Search for secrets / secret areas !!!

Re: Search for secrets / secret areas !!!

You can sometimes teleport from the Plains of Despair to islands of stone sticking up out of the abyss. And in a similar fashion, you can sometimes teleport from the Spider Forest into Alkor's Shop.

Let's also not forget the Cathedral of the Damned in Act IV (The City of The Damned) and its stained glass windows which are described as "An Evil Force".

See more of the Cathedral here

I have never seen that cathedral ever when playing. Though I know it exists. Probably should full clear the area this time onwards :)

:D haha
A pretty funnt descovery. Try taking your leg to charsi and imbue it

Before:
Code:
Wirt's Leg
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Durability: 46 of 66
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x8bb009bf
150% Damage to Undead

After:
Code:
Stone Gnash
Wirt's Leg
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 9
Durability: 66 of 66
Required Level: 48
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0xbc79e0c2
+1 to Strength
+17% Enhanced Damage
+79 to Attack Rating
9% Mana stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
(Edit: notice the level req. for a fricking leg! /edit)

I recalled someone saying something about upgrading the leg. So I tried the noraml -> exceptional recipe for uniques, but it failed... Then I though "hey, maybe I can imbue it" and voila :grin:
I didnt try the exceptional -> elite since I wouldn't want to waste a pul, but I do recall (could be way out swimming though) someone upgrading wirsts leg and getting somethign like a hand axe from it :p

EDIT: Ah., now I remember the story. After you imbue your leg, try upgrading the rare one!

Code:
Stone Gnash
Hand Axe
One-Hand Damage: 3 to 7
Durability: 18 of 28
Required Level: 48
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0xbc79e0c2
+1 to Strength
+17% Enhanced Damage
+79 to Attack Rating
9% Mana stolen per hit
Required Level +5
20% Increased Attack Speed
:D Worst waste of runes/pgems ever?

How's that for weird secrets in the game ;)
Although, this could be valueable info for those of you who talked about wirt's frenzy'ers

Edit:mad:stephan: :doh: Ofc you can't, I blame durf *hides*

Hint: you can't upgrade white/grey items, but you can upgrade rare items. ;)

so then you would be able to get a rare tomahawk out of upping a wirts leg with potential for godly mods?

so then you would be able to get a rare tomahawk out of upping a wirts leg with potential for godly mods?

True, but then again you could just imbue/craft tomahawk's / hand axes :p

Apparently, legs are not melee weapons either ... proof

btw, funny ATMA bug, it still says Strength .. I should report it I guess ...

Strength
Wirt's Leg
'AmnTir'
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Durability: 41 of 66
Required Level: 25
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x2b8dfc7d
Quest Item Difficulty: Nightmare
7% Life stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Socketed (2: 2 used)

I've noticed sometimes, while teleporting around the Black Tower, I can land behind the walls along certain hallways...Can't do much....mostly can walk a few paces parallel to the wall....then you have to tele back to get going....I haven't checked this out in other areas like the barracks/monastary....But I'm guessing there may be pockets like that also

Tyrael spawned unclickable portal to DESTRUCTION END for me once - on the very edge of the central bridge. Dont have the screenie though (I think ...) .. Telekinesis solved that though :)

Also, have you EVER picked up predropped gold in worldstone chamber??

Also, WHERE is Waldo?

I've heard you could make rw in wirt's in earlier patches... haven't tried yet. But I know in 1.07 the the Cathedral of the Damned has been there in the middle of the city every time I've checked. And the windows are not evil forces fwiw.

Ok here's one.

Every third post points out hitting areas outside the map. Did you know that there are also those areas in the Maggot Lair. And much more interesting, monsters can spawn there.

- Yea. It's cool to leave ppl TP's on those islands in Plains of Despair when you MP or BN. NP I'll tele to Izzy 'n then you watch.
- You can tele behinde the walls in Tal's Tomb and some other areas obviously^^
- When you'r walking to Dablo's Sanctuary from the RoF WP those figures standing there are staring at you like when you walk they turn heads following your move.
- You can jump from the Arreat Summit IF your character is desparate enaf; messed skill/stat points cracked gear, low life etc.
- Once you jump, you still don't lose control (except the excitement) so i managed to land in Harrogath that way, and now I'm working on landing in the pool just to wet that old bastard Cain

EDIT: I'll post screenies when i do.

Ok here's one.

Every third post points out hitting areas outside the map. Did you know that there are also those areas in the Maggot Lair. And much more interesting, monsters can spawn there.

I've teleported outside the walls in the Maggot Lair before, but don't remember seeing a monster there before. But that reminded me of this one:

http://www.freewebs.com/sirpoopsalot77/Screenshot038.jpg

<--- that's a Hydra in the Durance of Hate, level1. It was a GF-run with my barb, and he pops down there for a second each run so that Waheed joins the battle quicker. I guess it's not really a secret area though. :p

<--- that's a Hydra in the Durance of Hate, level1. It was a GF-run with my barb, and he pops down there for a second each run so that Waheed joins the battle quicker. I guess it's not really a secret area though. :p
Something similar has happend to me too. But sadly I cant remember exactly where or when but indeed something similar has happend to me. When a spell cast hogged along to another area or sth.

Something similar has happend to me too. But sadly I cant remember exactly .

I have this feeling that I brought a monster with me through a TP to town, in the very moment it was attacking me or my minion (and I feel it was one of the rakanishus pack, but skellies killed him quickly). If my memory is right, it was in one of the very old patches though ...

I have this feeling that I brought a monster with me through a TP to town, in the very moment it was attacking me or my minion (and I feel it was one of the rakanishus pack, but skellies killed him quickly). If my memory is right, it was in one of the very old patches though ...

Hahahaa! I guess the old patches were full of strange stuff. I still remember fighting against De Seis when he had the thief mod.

I routinely click decard cain's portal from Tristram, which holds it open for my use indefinately. I've tried the same thing with Anya's from the Frozen River, but not succeeded. Can that be done?

No one has mentioned the shrine yet.

I have not seen it myself, but isn't there a very rare (and elaborate) shire graphic that only shows up once in a blue moon?

Maybe someone who has seen it can confirm.

-hps

No one has mentioned the shrine yet.

I have not seen it myself, but isn't there a very rare (and elaborate) shire graphic that only shows up once in a blue moon?

Maybe someone who has seen it can confirm.

-hps

Do you mean the one that looks like a golden idol with the incense burning around it?

Hahahaa! I guess the old patches were full of strange stuff. I still remember fighting against De Seis when he had the thief mod.

If I remember correctly, uniques sometimes spawned with different colors than they were supposed to as well :p

I have this screenshot of being shot at by Oblivion Knights in a weird spot in 1.07. I couldn't even teleport to wherever they were, but they were shooting at me and it hurt :wink:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High