Curses:
1 lower resist
with all pre reqs its 7

Summoning:
20 claygolem
1 golem mastery
1 summon resist
no pre reqs 22

total skills = 91 minus the skills from quests it comes down to being finished at lvl 79 with all the remaining skill points dumped into golem mastery for additional life and a stronger tank plus the clay golem slows the opponent down.

Gear:

Weapon: Deaths web with a poison facet
Head: Shako with a poison facet
Amu: Maras
Armor: enigma
Shield/offhand: Trangs
Belt: trangs
Gloves: Trangs
Boots: wartraveller

the trangs give me -25% to enemy poison res plus a nice 13 to firewall for killing bosses wich would go like 1 poison nova, 2 firewalls, recast poison nova, 2 firewalls and so on until the boss is dead.

So is there anything I could improve on? I read a guide or 2 and most say 20 to bonearmor and why? it sucks for pvm imo because i have a tank that never dies and everything dies within a few sec unless bosses ofc.

I tried this setup in a single player editor just for the sake of trying and it worked rather well i could run all bosses with relative ease (wsk is a ***** due to low resses) I tried searching for info butr couldnt find any on how the use of editors are looked upon if its not legal I apologize but i dont use it to play I only use it to test skills and equipment.

Cheers

Re: Poisonmancer

Some ideas:
- Drop the points in Clay Golem; 1 pt is enough.
- Instead you have a few options: (1) Bone Wall (all remaining points) for crowd control, (2) Dim Vision (up to 20 points incl bonuses for wide range) for another type of crowd control , and/or (3) more points in Lower Resist (get it to lvl 25 incl bonuses). I prefer combining (2) and (3) but other players had success with (1)
- A point in Revive is quite common for Poisonmancers, but I am not a fan of revives.
- Your setup works, but perhaps you need some more FCR so you can teleport quicker. Not essential for PvM but still useful at times. Consider Arach instead of Trang Belt and perhaps an FCR amu/ring.

Interesting build, I'm playing a poison/summon hybrid with a bunch of skeletons and mages running around to keep enemies off me. I think your setup will work, but you need at least a point in Corpse Explosion. CE is half physical and half fire, so it will work great against poison immunes that are dying too slowly from PN (even with LR + DWeb). I would also put a point into Dim Vision to neutralize archers and other ranged attackers that might target you instead of your merc and golem. My full Trang's poison/summon hybrid just finished Act I Hell on /players 8 quite easily, I'm hoping he can maintain that setting all the way to the end of the game.

I recommend getting lower resist to 26 after +skills. There aren't many other things to spend it on anyway.

I also recommend revives

To dryalizer to max poison synergys and get to nova I have to put a point in ce ;)

To Ed from russia yea the clay golem was the biggest question but when i tried it I never had him die but I guess you just resummon him if he dies. Bonewall is not my style of play offense is the best defense :). I thought of dim vision but im to lazy to use it :p with this gear everything but poison immunes dies in one nova (/p 1 hell) but i guess I could incorporate it and learn to use it. So why get lower resist to 25, is it so i lower their resistance more or get a full screen coverage? Revives are not an option had a fishymancer wich i deleted, took to long and ill have a merc and a clay golem as tanks and i will equip my merc with a tombreaver and some other goodies to tak out bosses faster since those are my main source of "downtime". And I wont get an arachs ill loose some bonuses from the set plus I only tele when im getting to places such as andy/meph/chaos and Im not in a real hurry either since this works great as an area clearer aswell.

Oh and with this setup plus a gheeds (40 mf) and 3 7% mf sc you get 250% mf wich is what I usually aim for at lvl 90 (assuming the wts are 50% and u dont ptopaz the shako, if you ptopaz the shako instead you can ignore the mf scs or get a lower gheeds/wts)

well thanks for the input guys (and girls if there are any around ofc) if you have any more inputs please post them :)

Tob reaver isn't too goood for amerc. Obedience is better if you want damage.

Lower resist to level 26 (not 25) will lower the enemies' resists by 65%, which will increase your damage by a little bit.

I'm personally more inclined to dump excess points into Corpse Explosion so that it can clear the more spread-out, ranged attacking boss packs.

Anyway, your build is completed at level 80, not 79. No skill point at level 1. Yeah, I know it's nitpicky... nyah. :crazyeyes:

Personally, I have a strong preference for putting leftover points into Corpse Explosion instead of Lower Resist. Having major sources of Fire, Physical, and Poison damage is wonderful, and without Fire Mastery that Fire Wall spell doesn't really count as a major source of Fire damage.

At level 87 you can have maxed Raise Skeleton, Poison Nova (and Synergies), and one point in Revive, Skeleton Mastery, Summon Resist, Dim Vision, Lower Resist, and 1 point in all pre-reqs to all aforementioned skills, which actually gives you a *lot* of utility after +skills gear. If you put the remainder into Corpse Explosion, you wind up with a level 13 version at level 99 (or more likely level 30 after +skills... making it cover the whole screen).

I thought of dim vision but im to lazy to use it :p

Seriously? A high-level DV is the lazy man's curse. Its radius is larger than an entire screen -- cast it once at the edge of the screen, and nothing short of uniques and bosses should attack you as you move forward. You can then LR a small number of enemies you're attacking, or just leave them blind and defenseless.

