Fishyzon merc other than act 2?

relliKniaP

Aug 2, 2005
Fishyzon merc other than act 2?

probably the best merc for a fishyzon is act2 normal defensive but which others can work (and with what gear setup) ? fishy said other mercs can work in his guide (not only act2)

EDIT: for example act 1 with treachery and upped kuko?

Last edited:
Re: Fishyzon merc other than act 2?

insight is a must on a fishy if at all possible. type of other aura aside from that doesnt matter. regardless i prefer melee mercs when i play a ranger and rangers when i play melee.

will act2 normal defensive speed up the runs greatly?

im really unsure what to do with merc, act 2 ones are painfully boring and equipping them is even more boring, there is not much variation in outfitting them......

i prefer nightmare defensive (holy freeze) even for cold based characters. reason being that if you can't freeze or chill something, hf still can.

Last edited:

act 1 will die a lot i think, even with treachery... and i hear damage is low even with windforce
wsk is pretty heavy enviroment, with a lot of variations as well, so i guess act2 normal defensive has most survivability

how do you think act5 normal with 'voice of reason' would do in the wsk with a fishyzon?

rellikniap has obvoiusly never had an act one merc. they die far less frequently than act 2. even taking IM out of the equation, an act2 merc easily gets surrounded and murdered. rogues, get out of the way when necessary (and sometimes when you'd rather they didnt i'll admit). the only time i've had trouble with an act 1 merc is her accidently getting nailed with an entire wave of minions from a baal run.

except in circumstances of a dual immune vs your two elements, ercs arent to be relied upon for damage reguardless of type.

yeah i never took act 1 merc to level ~80, thats why i said "i think it will die alot" and "i hear damage is low" geez

this doesnt help me decide a non-act2 merc for this build and youre not really answering my questions

if you didnt notice, im trying to find a balance of style/novelty and effectivness

whoops, didnt recognize that you were the original poster...

anyway, i answered your question. you said normal defensive, i disagreed and said nm defensive. you complain about act 1, but havent ever used it. best hands down in my opinion is act 2 norm combat (prayer) with insight or nightmare defensive act 2 (holy freeze) with insight. nothing else will speed you up baring infinity (which is debatable). this build is merc independent aside from the need to get mana back asap.

now, you want to be original, fine be original. since fishy didnt specifically say, that means anything will work as well as anything else except the best. i also say i prefer melee with rangers and vice versa, since you're not wanting act 2, what's that leave?

you want spoon fed a non act 2 merc that works?
act1 fire
vamp gaze
treachery
harmony

act 3
shako
vipermagi
lawbringer
lidless

act5
arreat
lastwish
chains of honor

there's three. have fun.

By the way, does the decrep from lawbringer kick in often on act3 mercs? (how often do they use their sword attack?)

somewhere i've read that they do use it melee style, but in reality i've never seen it nor heard of it being done. so never. lawbringer (and azurewrath) is typically used on those mercs for the sanctuary aura it provides.

I will go with act1 fire merc for my fishyzon..... i will equip her harmony/treachery... vigor should increase run speed and she should generally help vs single targets like listers minions and baal

you should be killing singletons too quickly via CS for her to help much.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High