questions about nl

pleminkov

Aug 25, 2008
questions about nl

So due to a lack of time lately I've given up hope in trying to compete in the ladder, I was doing pretty badly anyway, so I've decided to start playing some nl. I've moved from west over to europe as I imagine west nl would be fairly dead and europe would have the most users, plus I know a few people here play europe nl.
I've never played nl and have never really paid it much attention so I have a few misconceptions that maybe nl regulars could clear up
*Are dupes everywhere in non-ladder? Can you go into pub trading games and be reasonably confident that your items aren't going to vanish later on?
*Is hacking much worse or worse at all?
*Pretty much, are the crappy things with bnet a lot worse or is it much the much?
Also if any players could help me out with a rush or chant that would be awesome, or if you just want a game my account is pleminkov89, only just made the account so my highest level is lvl3 atm.

Thanks,
Plem

Re: questions about nl

you could also play non-bnet with me, if your real life scedule is too busy for playing on bnet, and you want a more laid back casual playing without all the hassles and stress of bnet and all of it's problems. I need people still...

(see my other thread for details)

Hi plemy =) remember me ?

I'm quite new to classic but for what i know :
- You wont find a lot of games in Europe-NL so i suppose it will be harder to lvl up.
- I play quite often in Europe-L and now i'm lvl 42 in NM-act2 so it will be quite an honor and a privilege to take time to rush ya (quests or xp)...

Trust me, change your mind and come back to ladder...

the_mad_joob
"What does not kill makes invincible..."

Don't really know what happened to NL after the ban wave, but my guess is that it has less players than in ladder. Besides, 'competing' in ladder might be rather easy now since lots of 'elite' players quitted playing cause they got banned adn lost most of their items (some had time to remove items to safe accounts before warden was flagging in europe, but nonetheless lost their high level chars)... Anyway, atmo ladder is full of people who are just starting and you will find many games in normal and nm. Its almost like a begining ofladder reset -> games are more fun than they were before bans (imo).

So i suggest u take Mad's offer and join the Eu ladder rather than nl... :nod:

i have an all legits lvl 86 light sorc from 1.11 on euro nl, i only really duel with her she is 120 fcr :)

99% of the time i play hc ladder

if u really want to play nl i can probably give u some gear, all legit
id say euro is the best realm

/w *fredisback-lod

Fred

Hah well i was in new jerseyc but now i am in europe literally :D

Fred

Thanks for the advice Lorg and Joob, and cheers for the offer Fred but I have decided to go with a europe ladder account, I guess the recent ban has changed my mind plus I lost interest in non-ladder after leveling to about 12. I guess if I ever want to go nl than I'll just wait for the reset and use my ladder chars.
As of yet I haven't started as I haven't had time and I've tried to get a single player account going (which is alot harder than I thought) however within the next week or two I should have a Europe ladder account on the go. And Joob I'd be more than happy to hit you up on that offer then.
Plem

Will enjoy slaughter in your company =)

*the_mad_joob
"What does not kill makes invincible..."

A lot of people are trying to move around items, and are losing them in crashing games, is what I'm hearing. Yes nl is replete with long term duped items. Few will probably disappear. They have been stable for many years now.

West has been seriously fading since all the cheating 18 months ago. It hasn't recovered. In the past couple of days this has all been exacerbated over on USWest with all the 'fail to join' probs with game making.

I'm wondering who you were, pleminkov, on west. In the past few days the top of the ladder seems rather inactive, and I know the 3rd or 4th highest barb says he had 6 accts banned.

I got shed loads of items on euro none ladder (sc and hc), as all my chars and mules that i thought were deleted i can log back into now but finding a time when i can be on line would be a problem, and ofc all my items are legit vertually all self found as i despise trading with most ppl i prefer just to give away stuff i dont need to ppl i know.

Hey plemy...

I added *pleminkov89 to my flist but i never see ya in Europe, wtf ?
3 possibilities :

1) You don't have much time to play d2.
2) You use another acc and haven't added me yet.
3) You changed your mind and decided to play in another realm.

Plz tell me...

*the_mad_joob

I was just wondering, why do you guys prefer Europe over USEast? And what are the advantages of nonladder as opposed to ladder? Thanks in advance!

Europe because we live in europe, but some americans play europe as it tends to be friendlier than USEast. Advantages of nonladder is if you played for long time you probably got stuff on the nonladder on mules and such.

So after the ladder ends, all ladder characters are automatically converted to nonladder characters with all their equipment, right? So are you saying the only reason is because you can get items from your nonladder chars if you start another char on nonladder? I think I get it. Thanks.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High