Heh well ive never learned to use anything other then f1 to f8 as skill buttons, used them since i first started when the game was brand new and theres no space left :p. f1 nova, f2 LR, f3 tele, f4 CE, f5 golem, f6 Firewall, f7 amp damage f8 bone wall ^^. Plus i basically kill everything with one nova except bosses and ive taken lumpors advice and made an obedience cryptic axe for my merc and yes firewall isnt much damage without firemastery but its more then just doing poison nova once every 2 seconds.

I'm personally more inclined to dump excess points into Corpse Explosion so that it can clear the more spread-out, ranged attacking boss packs.
I did the same. With a CE bigger than the screen, I actually found that I used CE more than nova, well, once a body dropped. CE is just silly good.

had a fishymancer wich i deleted, took to long
Thats kinda weird, with the wealth that you apparently have, you could make a fishy that was way tougher and faster than any poison-nec. I had a fully pimped fishy last season, he was so fast that I retetired all of my other mf characters, even my hammerdin. That fishy was hella fast with the best gear.

You can replace the golem hotkey with dim. Golems don't die often.

I never used dim with my poisonmancer, but that's mainly because I didn't have the mana, and it was a low level. It really IS the lazy mans curse. If you see some frenzytaurs chargind at you, dim them. No need for strategy, you can stand almost next to them, and stand and laugh at them. It's handy. You can try it at least

You can replace the golem hotkey with dim. Golems don't die often.
...and level 20 Clay Golems die never.

15k HP, loads of Defense, loads of resistances (over 60% res all plus cold immune and 25% res physical), slows enemies by almost 70%, and 270+ HP/sec regen. Crazy durability right there.

Well Ive tried a fishymancer wich had enigmas sojs and that stuff and I really feel that the poisonmancer beats him in speed, one nove = atleast 1 corpse often more then ce them down.

Put one point in dim vision and no i wont use it, lower resist deletes it and i dont feel like bypassing monster that just die of one nova seems like a waste.

Anyways Ive gotten my gear together now hes wearing deats web (this was a pain to trade for took like 4 days of searching, enigma, 2 x sojs, wt, trang gloves belt and shield, maras, shako, anni and torch.

With this I get a nova of (cant remember exactly) of like 6,3 to 6,7 k damage and a - to enemy resist of 105 (only got a -40 dweb but it had 11/12 mana/life after kill). With this I kill cows in one nova, council members in one or 2 novas, in chaos run its only the pit lords who takes about 2 novas to down. Baalruns its those pitlords or whatever theyre called that spawn before lister and minions who are poison immune even after lower resist but i just position myself on the stairs and let my golem slow them and merc kill one and ce them down.

Well Ive tried a fishymancer wich had enigmas sojs and that stuff and I really feel that the poisonmancer beats him in speed, one nove = atleast 1 corpse often more then ce them down.

Put one point in dim vision and no i wont use it, lower resist deletes it and i dont feel like bypassing monster that just die of one nova seems like a waste.

Anyways Ive gotten my gear together now hes wearing deats web (this was a pain to trade for took like 4 days of searching, enigma, 2 x sojs, wt, trang gloves belt and shield, maras, shako, anni and torch.

With this I get a nova of (cant remember exactly) of like 6,3 to 6,7 k damage and a - to enemy resist of 105 (only got a -40 dweb but it had 11/12 mana/life after kill). With this I kill cows in one nova, council members in one or 2 novas, in chaos run its only the pit lords who takes about 2 novas to down. Baalruns its those pitlords or whatever theyre called that spawn before lister and minions who are poison immune even after lower resist but i just position myself on the stairs and let my golem slow them and merc kill one and ce them down.

y dont worry about cg - as said above it will have tons of health (not to mention bo from cta if you have) and will be easy to recast if by some off chance it does die.
have you tried psn facets aswell?

I did actually intend to facet dweb, shako and shield when starting him up but ive found that he kills so fast anyway without it feel like overdoing it and id rather use the runes for something else.

Upon further consideration in preparation of making my own Poisonmancer, I do believe that the best way to socket Poison/Summon hybrid gear is with Ists and Lems depending on how you want to make money with the character.

Hi, im currently makeing a poisonmancer (just lvl 15) but wondering, do i need to finish of that last point of hp? Poison dagger just seemed to kill.

Or is the last point only on other players, not monsters?

Hi, im currently makeing a poisonmancer (just lvl 15) but wondering, do i need to finish of that last point of hp? Poison dagger just seemed to kill.

Or is the last point only on other players, not monsters?

Only on other players. Poison will kill monsters. Against other players another Nova will do the trick.

Only on other players. Poison will kill monsters. Against other players another Nova will do the trick.

THX, i know it was off topic, but was worried about the last point, already had a built planned with the fire golum and holy freeze for there damagin aura's, hehe.

While im asking off topic questions, holy freeze sounds awsome for poison necro, or should i go standaard defiance?

While im asking off topic questions, holy freeze sounds awsome for poison necro, or should i go standaard defiance?

HF is a pretty good Merc. Most Poisonmancers don't use CE so shattering shouldn't be a problem. It would help with CC.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High