Technical Question

Addict

Jun 29, 2007
Technical Question

I didn't see a 'technical' forum so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

I was just wondering: with Windows 7 coming out, I was planning to upgrade my pc and build a 64 bit system. So will Diablo II become too obsolete to play on a 64 bit system or will it just run even better?

Re: Technical Question

From the things that ive heard.... diablo runs good with windows 7.. but i have only seen a couple people that have actually tried it. My guess is that it wouldn't be that great to run on Windows 7 since you hear all the problems already about vista but who knows....i would say wait to hear some more stuff about windows 7.. unless your going to do other things besides play diablo but i know that will be the main usage for the comp right???
:p

Lol I didn't know computers could do things that weren't Diablo related...thx for the reply :)

64 bit system should be np. There is however a technical forum here though.

I've played D2 on Vista x64 and W7 x64 with no problems. (outside of a stupid crash error when the movies need to play on W7).

I can confirm that D2 works fine on Windows 7, even the Glide Wrapper works after disabling desktop composition. Mine is 32-bit though.

yeah and just an fyi, Windows 7 is what vista was supposed to be. and its a pretty good OS. although i did just hear that google is about to release their first OS, it will be interesting to see how that pans out...although i am a huge windows fan, id love to see a decent competitor besides mac os (which i hate imo), mainly to bring down prices.

I haven't bothered with Windows 7 yet but D2 runs fine on Vista Ultimate(64-bit).

Thanks for all the replies...glad to hear I shouldn't have any issues. I love Dii

although i am a huge windows fan, id love to see a decent competitor besides mac os (which i hate imo), mainly to bring down prices.

Ubuntu is basically there. Just about any desktop will work with no extra configuration. I find that ubuntu is just as easy to use as windows and even easier in some cases - wireless networking being one that I have noticed recently.

I think that linux is simply better than windows. Microsoft could do really well by developing their own free distribution and charging a fee for updates. Or some other payment scheme.

linux is better than windows. but windows is what is used by standard for businesses. it would be hard to convert at this point.

Aaaah well, for you general purposes Ubuntu does just fine. Browsing, some D2, dl-ing, watching, listening and even some office crap for study works fine.

....but the speed......that is insane.....:thumbsup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High