Sanctuary aura Help!!! Work w/ Hdin?

MrCat

Oct 16, 2008
Sanctuary aura Help!!! Work w/ Hdin?

Hi, Thx for see my post =P

I got a hammerdin and Im thinking to use a Lawbringer in a barb merc to got more dmg to my hammers.... the wepon´s sanctuary increase my hammer dmg (against undead) or only merc dmg or only malee ones?

(I know that he barb merc isnot good, but I only do dkey runs w/ hdin and the Lawbringer got rest in peace skill...)

ahh, and what is the best wepon to make Lawbringer? The barb merc can to use 2 wepons or 2 hands wepon?

Thx for help =P

Last edited:
Re: Sanctuary aura Help!!! Work w/ Hdin?

Sanctuary doesn't help BH damage in any kind of way.

other peoples sanctuary doesnt affect your own damage towards undead, even doing melee.

At least in expansion the %ED to undead does not work properly. It is given to the undead it affects instead of yourself.

Very thx all for help!!! The HegemonKhan´s second link is great. I changed my opinion and Ill go to make a barb merc. Ill make a new thread to talk about this (see there plz). Thx agin.

At least in expansion the %ED to undead does not work properly. It is given to the undead it affects instead of yourself.

ach!, good thing i'm not undead..... i dont want 720% damage being done to me!!!

so maybe sanctuary only works for-on when two summoner necros are dueling (and you're there as a hostiled paladin)...lol...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ya i just got a post from fredsta54, saying same thing....ruined my entire build....and time wasted lvling such character in game.

here's his post and my response post:

Fredsta54:

sorry to bust your bubble, but sanctuary is bugged.

the %ed to undead is bugged and it doesnt add any damage.

it removes undeads physical resistance, and allows you to leach off of skeleton types. i would only max sanctuary for its radius knocking them back. 1 point to sanctyuary is all you need on a zeal pala is all you will want. and cleansings magic damamge to knocing them back is useless

HK (me):

POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that ruins everything, oh well, good thing i still have some imagination and will imagine that it does work.... big bummer though!!! (i'll try to forget i read this post of your fred:p)

if u could, could u give any proof or evidence or reason why u think or know that sanctuary doesn't work ("is bugged")?

(i still have some hope you're wrong because i want you to be obviously, though even if you're right and my lvling to clvl 75 was a complete waste of time, i'd at least like some proof-confirmation behind it if possible)
err, ty, though regretfully, for the proof:

you're the second person saying so and you give the reason: "It is given to the undead it affects instead of yourself" (stephan).
and Mrcat,

HK, hege, or even khan is quicker (shorter) to type if u lazy like me. typing out hegemonkhan is a pain. it's too long for me at least. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just got an idea!!!!

using what stephan said, "the UEDam is bugged. it is given to the monsters, instead of you" :

sanctuary and conversion!!!!

you convert the undead monsters (like in hell cs). the sanctuary gives the non-converted monsters 720% ED to use against your converted undead monsters. they kill your coverted undead monsters for u. an alternative to the thorns-conversion build, if it works.

not the best build, but if it works, it could be fun and a completely new build.

i might try it...lol...(if it works)

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High