peskly wabbits stand still

TheDarkSide1

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
Dec 20, 2003
Waskley Wabbits stand still

So I finally got around to making me a Wind Druid and he's pretty fun for the most part . I managed to get him to level 80 fairly easy really . BUT - one thing thats still eluding me is how the H**L do you aim those Tornado's ?

I mean I usually just go Apesh** and spam the entire screen until everything DIES . Is there a way to aim these things or am I correct with my spamming methods ? Iv'e tried clicking the ground near their feet , Iv'e tried holding the cursor behind them , Iv'e tried holding it on them , yet nothing seems consistant and the tornado's go wherever they want to really ..

What makes it worse is I usually have to stand right next to my victims and since I'm using a Spirit shield Im finding my health is taking a hit or two due to the low block ..

Last edited:
Re: peskly wabbits stand still

I normally aim kind of behind the "pesky wabbit", load up on FCR gear and let em have it. It's not like playing a sniping accurate type of char, more like aiming in the general direction and hitting the "spam like a lunatic" button.

Against packs it is fine, hitting a solitary monster is annoying, so wander around herding more into groups so you can blitz them with extreme prejudice.

Ok so my mad Tornado Spamming methods are the correct way to use the skill .. Was just curious if it was only me ...

:thumbup:

edit - ermm and what the heck is a peskly wabbit ??

I should have put waskly wabbits ...

Lol

edit again - ok there that sounds better - Im half asleep at work about right now ...

I made a Windy on SP, but had to quit playing him for this very reason. I was so frustrated with my chance to hit the monsters having nothing to do with skill what so ever. It seemed like every time I attacked a monster it looked like this.

Code:
         ____
*________| . |____

Key:
* = Druid
_ = Tornadoes
. = Monster

And this would happen with entire rows of tornadoes all one after the other.

-hps

I made a Windy on SP, but had to quit playing him for this very reason. I was so frustrated with my chance to hit the monsters having nothing to do with skill what so ever. It seemed like every time I attacked a monster it looked like this.

Code:
         ____
*________| . |____

Key:
* = Druid
_ = Tornadoes
. = Monster

And this would happen with entire rows of tornadoes all one after the other.

-hps

Yea thats exactley what I see happen too . And excellent drawing if I might say so myself ..

The only way I've been able to play a Windy and hit with the damn nados is while using Enigma to port in there face and spam. Otherwise, its to random.

The only way I've been able to play a Windy and hit with the damn nados is while using Enigma to port in there face and spam. Otherwise, its to random.

Yea I guess thats why a lot of people suggest using Stormshield . Because you're pretty much going to get hit just to aim the damn things ..

Ahh well Im happy with my Spirit Monarch with (59% blocking Lol ) . Im up to a nice + 12 to skills so everything dies pretty fast anyways .. Level 81 atm too so he's pretty much Done !!

Teleport on top of them with your summons and merc to lock them in place. With Spirit you can get great fhr, though, but I prefer Stormshield. I really hated playing a Wind Druid without Enigma. Ditched mine at level 76 because he had trouble in solo act 1 hell, even with Wiz/Viper/Shako or Jalal's/etc. With the same or similar gear my Sorceress' could do anything in the game.

Lucky

bit of practice and i managed to get efficient with them. It;s the same as those bloody hammers, just gotta practice

Thing is, while they take time to learn how to aim like hammers, the difference is you can make a hammer field with a Hdin and just lead them into it, or they have a predictable path.

Tornado's really do suck to aim.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High