Do Torches crash games?

Galabab

Nov 2, 2007
Do Torches crash games?

I have a smiter right now and im worried about using a torch cuz i believe torches can trigger game crash and that would uber suck in tristram or while dclone killing.

I know for sure Meteor kills games.
How about 1 single torch smiter?

Re: Do Torches crash games?

one torch will probably not crash the game but you shouldnt have one anyway. if you already have a torch you wont be able to pick up the one that drops in uber trist. :p If you are really that worried, join the game, wait 6 minutes for the game to perm, then go do your thing. if it crashes just rejoin.

yea its always a good idea to perm the game before you start doing ubers. ive occasionaly gotten "lost your connection" messages doing ubers and lost a org set before so now i always wait 5 min to perm the game. couple of other people i know who have also had problems like this doing ubers since theres a ton of mobs than spawn and a lot of spells and **** goin off which can cause a disconnect.

My Kicksin and Frenzy Barb get disconnected a lot.

Characters with fast melee or ranged attacks that unleash a lot of firestorms are the most prone to crashing. Something to do with anti duping code? or something. My Hammerdin never crashes :p

They don't actually crash the game, just you. If the game is more than 5 minutes old or there are other people there you can rejoin.

fast hitting torch-procers can drop games.

examples of builds/skills that can really ramp-up the number of firestorm procs are Frenzy, Zeal, Fury, D-Talon, Strafe and Lit Fury.

i wish blizz would just turn that stupid proc off. or make it a 0.5% CtC....

Characters with fast melee or ranged attacks that unleash a lot of firestorms are the most prone to crashing. Something to do with anti duping code? or something.

More like something to do with servers programmed to shut down games with too much server stress going on in them. Thats what I think. Some people get even kicked out for changing too many skills too fast/using too many skills too fast. Never had that happen to me, but thats the rumours :p

More like something to do with servers programmed to shut down games with too much server stress going on in them. Thats what I think. Some people get even kicked out for changing too many skills too fast/using too many skills too fast. Never had that happen to me, but thats the rumours :p

Indeed. If I, for exemple, use like mad my little wheel on my mouse to switch skills when I have a pally out, I get d/c from all that aura spamming at the same time :whistling:

Some people get even kicked out for changing too many skills too fast/using too many skills too fast. Never had that happen to me, but thats the rumours :p

If my pally mouse wheels through his auras, I will get kicked. I am not sure if it crashes the game though.

Im making a zon that uses a Brand bow and I am wondering if the bone spear makes things worse with the torch. Oh well, I'll just multi instead of strafe when necessary.

If my pally mouse wheels through his auras, I will get kicked. I am not sure if it crashes the game though.

Im making a zon that uses a Brand bow and I am wondering if the bone spear makes things worse with the torch. Oh well, I'll just multi instead of strafe when necessary.

Well multi crashes games too. My multi bowa 7 frames with torch crashes about 75% of the 8 player Baal runs I use her in.

The games don't crash, you just get disconnected. If it's more than 5 minutes old, you can rejoin it.

Zealadin with extreme speed + torch + baal runs = crashing is a mouseclick away. :(

I'm doing a lot of Baal runs with my fana-zealot (with a torch and 4 frame zeal) and I get thrown very rarely, e.g. when I have a short lag and the game tries to catch up the missing seconds.

The games don't crash, you just get disconnected. If it's more than 5 minutes old, you can rejoin it.

I'm afraid that's not always true. Whenever LF Zon's torch triggered a C/I for me, the others got disconnected as well, as I later found out.

What's especially painful about this is that other players were procing their torches too, and with few pauses in between, but the interruptions only seized when I put mine in the stash. It's gone so far that I'm actually wondering if this problem is being caused by my connection or my machine, and not just the frequency of my CtC triggering.

Do you think that is actually possible? Because I'd like to think that my torch was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Each time I got disconnected like that, I could rejoin the game. It happens rather oftem in UT and I would certainly remember if I couldn't.

Each time I got disconnected like that, I could rejoin the game. It happens rather oftem in UT and I would certainly remember if I couldn't.

Good for you, but I'm not always this lucky. If you don't believe me, I could show you (if we were even on the same Realm, I'm on USEast).

I'm afraid that's not always true. Whenever LF Zon's torch triggered a C/I for me, the others got disconnected as well, as I later found out.
Yes, everyone gets disconnect, but you can still rejoin if you perm the game first.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High