Ironic Finds

This is weird. I came to statistics to ask if SOJ drop rates had changed and i find this thread at the top.

I just started playing Diablo again, and a week later I found my first soj ever. I played for a long time off and on, and I've found everything else, multiple times. I never found Windy, but I did find Stormspire, and at least 2 GF's that I can remember. Everything below TC 87 (i guess that's TC 84 now) I found at least 2000 times. I got a dozen bul kathos. But for some reason I never found an soj.

What's weird about this is that about 10 meph runs after i found my first soj, i found my second. Did the preference rates on unique rings change since 1.09 or 1.10, or was this just weird dumb luck?

This is weird. I came to statistics to ask if SOJ drop rates had changed and i find this thread at the top.

I just started playing Diablo again, and a week later I found my first soj ever. I played for a long time off and on, and I've found everything else, multiple times. I never found Windy, but I did find Stormspire, and at least 2 GF's that I can remember. Everything below TC 87 (i guess that's TC 84 now) I found at least 2000 times. I got a dozen bul kathos. But for some reason I never found an soj.

What's weird about this is that about 10 meph runs after i found my first soj, i found my second. Did the preference rates on unique rings change since 1.09 or 1.10, or was this just weird dumb luck?
Dumb luck.

Ironic find : I once found an ethereal sacred armor in the WSK. It had perfect defense : 900. Too bad for me, it also had 4 sockets, so I couldn't use the horadric cube to make it truly godly :hanky:...

I don't really think this fall under the category of 'ironic', but I always get a bit upset when the Countess/Summoner/Nihalathak drop multiple 'Key''s.

You mean the normal keys ? I don't like it when an act 5 monster drops a normal key. AFAIK there's not a single locked chest in act 5 :scratch:

You mean the normal keys ? I don't like it when an act 5 monster drops a normal key. AFAIK there's not a single locked chest in act 5 :scratch:

Yeah, I mean those; having to move your behind to all the way to the keyholder, only to be rewarded with keys that you could have bought from a vendor.

Well i recently found a rare corona with 2os....kind of annyoed with this.

I understand the irony in most finds in this thread, but not this first one. What´s ironic about that?

Anyways post the ironic finds youve had.

I like stuff with funny names:

- Jagged Jagged Star
- Freezing Amulet of Thawing
- Bone Jewel of Virility (kind of kinky if you think about it. Jewel of Joyfulness is in a similar league, and my fire/summoner druid (often travelling with a Grizzly) recently found a 'Polished Wand of the Bear' - ewww!

Another thing: all those class-specific- and throwing item types that don´t have a corresponding unique. "Rats, yet another of my 'unique rolls' getting wasted on Blade Talons..."

When searching through my old SP characters when I started a new SP Frenzy Barb not long ago, I found some very interesting items on an OLD Frenzy Barb of mine that I promptly ATMA'd across. Last time I played him was back when I had the version straight from the LoD box, 1.07.

There were things like:

1.07/.08 Nokozan Relic (no FHR, only 10% fire res, no +max fire res)
1.07/.08 Eye of Etlich
1.07/.08String of Ears (15% dr, 8% LL, no MDR IIRC)
Two +13 Max Dmg GCs (GC of Craftmanship, back when Craftmanship suffix meant up to/more than +13 max, instead of +2...)
Amber GC of Sustenance - 35% lightning res, 2X life - nowadays the max single res on a GC is 30%...
Crimson GC of Craftmanship - 25% fire res, +10 Max dmg...
another +7 max dmg GC

I wanted to make him untwinked, but with these beauties, it's hard not to use them...

Does anybody know if a tombreaver can be dropped from a returned. That would be pretty cool (kinda sorta ironic I guess).

Irony...in 2 consecutive games I found 2 sc's with +5 resist and the same art. Weird.....

Picked up a dropped archon enigma from a stupid pair of would be scammers today.

i clicked a rats nest and a ruby and a jewel popped out. The jewel turned out to be a 39%ed ruby jewel. Coincedence?

-Jae

When I did baal quest on hell difficulty with my amazon.
Being a socket finder she has almost no MF at all.

What does baal drop? A yellow Corona of course... :cry:

When I did baal quest on hell difficulty with my amazon.
Being a socket finder she has almost no MF at all.

What does baal drop? A yellow Corona of course... :cry:

CoA does come with sockets though:smiley:

In the Single Player Forum I have organized three Scavenger Hunts during the past two years, all emphasizing the finding of weird or ironic items.

As part of the Hunts. we have searched for and found:

- A Weird Bill
- A Jagged Jagged Star
- A Maiden's Mancatcher (think about that one)
- A Harpoonist's Harpoon
- A Lancer's Lance
- The Crown Jewels of Virility (A Crown socketed with two Jewels of Virility)
- A Long Staff of Fast-Repair
- A Barbarian's Tiara

as well as monsters with names such as:

- a Ghostly Ghost
- the Fanatical Itchies
- Puke Lust

etc. On my first Scavenger Hunt the Grand Prize for the winner was - A Sash of Ages!

Its been lots of fun!

Funny stuff guys.

Remember back in 1.09 when leveling went fast and I had a level 99 amazone, I did a lot of crafting. I was crafting blood gloves and one pair turned out rather nice, but the level requirements were 104.

A shame I don't have a picture of it...

Re: Ironic Finds

I went to the mauseleum with a friends mf hammer and opened the golden chest there. All that popped out was a pair of sigons boots, absolutely nothing else. Dont know if its ironoc, maybe just surprising.

AFAIK the sparkling chests decide first whether to produce magical, rare, set or unique items. In case of magical items, the number of items is greater and a lot of junk, gold etc. will be added as well, but if it's rare, set or unique stuff, the number of items is lower and no junk is added, typically being one or two items in 1 player games.

However, that's just my own empirical, unfounded experience. More details are found in the single player forum.

Some times ago I was with the brother of my girlfriend. He plays on Bnet only, but he wanted to show me something. He made an assassin on single player and used a hack to put her lv to 99 and also all her skills to lv99. He showed me that Fire Blast was doing negative damage and Dragon talon was kicking for 22 times if i recall right. He tested her on hell baal for fun and guess what... Baal dropped a Mara's Kaleidoscope XD

He was pissed-off that it was on single played and not Bnet lol

After that, we decided to play on B.net. He showed me is hammer pally. I asked if I could try it for a meph run for fun cause I couldn't play D2 at at time. He said sure. So I went on and meph dropped an Arach XD

<__<

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High