Teh Titular Thursdaily

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Teh Titular Thursdaily

Good morning, SPF!

RL: Three hours of work, and then I'm free! I'm taking it easy with my initial day off; the only necessary tasks are making a car payment and contacting the electric company to set up an account with my new (eventual) apartment. Thinking about getting a massive burrito for dinner, even though I have ~three days of food already at the house. :coffee:

D2: I got my FO/CBoltress to clvl78 yesterday; two levels away from an Arachnids and 200FCR. I don't know why, but I'm not nearly as impressed with CB as I was before my restart; I think it has something to do with low Vit/blocking, therefore making her too fragile to tank to get maximum CB efficency. But what truly halted me in my tracks is that since I don't have any plans for the build after Matting her, I kind of lost my drive to gain levels. I'll probably Mat her ASAP just to get her out of the way and get the HF reward. And so I've been thinking about other sorc builds, and even went as far as to questing with my low-level dual Nova sorc (that also has no plans after Matriarch status. :rolleyes: Could replace my LK runner maybe). Also considering a Lit/something sorc, only 'cuz I've never used Lightning on a high-level character.

Wow, too much D2 on the brain. Must... play...

Re: Teh Titular Thursdaily

RL: I can haz painkillers? aaa ... good celebration!

D2: whole day I guess. I have total and utter lack of D2 in last month or two, so:

Finish andy for at least one SoJ
Pat various chars to collect runes
Make RWs for some of my new ideas (hopefully, countess otherwise)
Finish ES sorc and make at least another one dueler for PvP week (barb or paly around my new BHS)
Have infinite fun - necro and throwazon.
Try not to spend all HFs and plan for ohm -> CTA (maybe one or two pseudorushes in 1.12? maybe charm auction? maybe both)

RL: had a maths exam for uni today. Turns out that I can't brain at the moment. I have the dumb.

D2: Exams. So I can't justify actually playing D2 that much. Maybe Drystan and I will start MPing soon.

RL: Had my last exam of this semester. I think I did pretty good. Being bored for the next two days, unless something unexpected happens(Maybe my friend will come over)

D2: Hmm...I'll be bored, so maybe.

RL : working 3 to 4 h more then see the GF before she go to night-shift... After that maybe power-shop that Shelf

D2 : 2h pally just hit hell! so questing some... hopefully Zero LK runs (that Zoddy giving me a hard time on LK detox! :thumbup:)

@Pijus : You really need to do some @ LK now!! If you are bored then you might aswell do something you find boring!

RL: First morning off all week. Some vacation...I think I'm becoming a workaholic.

D2: The same thing we do every day, Pinky. Kill Baal.

Yesterday night was another Czech D2 Meeting.
RIP ... was exstatic about Summer MFO
Jingizu ... was stomach sick so he couldn't drink or eat
Ugla ... had a pork knee (sorry if this is not appropriate term in english)
Bassano ... had a pork knee too and he was clearly enjoying eating it
Krovak ... made a video of Bassano eating a pork knee with a bare hands
Sequana ... left with jingizu too early, we even didn't start to drink properly!
Hrus ... ehh, came late from a volleayball match and drunk quite a lot... (as usually)

Talk was mostly about summer MFO...
BTW, skiffcz, Congrats to your bachelor title, maybe you will not miss the next meeting... (and what do you think about Mephisto runs? :evil:)

EDIT: Found it in a dictionary, it should most probably be "pork knuckle"

@Hrus : Nice to see you in a daily, So you how often do you have the Czech D2 gathering?

Get that video and post it! I'd like to see bassano devouring pork with grease smeared all over his face. :thumbup:

Glad to hear y'all are still getting together. Which reminds me, c'mon Texans! Let's set something up in Austin! :smug:

Glad to hear y'all are still getting together. Which reminds me, c'mon Texans! Let's set something up in Austin! :smug:

Or you can always come back to Maine where you belong. Austin probly has a higher population then the state of Maine. Score one for peace and quite.

RL: School is almost done for my son. He finishes this week, and then goes Monday and then he is done until the end of August. I learned a new way to play magic, which surprises me because I started playing in 1996.

D2: I probly ought to work some more on my HF rushing. I might work on my necro as well.

