"hacked"

Krimsly

Sep 18, 2008
"hacked"

Ok so last night i was on made a hell game called gul um plus 4 enigma guy joins tells me to make a norm game. I do so when he joins his account name is mine and his char is a very similar name to mine ak-peacemaker his was ak-peaceaura. Never the matter his account name was the same as mine down to the capital letters in it. He tells me he is on my account if i leave the game he will hack my account and delete my chars. He tells me to drop the um and gul rune and he will leave my chars in tact. I laugh at him and ask what my isp is since he has "hacked" me. He replys with some bs comment about knowing my password. I was just wondering if someone wasnt as inclinded as i am towards pcs he could really do some damg with this program that allows him to have an account that is the same as yours. I am just wondering what this program is and if it is being looked into.

Re: "hacked"

Likely someone trying to pull a scam on you.

Also if someone really did hack your account, there is no way they could do this without you first doing something to allow them to have access to your account in some way, for example:

If you visited an item selling site or some other site that is known to offer any sort of Diablo related cheat or hack, like maphack, some sort of bot or an editor or trainer or some such. You would have likely been infected with a keylogger. Catch is if you have a keylogger than you would not have seen someone trying to act like they were on your accoun, what would have happened is that you would have logged into your account and found everything gone.

So the moral of this story and the warning to you is:

If you did not download anything funny, chances are someone is trying to scam you. Don't fall for it, and don't give your account name and password to anyone.

If you downloaded something funny or were keylogged or something, sorry for your loss.

Has your account any of the letters i, 1, l, 0, o and O in it, for example ?

I guess my question provides the answer to how that scam works :whistling:

If that guy had your password, he could simply rob you blind while you are absent instead of trying such a nonsense.

If that guy had your password, he could simply rob you blind while you are absent instead of trying such a nonsense.

Exactly, and wouldn't you have to be logged off for someone else to be in your account? After all, you can't log two characters on at the same time.

It's possible to have two characters from the same account in the same game at the same time, just not in the chat room or lobby part of the game. There's a guide on it in the Community Forum Rules and Links Thread.

Likely someone trying to pull a scam on you.

Also if someone really did hack your account, there is no way they could do this without you first doing something to allow them to have access to your account in some way, for example:

If you visited an item selling site or some other site that is known to offer any sort of Diablo related cheat or hack, like maphack, some sort of bot or an editor or trainer or some such. You would have likely been infected with a keylogger. Catch is if you have a keylogger than you would not have seen someone trying to act like they were on your accoun, what would have happened is that you would have logged into your account and found everything gone.

So the moral of this story and the warning to you is:

If you did not download anything funny, chances are someone is trying to scam you. Don't fall for it, and don't give your account name and password to anyone.

If you downloaded something funny or were keylogged or something, sorry for your loss.

hehe, there are more possibilities in the hacker world than an outsider can realise, and hacking someone without them participating (perhaps a daily routing like checking e-mail. You always send packets with password and your e-mail so that the server can identify you) is very possible. I'm not saying that you're not educated, nor that you are stupid. Absoluetly not! Just saying that it is very possible and what you said applies as well. Very good chance that you have downloaded keylogger or did, in fact, given away your password. however in this case it's obvious that the guy didn't hack your account. first of all, hackers want to stay anonymous because if it was proved that you have done something like this you can be tried for theft, vandalism or whatever you've done with your hacking skills. They are a community of very very patient people. They can wait a month to hack your account if they need to. secondly, if he had your password, he wouldn't tell you to drop the items, unless as i said in point one, he wants to be caught. What i would do is, trade the items with you, than hack your account and get my items back and everything you have. As Krischan said, he'd rob you blind instead of pulling such a stunt. I'd lol in his face.

Exactly, and wouldn't you have to be logged off for someone else to be in your account? After all, you can't log two characters on at the same time.

As said, you can be logged on multiple times on account, but you cannot use the same character twice at the same time or be in the lobby more than once per account. That's why an account thief would probably wait until you are offline (if he has the time for that), else the victim might notice that something is fishy and transfers items to another account.

Give a scammer a peace of mind by saying that you have screen shots the conversation screen and you are sending the information to Bliz for scam investigation.

I know guys i was just wondering what or how he was being logged onto my account my account name is Ak-destruction the " hacker" i use the term lightly due to the fact that i know that i wasnt hacked and he was a scammer but the account name matched exactly the o was not a 0 i looked at it very closly. As for the advise of taking a screen shot does blizzard honestly care about bnet and d2 lod anymore there are bots everywhere and they have done nothing about it why would they care about one guy scamming a few people out of runes?

Next time just tell him that he should take whatever he wants. He would do it anyway if he really could.

He definitely was NOT on your account. You can check that by switching to another account and adding the original account to your friends list. BTW, there are more similarly looking letters than o/O/0 or l/i/I. Another example: rn vs. m, as well as those with ASCII codes beyond 127.

Just type:

/whois charname

This will display something like:

charname(Accountname) is using Diablo II Lord of Destruction in a private game.

If he is logged onto your account at the same time as you are, then "Accountname" will have a "#2" at the end, like:

/whois ak-peaceaura

<BattleNet>: ak-peaceaura(youraccount#2) is using Diablo II Lord of Destruction in a private game.

If there's no #2 then he was the first to log onto the account he is currently on, aka not your account unless he was on it before you logged in and you have the #2 when you ask /whois on yourself.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High