Fire + Degrading Armor Durability (Idk if this should go here) der

stillmatic

Jan 20, 2008
Fire + Degrading Armor Durability (Idk if this should go here)

Okay so I'm not sure if this goes here, sorry if it doesnt. but it seems to fit as this is statistics and this is like a technical question.

I plan to make a treachery for my merc, and in some pvm circumstances i would like to prebuff with this treachery for the fade. (like vs ubers).

Although I believe treachery gives no ED% and having an eth one for my merc would be kind of silly as the def difference would be minor, I would still like to do so if i can safely buff with it without losing durability.

So, my question is: If I stand out in game generated fires in order for the ctc fade effect to take place (like inside Tristram or outside Horragoth) will this degrade my armor's durability?

Thank you :wave:

Re: Fire + Degrading Armor Durability (Idk if this should go here)

Only melee and missile attacks degrade durability, so exposing yourself to fires or spell attacks will work. However, you have to find such a fire first and when you are attacked by monsters then, its durability will suffer. Also, some spell attacks from monsters have a physical damage component and I'm not sure if they reduce durability.

At the time when defense matters, you will lose durability, so either you will lose durability or etherality will do nothing

Edit: Oh sory didn't see that your merc would use it too. Well, if you're sure you wont get hit on the way to the fires, you can make it etheral, but I suggest non-eth (or have 2 treacheries)

Alright then, thank you very much. Yeah... I am not concerned about being hit on the way. my plan is to use my usual armor on the way to the fires, clear everything out, swap armor with my merc for a sec, and then go burn myself lol.

Thanks again for the replies.

If you use the fires near the River of Flame WP, you shouldn't encounter any enemies normally.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High