RL: Had a very tough meeting that went until midnight last night and had to be at work again by 6AM so I am tired. Work has agreed to book my time off for a project that I am doing for work but is actually my masters project for the next few weeks so that is awesome. Using work time will accelerate the progress exponentially.

D2: Nothing much, been off it this week due to being bitten by a bit of nostalgia in the form of:

OVG: UFO Enemy unknown. Found a cool UFO wiki with some awesome information and I am now playing the game in a whole new way. Was happy to find out that my way of playing (no PSI units, no exploits) is actually one of the hardest ways to play, so I have jacked up the difficulty and am trying out some of the tricks I learned about on the net. Always wanted to try use PSI soldiers but I am normally able to finish the game before I get the labs and training done and get bored and end it all.

Hrus: Mmmmmm! Ephisto!!! :D Ok, lets lvl my blizzy a bit :) (oh, and will hopefully get to that wolf breakpoint test). Shame I wasn able to see you guys, but I guess it will be more time now through the vacation ;)

P.S. I bet I was more drunk then all of you together last night :D Actually, still am :D

That's probable, I only had 5 beers and 2 shots of green. And the rest of us with exception of Bassano don't drink (so much). Hmm, I am having another meeting with volleyball people today and it will be much more intense (I took a day off for friday ;) )

Ooooooh Cius, I am so going to google that wiki:) Maybe I`ll actually do something different from Laser Pistol, Laser Rifle, Alien grenade.....

on-topic

RL: Work

D2: None

OVG: Ufo all the way.

Wow, a D2 meeting sounds like so much fun!! :thumbup:

Right now I'm in a stalemate with my roommate on who's moving out. You see, if he moves out, then I don't have to move out; vice versa. For each of us, the best case is the other person moving out; the worst case is neither of us moving out. Sounds like the prisoner's dilemma, which means we'll probably reach the nash eqm and not move out. :crazyeyes::crazyeyes: No, can't let that happen. I might swallow my pride and just move out.

RL: planned to continue the job/apartment hunting, but learned that an uncle was recently killed by a car while out walking. SUXORZ! Sorta puts a damper on things. Must begin pounding beers very soon, but need a trip to the grocery first. Stress level just increased by about 1500%.

D2: is there a better way to take the mind off of RL? Probably not, other than beer. Maybe some questing with the sept sorc later: she's easily questable on beer. But who knows what the day will bring.

OT: essojay Rox. Thanks again for all your help, buddy!

Edit: also, @TRM. A TX D2 meeting sounds great!

RL: Absolutely nothing. I was supposed to go golfing, but it's pouring outside.

D2: Working on my 1.09 sorc more. It's rather strange...I'm level 37 and I'm going into the NM Chaos Sanctuary...I need to learn where to level in this patch :p.

Edit: Just read your post jamesixgun. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Last edited:

Wow, JayGun, that's horrible. My best to you and all your family. ...That's just stunning...

On a horribly lighter note, I just Matted BotchRegardless ('Charged Boltress' anagrammed; clever, no?), the FO/CB 200FCR sorc. And it's not even worth a write up. CB is bad if you can't get close, even with 200FCR. It was stronger than I had thought earlier this morning, but my memories of Charged Bolt were skewed. HF runes were Lem in NM and Hel in Hell. ...Yes, I groaned out loud at that... The character will be de-geared and retired. Up next: Dual Novas. ...Or a Lightning/something sorc. ...Or a singer... Or any of the rest of the characters I have in NM.

(edit:) I forgot to mention that teleport was abused. VERY heavily. I started at clvl78 in the Dark Wood at 7am and was finished with Baal by 10:15. I was able to get to clvl80 after killing Shenk twice, which gave me Arachnids... so admittedly it was 200FCR for the last act. ...Whatever. Spirit shield = Low life. Low Life + CBolt = phail. She wouldn't be a bad Countess runner, but... That's even worse than LK, IMO.

Last edited:

JayGun: Sorry to hear about the loss. More drinks on Durf in the EMB!!

TRM: BotchRegardless is incredibly clever. Too bad about the low life. 200 FCR is really hard to achieve without Spirit too. :-/

I just realized my situation is similar to the prisoner's dilemma only if (you moving out) + (the other person not moving out) is worse for you than no one moving out. And since it's not, no dominant strategy here. Thus: me giving in and moving out tomorrow. Game theory fail. And this is supposed to be my specialty. :whistling:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High