Charge/holy fire pala?

joeyjonson

Apr 28, 2008
Charge/holy fire pala?

Hey all!

I have been thinking about doing this sort of palabuild. My question is: will it be able to beat hell? (i know its a pretty dumb question, cause any build can beat hell with patience and a clever playstyle - but this build looks really whacked!)

I recently found out that I have the right runes for Obedience (dont have 5os polearm though) so im definetly going to make that as my main "harvester".

The skillbuild would probably look like this:
Charge 20
Holy Fire 20
Resist Fire 20
Salvation 10(?)
Might/vigor 10(?)

This way I will do a decent amount of physical dmg and a great deal of fire dmg aswell.

Suggestions on skills, itamz and playstyle will be appreciated!

JJ

Re: Charge/holy fire pala?

Yes, you'll be able to beat hell.

However, your skills don't work well together. Elemental auras lend themselves to zeal for the fast attack, whereas charge lends itself to big hurty sticks and slow, high damage attacks.

I think this build will basically be a chargedin with a holy fire animation - I do not honestly believe you will notice any difference in kill speed whatsoever by having holy fire activated or being auraless.

On a related topic, obedience holy fire zealots are quite viable and entertaining.

-CG

ye well. Maybe zeal would be better. I wouldve thought that holy fire would do a larger amount of fire dmg.. 750 aprox. isnt much. I do, however, already have 2 zealots (1 fanat. and 1 tezla) so the funny part would mainly be the big stick! Back to running cows for that 5os polearm!

I like the idea of Holy Fire myself, I am currently playing around with the idea of getting it to work with the Hydra from Dragonscale and/or the fire skills from Trang Ouls. Would make for a different char but still...

I play Vanilla so I don't have access to Obediance, however thare are two other quite cool weapons you should have a look at:
Flamebellow
and
Kinemil's Awl
They won't compete in damage but they do ooze style points! :thumbup:

/gedda

Yes, you'll be able to beat hell.
I think this build will basically be a chargedin with a holy fire animation - I do not honestly believe you will notice any difference in kill speed whatsoever by having holy fire activated or being auraless.

I agree with these statements, especially the part about not noticing a difference in kill speed with or without the HF aura. Considering that Charge lends itself to Fanatacism well for extra ED for you & your merc, you WOULD see a difference between HF and Fanatacism auras.

Playing for style is great, but sometimes if a build isn't broken there's no need to fix it. :whistling:

Giving a merc a Reaper's Toll (or using it yourself) would cut out a bunch of the PIs you encounter, so worring about adding elemental damage is kind of unnecessary. It's always a nice touch, but consider that FIs are quite common throughout Hell and you'll see that those skills points are wasted quite often. At least, compare and contrast the few unbreakable PIs you'll encounter versus ALL the unbreakable FIs you'll see. Fanatacism wins out, hands down.

Liberator is good fun. Make sure you play PvP with him too, you don't need uber equipment.

Liberator's are very good builds, but if you play him exclusively PvM you'd probably end up playing him like an weakened Hammeredin. Charge seem just too slow for a PvM build.

That aside, if you really want a PvM charger I suggest reading SSoG's guide (lot's of useful information and SSoG will, in his usual manner, manage to convince you Chargers are the build you have been waiting for all this time :))

@Antonio: Just now I read a small bit of SSoG's guide and am on my way to make a charger:whistling:

How about using 'Insight' as a weapon? Decent damage and 35% FCR could be great fun. Add Vipermagi and a ring for an instant 75FCR. Or two rings and Trang's Claws.

And that meditation will be useful...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High