Cold Sorc help

Kronto

May 29, 2008
Cold Sorc help

Ok, so I've got an 88 Sorc with almost maxed Orb/Blizzard. And I'm wearing Magefist, and Tal's set. I meant for this character to be my MF one. But, everytime I try and teleport through one of the good spots. I get killed very quickly.

Any tips, tricks, advice on how to be an effective MF Sorc? Also, any gear/merc/strategy advice would be great.
Everything seems to be Cold Immune when I try to run anything...

Re: Cold Sorc help

Put insight or obedience/tal helm on your merc, depending on if you need the mana from meditation or high dmg from obedience. The resists & LL from the helm will help him survive. Pop any kind of armor on him. 'Smoke' in an eth elite armor can easily get over 1,5k def. It will do.

Go to lost city wp (act2), find the ancient tunnels & run them. They are alvl85 (iirc) although they are quite small. BUT there are no cold immunes in there. My lvl75 cold sorc is running them atm, easily.

You should also be able to kill meph more or less easily. In one game I would go for pindle, meph & AT. As a cold sorc, you will find it hard (but not impossible) to mf effectively anywhere else. By effectively, I mean quickly.

Get at least 105 FCR. With Tal Set, just slap on Spirit, Magefist and a FCR ring (if the Spirit isn't 35%) and you're good to go.

Also get a Faster Hit Recovery Large Charm. This will take you to the next breakpoint.

Ok, thanks for the help. I've managed Meph, AT, and Pindle now. *PHEW, I was ready to give up.

Spirit and Insight are Ladder? Can they be traded on non-ladder? Not sure i have the wealth to get them. But, maybe I'll get lucky on a run and get some tradestock.

Yea, they're Ladder. Not sure about West, but on East they're a couple HRs each (for random ones).

Insight isn't needed if you don't have intense mana problems. Before you get Spirit, grab a Lidless Wall and use 2 FCR rings along with Magies. That will get you to 105FCR breakpoint with full Tal's.

But, if you have SoJs, use those and put on whatever gloves you want (Chancies, Frosties...). That will solve any potential mana problems. 63FCR isn't too low for a cold sorc.

Good call. I have Magefist Gloves, and I think that's the shield I have too. My rings are horri-bad. Didn't realize until i read the replies. I may have some Rare ones on a mule.

I still go out of mana fairly quickly, and I still manage to die alot. But, with everyone's help here, I have managed a few successful runs. I'm hoping with practice, I can keep the dying to a minimum.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High