Can you ebug weapons?

lumpor

May 8, 2008
Can you ebug weapons?

There's a socket recipe for weapons too so I don't see why not

Re: Can you ebug weapons?

It's a bug, you can't expect it to carry over as if it was a design decision. But a worthwile thought anyway.

Why is it different from an armor?

Because it's considered a bug by adding the defense again.

Wep's get Damage, and for those the bug doesnt work.

Try it if your skeptical.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4 (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 sockets). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas.

But the bug for armors is: "When you give an etheral armor sockets with the cube recipe, the etheral bonus is applied again"

The only reason I could see to why weapons aren't affected the same way would be that the codes are different, which in my opinion is quite bizzare.

Or maybe, the etheral damage code is different because they needed to make damage on boots and shields not affected by etherality, so they made more exact codes on damage than on def. Or something...

Master Zap: I believe you in that it doesn't work. I kinda thought so before I started the thread, since noone talks about ebugged weapons. What I'm wondering is why. Why would damage be different from defense when it comes to etheral bonus?

Last edited:

The question is not why weapons are not bugged, but why armors are.

Simple

in 1.10 there was a bug; when an ethereal piece of armour was upgraded in the cube it became non ethereal.

Blizzard's solution was to re-apply the eth bonus to an armour that was transformed in the cube.

However, that fix is bugged, and applies to the socketing recipes as well: the armour's defense is multiplied by 1.5 again

Ok, thanks. Yet another situation where Blizzard were lazy when fixing a bug (nextdelay for shockweb, peace on mercs are other examples)

I remember reading about the cause of the bug somewhere, but forget where it was. Anyway, it was related to this:

-Armors' defense value is saved on the item since it's variable between min/max. This saved value includes the ethereal bonus, but doesn't differentiate it from the base defense.

-Weapons' base min/max damage is static and thus doesn't need to be saved.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High