PVM Blessed Hammer Dammage Need Help Please

DInman

Apr 22, 2009
PVM Blessed Hammer Dammage Need Help Please

Hey guys I've been playing diabloII LOD only for a few months now.....Although i've owned it for years some friends and i recently got back into it. I've built a cpl strong characters a blizzard sorc and summoner necromancer but wanted a character that could easily rush through nightmare and hell and not have to ask or BEG somebody to help or give up my forge for every new character i want to build. Sooo.. I decided i'd build a Hammerdin as forums and everything i've came across says this is the best way to go. Here lies the QUESTION. My hammerdin only does around 3k damage per hammer when you mouse over the skill?? I've maxed out Blessed hammer of course and vigor, concentration etc.. After rushing my character and constant leveling i'm at level 90 now so I don't understand how people are getting 12-16K damage? My gear looks like this..........

Helmet: Harlequin Crest Shako
Armor: Enigma Mage Plate
Shield: Herald of Zakarum
Weapon: Heart of the Oak
Rings: 2 stones of Jordan
Belt: Aracnid Mesh
Gloves: Magefist

Heres my Blessed HammerLevel and synergies
BH: 34
Concentration:32
Blessed Aim: 32
Holy Shield: 20
Vigor:32

I've read about using concentration to up my Hammer damage but once I switch from concentration to my hammer i lose all amplified damage?
How do you use concentration and blessed hammer at the same time?
Also i've tried assigning skill to my mouse click like BH to left click and concentration to my right click in the config screen but it doesn't accept the mouse buttons. Only the scroll key and whatever you assign to it still only works the Automap.

Any help would be appreciated So thanks in advance and i love the forum
Thanks guys

Re: PVM Blessed Hammer Dammage Need Help Please

Concentration is aura so when it is selected, it is in effect. You do not need/cannot right click.

If you look the damage screen you will see when concentration is on your hammer damage is greatly increased.

I understand that while the Aura is on the damage is increased. The thing is as soon as you switch to Blessed hammer the aura goes off an the only thing the damage screen shows as "damage" is the damage from only the hammers. How are ppl getting 10-15K damage on hammers was my question

Thanks

You assign hammers to your left click skill, so your aura remains on right click. To cast hammers, you'll have to either hold Shift (or whatever you assigned to "stand still") or click directly on an enemy.

You assign hammers to your left click skill, so your aura remains on right click. To cast hammers, you'll have to either hold Shift (or whatever you assigned to "stand still") or click directly on an enemy.

Lol, don't know what the deal is but the game will NOT let me assign skills to my mouse. Only the scroll button works 2 scroll through spells. I have to manually use F1-F8 to choose say defiance cast with right click then use assigned F key to switch back to hammers which cancels out defiance or any other aura i'm using and again right click as normal to cast the hammers. Pretty frustrating I know other people this works for but i just can't seem to get any skill assigned to the mouse buttons. Have tried with my others characters also and none of their skills will set to work with Left click either, only selecting them and then right click as normal. I give up

Okay guys so i downloaded an excel spreadsheet that calculates the damage based on level of Blessed Hammer, Concentration, Blessed Aim, Etc.. and it gives me a damage total of around 15,600 so am i to assume that the damage calculation screen in game is per hammer at around 3K and not total damage with synergies and Plus skills?

To assign an attack to your left mouse click, look at the bottom of your screen. There should be two boxes, one on the left, and one on the right. They are both right next to the life and mana bulbs respectivley.

Click on the left box and click on Blessed Hammer, it now assigns Blessed Hammer as your main attack for whenever you left click on a monster or hold down shift + left click. You can now have Auras/Teleport on your right-click while attacking with Blessed Hammers with your left.

As far as I know the character screen isnt lying about the total amount of damage your doing (someone correct me if im wrong), but you need to have the attack/aura set up like in the picture to show the total damage with Concentration.

AWESOME!!!!!! I don't think i'd ever even noticed a box being on the left side, lol, Simple solution to a simple question i guess. Thanks for all the answers done the trick upped my damage by almost 8500

anyone else find it odd he has all that gear and hasn't noticed the skill set on the left lol :)

anyone else find it odd he has all that gear and hasn't noticed the skill set on the left lol :)

Not odd at all i've traded around for things and purchased things i've been unable to find. And as for the button on the side nobody else had the answer for that either and it's been a question on multiple forums. Until i built the Paladin i'd never needed a skill for each mouse click, just always switched manually!!

But thanks again for pointing out what I already had. Something simple I had overlooked. You should feel proud of yourself It's made you a better person

Not odd at all i've traded around for things and purchased things i've been unable to find. And as for the button on the side nobody else had the answer for that either and it's been a question on multiple forums. Until i built the Paladin i'd never needed a skill for each mouse click, just always switched manually!!
I hope you mean switching with hotkeys and not your mouse......

You played a blizzard sorceress without assigning skills to your left click? Holy god.

Anyway your hammerdin only hits the 75% fcr bp, not the 125% fcr bp - dump the shako and one SOJ, get a 2/20 craft amulet, 2/20/2 circlet, and a 10% fcr ring. If you got all the other equipment, these should be no trouble ;P

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High