possible to make a rare bowazon viable for solo CS?

Nirlem

Sep 4, 2003
possible to make a rare bowazon viable for solo CS?

I have allways loved to play multishot bowazons. So now i want to know if it is possible to make 1 able to clear river+CS solo in hell. (Using rare items mostly)

10+ multishot
20 penetrate
16+ critical strike
pierce? (needed for MS?)
D/A/E some points
Valkyrie 8+

Equipp?
Gothic bow 150+ed/20ias is a must i guess
Helm fhr/resist
Armor fhr/resist
Boots frw/fhr/resist
rings dual leech/resist
Belt ias?/resist
Gloves ias?/resist

Can i get the needed ias anywhere?
Any set/unique that just must replace a rare because it is so good?

Then stats:
Str enough for gear of course
Vit?
Dex all the rest (for hit rating and damage)
Nrg none

How much vitality is really needed to survive good?

Will appreciate all answers, and yes i have been reading through all i could find on the closest 20 pages of info. :)

Re: possible to make a rare bowazon viable for solo CS?

yes a bowazon can solo rof/hell cs.

faster in 1 player games than partying tho :S

tryu a strafe/frozen arrow zon.

20 ias from twitch is all you need to get the fastest breakpoint for strafe using a gothic bow.

frozen arrow is ur main kill spell, with pierce it kills easily in hell. strafe is for mana leach which u will need, with a decent gothic bow you will want about 15% it also kills immunes in combination with valk (lvl 8+ gives her rare lance so she will hurt)

i have soloed hell cs easily with her in 1.10 (sc)

gear is for you to decide, if you want to use mainly rares

on hc euro i have lvl 60 strafe/Fa which i plan on soloing hell cs with eventually, atm she is soloing nm cs with ease, even if its in a group

Fred

Thx Fred!
Currently have a 146ed/20ias/143ar -req gothic bow.

Trying to gather rares so my amazon is unique! :) Dont really mind slower killing speed, as long as it is viable.

but im guessing multi is out of the way now days, so ill look into strafe/frozen thx for that advice.

Mayby just 1 point in the used frost arrow skill, and max synergies to keep mana usage down a bit?

Thx Fred!
Currently have a 146ed/20ias/143ar -req gothic bow.

Trying to gather rares so my amazon is unique! :) Dont really mind slower killing speed, as long as it is viable.

but im guessing multi is out of the way now days, so ill look into strafe/frozen thx for that advice.

Mayby just 1 point in the used frost arrow skill, and max synergies to keep mana usage down a bit?

you wil want to max frozen arrow and its synergies to give you 1k+ dmg, wih pierce you can deal 10k;s of cold dmg a second and detroy groups of tightly packed venom lords and doom knights

Fred

you wil want to max frozen arrow and its synergies to give you 1k+ dmg, wih pierce you can deal 10k;s of cold dmg a second and detroy groups of tightly packed venom lords and doom knights

Fred

that definatly sounds interesting! :p
But looks like its hard pressed for skillpoints.

that definatly sounds interesting! :p
But looks like its hard pressed for skillpoints.

not really
20 frozen arrow
20 cold arrow (can be maxed last)
12 is my choice for pierce gives you 75%
6 strafe for hitting 10 targets, can me maxed but all you get is a litle% ed per skill point
8 valk
however many u want into D/E/A
penetrate u can put the rest of your points into

i think...

Fred

the problem with a phys damage dealing bowzon (strafe, multishot, guided arrow, and maybe even magical arrow) is the multiple needs...

DAMAGE (damage+IAS) vs protection (life+resists)

DAMAGE:

damage:

1. dex
2. CB (rattle cage, goblin toe)
3. OW (bone flesh)
4. high damage weapon
5. biggins/tancred hat
6. +skills (silks, +2 bow/xbow, tarn, sojs, +2 amulet)

IAS:

1. twitch, death/sig/iratha gloves + 1 other set item, goldwrap belt
2. 20% IAS weapon

VS

protection:

life:

1. vit

resists:

1. goldskin, iratha, rares, hotspurs, death, duskdeep, darkglow, etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. if u go with rares and other resist gear, your DAMAGE (kill ability) will be slow or non-existant

2. if u go with too high a vit, u got too little dex and no damage.

3. if u go with DAMAGE gear (uniques), u got no resists, and die easy

4. if u go with high dex, u got not enough or no vit and no life and die easy.

zon's need the barbarian's natural resist skill the most....GRR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
my MS zon:

stats: 95 (possibly raise to 110 for ballista) str for gothic bow. rest into dex.

skills: 20 MS, 20 penetrate, 20 inner sight, (waiting on response about MS and critical strike skill), (waiting on response about MS and pierce skill), 1 pt into all the passive skills. if critical strike and pierce are useless with MS, than with remaining 40 sk pts, i'll either raise dodge skills and/or valkyrie.

gear: right now i'm in nm. so resists aren't *too* uber important yet, so... i'm using 60% IAS (twitch, sig gloves and boots, goldwrap), biggins hat, etch amulet, manald rings, rare gothic bow with ONLY 100 damage NO +2 zon skills NO 20% IAS (grrr, need a good godly gothic or ballista still).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How much vitality is really needed to survive good? -Nirlem

it is the consensus on here that 100-150 vit will give u enough life to deal with pvm.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you're using a MS zon:

the only way to increase damage is: weapon, dex, gear (CB, OW, IAS, +elem damage, etc..), and of course the always welcome chant from a sorceress (or other skills from other characters like tha paladin damage auras..fanaticism, etc..):D

since MS does NOT give any damage bonus.

Last edited:

ms can pierce. imo if ur going to use multishot, go for a rune bow to reach 8 fpa breakpoint. gothic is more suited for strafe

Fred

does pierce work on all arrows/bolts of MS or just the 2 center arrows/bolts ??

good idea, totally forgot about it, but those forums are about LOD. is there any differences with LOD compared to classic with what works with MS? (and i hate reading about all the LOD stuff....chance to cast on strike and using gear with skills of other characters like teleport on necro etc...)

the information on multi shot will apply to classic

Fred

ms can pierce. imo if ur going to use multishot, go for a rune bow to reach 8 fpa breakpoint. gothic is more suited for strafe

Fred

Rune gets 9 fpa...

Goth 10 rune 9 double/razor 8

Rune gets 9 fpa...

Goth 10 rune 9 double/razor 8

rune will do more damage at 9 fpa than double at 8, besides with 8 fpa you will need all ias gear, sacrificing resists and other essential mods such as knockback, i doubte you will find a high ed + max knock back 20 ias double, and even if u have one rune will beat it in terms of damage per seconds

Fred

Fred

Just pointing out that u accidentally said that go rune for 8 fpa... Its 9 :scratchchin:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High