Raven Frost (plus last normal set amulet)

phaolo

Jul 5, 2007
Raven Frost (plus last normal set amulet)

Is really Hell Andariel the best monster to get a Raven Frost?
It's years that I'm playing this game and I've never found it. I got a SoJ before!!

I'm now doing runs and I think Andy is glitched correctly as her drops usually contain uniques or sets.
With my full Tal's sorc and 350+ Mf at Players3 I should have 1:175 chances..so where is it!? :banghead:
Is her death considered first-kill? If not the chances become 1:400 :(

This is secondary: where can I also find the Arcanna's Sign?
It's pretty useless but it's my last normal set in my stash lol

Re: Raven Frost (plus last normal set amulet)

Keep going, keep going, keep going. You're running the best target....

If you get discouraged you can always try hell meph, I usually get a raven frost off of him as well as many arcanna's sign's.

I recently got a raven frost from first time kill on nightmare duriel, must have been alot of luck involved there though

NM Duriel has the best chance to drop Raven Frost if you plan to run many times.
1:1400 or similar to that :) (with no MF or higher player settings)

As Heskla said, just keep going, it will drop, sooner or later...Personally i found couple of Raven Frosts from Hell Meph (i have surely more then 10 of them), so its just matter of time...and decent number of runs...

ive actually gotten mine off of NM council guarding the entrance to durance of hate

I found ravenfrost twice off Hell Mephisto and once off Andy. To be honest though don't run for specific items like that that are common. Rather run for your remaining TC87's and those ones will pop up over time from Pindle, Baal, ancient tunnels, and the serious MF targets.

Ah no, I still miss 20 sets and 138 uniques in total. Lot of work ahead.
I guess more click-click-click awaits me (maybe I'll do some Meph).
Thanks for help hehe

p.s: are ancient tunnels better than the Pit for TC87?

p.p.s: andronicus- SoJ minee! :crazy::tongue:

ot: yee I've found my first high rune! Andy dropped me a Ist :D (or a boss around)

Last edited:

Are AT better than Pits? Well depends on what your aim is. Personally my ultimate goal is a grail so all that matters is getting as many chances to drop a Tyrials Might each minute. A good ancient tunnel map can be run by a blizzard sorc in about a minute and has 5-8 bosses I think. That gives you a chance at Tyrials every 9 seconds. If you can beat that with another character running Pits then go for it. I think the problem is that the Pits have more immunities where AT has no natural cold immune monsters so a blizzy is fast there. If you have enigma and a decent magic damage character I imagine Pits would also be fast. My bone mancer really shines in the Pits but takes forever to reach there due to not having an enigma. My blizzard sorc does not have that problem and can also move between boss packs very fast. I think once my Novaorb sorceress is a higher level she will become competitive running Pits to my blizzy running AT. Will have to see. Either way you will get many many ravenfrost's in the pits before you get most of the TC87 items so there is no point running Andy for one.

For grail hunters to me it seems that you only want to run hell mephisto for initial equipment, and then lvl 85 area's for the rest. If you want grail -1 then Pindle becomes an option as well. The only specific lower level item I ran for was an SoJ from NM Andy. Now I only aim for TC87 items. I suspect before I am done with the grail I would have built up decent runners for the Pits, Ancient Tunnels, River of Flames, and worldstone keep + baal just for variety.

Oh well, it seems you're right.
Ancient Tunnels are a small place, with slow monsters, enough bosses, no cold immunes and better experience.. no super powerful archers! I like it.
I'm doing it at P5 and I've found The Reaper's Toll (nice!!) and Taebaek's Glory (set completed :nod:), plus my exp bar moves somewhat faster.
I was sick of ActI and ActIII then.
:thumbup:

Instead, I've run Pindle thousand of times but never found anything. Not very satisfying :\

Last edited:

Yep. I also ran pindle for a while and it almost killed the game for me. Hence I change things up often. I constantly chop and change between running AT, LK, Baal, Mephisto, and Pindle on the rare occasion. Some of those targets may be less interesting than others but the change keeps me interested. I also stop MFing for questing interesting characters or new MF characters through the game. There is no point trying to run AT for a solid month even if it is the most efficient place if it is gonna make you hate the game. At the end of the day its about having fun.

I agree with Cius except for one thing: I run with an assassin, so no life leech is bad. As for powerful archers, cloak of shadows negates. I can ignore archers except the bosses and champions, and I want to kill them anyway.

I have run many monsters in my time, but I find now that running for TC87 is optimal, you find everything else along the way.
The SoJ was killing me, so I ran NM Andarial for three days until I found it.

Like Cius, running Pindle almost killed the game for me. So I now mix it up, I run LK, pits, and the occasional Hell Meph (for the challenge, and the chance to find some of my missing grailers), but really what I am working towards is a Baal Runner.

Well, I don't think I'll try to complete a grail. It's too time consuming and quite boring in single player. I'm already happy I've found 70% of all items.

I just want to get:
-Arcanna Amulet and Raven Frost as said before
-IK belt, so I'll complete the set

VERY optional, get:
-Guardian Angel as I'd like to test 90% resists with my paladin :yes:
-Lightsabre to own at least one decent 1H sword (azurewrath..sigh)
-Herald Of Zakarum to.. wear it proudly!
-Stormshield to try the wonderful -35% damage
-Buriza-Do Kyanon as it's a famous bow
-Dracul's Grasp for the great Life Tap
-Homunculus as it would be my first-easier-best Necro class item
-Trang-Oul's Girth for same reason of Raven Frost
-a second high rune

..lol, end of dream wish list (and I didn't add many great items)

--edit--
Oh my god, I've just found a Gimmershred in a chest in the Claw Viper Temple!
Yeah to me when I decided to have a look there as I missed ActII

Last edited:

If indeed you wish to find all of these items, seriously, I would run Hell Pindleskin or Hell Mephisto - Pindle is easier, Meph is more lucrative.

You'll find all of these and much more. Well, maybe not the high rune.

I just want to get:
-Arcanna Amulet and Raven Frost as said before
-IK belt, so I'll complete the set

VERY optional, get:
-Guardian Angel as I'd like to test 90% resists with my paladin :yes:
-Lightsabre to own at least one decent 1H sword (azurewrath..sigh)
-Herald Of Zakarum to.. wear it proudly!
-Stormshield to try the wonderful -35% damage
-Buriza-Do Kyanon as it's a famous bow
-Dracul's Grasp for the great Life Tap
-Homunculus as it would be my first-easier-best Necro class item
-Trang-Oul's Girth for same reason of Raven Frost
-a second high rune

I have found most of those items off Hell Mephisto. Definitely start with him if you are lacking basic equipment like that. Then do Andy for the jewelry. Just check if NM or Hell andy has better chances for the jewelry. Hopefully its NM as you then get a decent chance for SoJ as well.

Better P3 for Meph? He doesn't spawn uniques very often :scratchchin:
I don't like very much going back to Nightmare, as I lose Hell map.

p.s: Homunculus received from Andy and Trang-Oul's Helm from Meph (i missed that too) :D

Oooh yesss, I've found it! The Raven Frost is finally mine! Meph "gently" gave it to me after a meteor storm in the face :smug:

In the meantime I've luckly found other interesting things like Mavina's Embrace, Hellrack, Arm of King Leoric and Guillaume's face.

Well I'd still have to find these, but with the new ring i'm pretty damn satisfied :alright:
-Arcanna Amulet
-IK belt
-Guardian Angel
-Lightsabre
-Herald Of Zakarum
-Stormshield
-Buriza-Do Kyanon
-Trang-Oul's Girth
-a second high rune

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low