Amazing Equip. High Life Nice Dmg WW Barb, What Can I Change?! der

Honeymuffin

Dec 22, 2008
Amazing Equip. High Life Nice Dmg WW Barb, What Can I Change?!

Hia there, gotta start off with saying im a barbarian freak on D2. Made 6 of em, different types, and managed to screw all of em up in one way or another, pretty much transfering my gear down the line! :D

A of now, ive made 2 frenzys, 2 berserkers, a lvl 90 Concentrate (screwed him up), and now my Whirlwind barb! All these chars ranged from 87 -90, With my WW being the only one, at lvl 80, until soon when i get somelvling in!.

Level 80 Whirlwind Barb:

Equip: ---

- 415 ed EBOTD Thunder Maul, pride and joy. (200 ish to 1390 Max Dmg)
- (Which i know you will msot likely not beleive me, but i made myself) (hence why i have basically transfered it down throguh 4 of the barbs, exclduing the frenziers)

Near Perf (CLOSE!!): Arreats (w/ 15 ias 40ed jewel)
2x ravens, also got 2x Bulkathos rings
Gore riders
Draculs
Verdungo's

- Sacred Armor Fort (1900+ def)
- 2x War cry javs, +3 warcry ammy

- ANNI - 16 attrib, 20 res, x Exp...
- TORCH - 19 attrib, 20 res, 8 light radius thing
- 10 Warcry GC's (using 8 in inv.)
- 7 life sc's w/ various small mods

-ALSO - Got Archon Fort, Archon Enigma in case, etc.

MERC: - lvl 20 Concentrate PRIDE
- Eth SACRED ARMOR Fort (4065 def)
-Andys visage (w/ Ral rune) Non eth (lame..)

Skills: ---

- 1 in all Prerequisites
- 20 WW
- 20 Battle Orders
- 20 Mace Mastery
- 1 in berserk

Attributes: ---

Strength - Close to 233-235 ish (all Equip. on)

Dex - Quite a number, clsoe to 170 ish (i beleive it helps to raise AR for hitting those monsters!)

Vitality - Somewhere are 330, With BO etc, im at 4100 ish life.

Energy - base 10, clsoe to 75 or soemthing with Equip.

About - Currently, i am not able to use my Mercenary because he must be a certaibn lelve ot use Armor, so i currently do 2700 - 15K WW damage, About 3000 - 16K with Berserk (lots of +skills), Ar is near 7500 for WW, decent, and i have adecent time killing monsters in the game. I beleive it mgiht help to get my merc going, hopefully reaching at leats 20K max dmg, but.....

What could i possibly change about my WW barbarian? Before i ruin himlol! Equip., Skills, Attrib? Absolutely anything, i have the equipment, and definately the time since i said "Fxxx You" to my Xbox, and its Xmas break, Please comment and respond on anything i could change or revamp! Thanks!

Re: Amazing Equip. High Life Nice Dmg WW Barb, What Can I Change?!

Good to keep the TMaul. I traded my Eth TMaul for a non-eth TMaul, plus endgame gear for 7 different characters.

What I'm trying to figure out is why your damage and AR is pitiful with a Ebotd TMaul compared to a Hammerdin with 1 lvl Charge, who is in 11k AR/25K territory with plus skills at lvl 80. I get it.

The WC ammy and charms is to prebuff. Unless you hork a lot, I would switch those as well before venturing out. I would try to acquire/gamble a 2 Barbarian skills ammy/20+ prismatic, then switch the WC Grand charms with a few Grand charms of steel (10 damage/100+AR).

Rebuild; you way overspent in dex.

Replace a Raven and the WC ammy with Angelic ring/ammy for AR. The Angelic combo gives you ~900 AR at level 80, also 95 life and the saved dex can go to vita. You can use the WC ammy for prebuff (as deadbeater said), but you don't need to carry it around everywhere.

My fury/summon druid keeps a +skills ammy in his inventory for resummoning/shifting.

Is using a Thunder Maul worth it when you miss out on the last WW breakpoint? I had thought a Great Poleaxe ebotd was the best WW weapon?

Last edited:

Im using a ebotd gpa 396ed 15ll (not as good roll as yours but still) and im just having a blast, i love almost dealing as much dmg as lite sorcs and lamerdins and they dont know what the f*ck just rolled by.

I notice a big difference on my dmg when i dont hit last ww bp (when hit by decrep or HF) it's one hit / ww that you miss out on iirc. and when youre wielding a 2h thats a lot of dmg. i can not really touch your LCS but that's not really what counts imo.

my LCS says i have 10k max dmg with ww without any +damage charms and a free socket in my 164/4 arreats :p

Im using a ebotd gpa 396ed 15ll (not as good roll as yours but still) and im just having a blast, i love almost dealing as much dmg as lite sorcs and lamerdins and they dont know what the f*ck just rolled by.

I notice a big difference on my dmg when i dont hit last ww bp (when hit by decrep or HF) it's one hit / ww that you miss out on iirc. and when youre wielding a 2h thats a lot of dmg. i can not really touch your LCS but that's not really what counts imo.

my LCS says i have 10k max dmg with ww without any +damage charms and a free socket in my 164/4 arreats :p

GPA does meet the last WW breakpoint, holy freeze & decrep don't change the breakpoint your WW hits (it is only related to your weapon attack speed, not your 'final' attack speed), and your hits aren't determined per WW, but rather per second.

Assuming the second to last breakpoint had x number of chances to hit, the last breakpoint will have 1.5x (150%). That is a pretty huge difference from my perspective. Assuming you don't one hit every single monster with a weapon that does more damage but doesn't hit the last breakpoint, I doubt it does 150% of the damage.

Basically, if you want the perfect WW barb, don't use thunder maul. Ethereal Great Poleaxe is your best bet (top range, and also biggest damage of any weapon that can get to the best WW breakpoint).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High