Who here does good bnet deeds?

BobTheWarrior

May 17, 2007
Who here does good bnet deeds?

I play on bnet east. I play for fun, and part of that is MF'ing and key running to get better gear to have even more fun. But, when things are slow, or I want to play but can't motivate myself to do any more runs, I share my good fortune with others out in bnet land by helping them out. I did this quite a bit this long weekend, in the spirit of Thanksgiving. :smiley:

I frequently watch the new games lists and wait for "ancients plz" or "Act 2 now" games and join them just to help out. Sure, I get to pick up drops along the way, but I always share what I don't need, and let the masses grab at what drops.

If I get a paticularly nice person in a rush, who likes to chat and seems to know a thing or two, I'll even check a mule or two for things that I forgot I had that they might be able to use. Like those low 20's nagels, the dozens of angelic sets, or the 15% mf chancies that I don't need anymore.

So, who else among the active players does this same thing?

I sometimes get the feeling that everyone is only out for their own good, never even giving a second thought to helping out someone else if there's no profit for them in the end.

As a bonus, three times I was offered a forge drop (two hell and one nightmare) for my assistance. I didn't ask for it, they offered. Um, Pul (Nm), Ko :thumbsup:

I like to join normal games titled 'questing' or 'hello' or something that doesn't include the words 'free' 'brg plz' or 'parking'.
Then I like to join and just start dropping things on the ground and leave before anyone says a word. Makes me happy to think of their eyes popping out of their heads when they find a big pile of loot waiting for them at the stash.
I ALWAYS join ancients games. I remember myself waiting for ages for help for ancients when my rush was cut short. It sucks! So I always join up and help out people who need help in that regard.

I'm always up for helping out my fellow USWesters on Ladder. Feel free to give me a shout anytime
*spankytee

Ps. Nice to have you playing on Bnet Bob! Need more people like you online... :grin:

Occasionally I help people with their quests. Occasionally I drop random low level uniques and sets in normal or nm games. It's nice to see their reaction. I despise the people in trade games though. I would not do anything nice for them.

I'll do hell ancients for those who are waiting. It's easy and takes just a few minutes to smite them all to hell... erm.

I've met a few people online and when I find a "free I quit game", I'll usually take some of those drops and give them to friends, turn them into HRs for friends, or sell them for sets they need. (Bought a guy just restarting tal set, because he needed it).

I've had semi-friends uber with me and they get the torch if it's crap (none pala or sorc torch :p) which most have been lately.

I ran tombs for a while with my auradin. Quickest tomber in existence.

So, yeah, i help.

I used to play b.net on East, and whenever I would finally get a character fully equipped with the best uniques, or possibly runewords, that I could find, I would find a game where someone honestly needed help and drop all of it for them.
Of course, this was usually not godly l33tzorz, but things like Shakos, Stormshields, and Nagels. Sometimes the person lucked up, though, and got a couple Bstars or War Travelers.

It was well worth the dozens of hours spent playing through the game to imagine that person's reaction.
Never once did I get "n00b, thx 4 itamz" or "deez itamz suxxorz i has nigma"

I do but if I am rushing or doing anchients and someone calls me a noob or something and says "I have perf nimga, shako, maras, ptorch, ect." i just leave

I give away stuff I find that isn't quite crap, but I don't feel like trying to trade... haven't done much of that yet this ladder since I recently started.

I did however discover that a bunch of my old accounts were still accessible (my old 1.09 acct, all its mules plus all of last season's ladder mules). I consolidated the stuff I wanted to keep among the mules, then randomly passed the rest out. It was a LOT of stuff. I especially looked out for lone low lvl chars questing along then popped in to pass out free Jalal's, Occy, etc. That made a few people's day.

I do good things lots of times.

Last week sometime I was trying to trade away a Vipermagi I had for the inventory space. A guy came in and asked what I wanted, and I was trying to get a mid-rune or two. He seemed really cool. He said something like "I just started, my highest is ort." And I said "It's cool man, here, take it." And I checked the box, and he took it, and said "OMG. I love you!"

It's just cool when people are thankful and not complete @$$es. It's fun to give, especially when you get to a point where the only things better than what you have are godly items, which I probably will never get, haha.

I sometimes do good things, like help people through the game, or give free items. The latter though I hardly do anymore, because of all the 'i needz plz gieb item' and 'give amour im pooor!1!!!11!' people. It just gets old.

I used to do that alot, when I got bored i'd rush people through, do Ancients, or something of the like. Hell, i'd even brave the scary waters of doing Chaos runs for them sometimes. If felt good knowing you are helping people out and even better when they say thank you in a polite manner.

However, I haven't done it once this year, after switching to HC, I have maybe joined like 2 pub games. I don't want my kindness giving back to me in the form of TPPK, or a slip up deeds. That and I would pretty much be thought of one of those people who TPPK's and thats even worse being grouped in with them.

Heya,

Yup. I help when I can, and I give stuff out when I have plenty. And I'm not even wealthy or anything by D2 standards. I just have what I need. Which is easy frankly when you don't deal with dupes & HR's. So in that sense, I have access to everything I want all the time--which is fantastic and allows me to give out quite a bit.

I generally join the odd names and drop stuff for folk.

Quite a few times, I've sold them to a merchant like Akara and stood there and announced "Items for sale at Merchant, bring lots of gold and it's yours!" to make it a game. They come check and are like "WTF?" Then they ask if I'll wait while they get a character with more gold, haha.

But yea, I think it's great if folk help each other. Nice to know not everyone is a mumbling basement troll stuck in `ID' mode while plugged into internets. :wink3:

Cheers,

I don't know if I would really call myself active. I play a couple times a month maybe if I can stomach it. I used to play more, but I find myself without the desire more and more and this is for the same reason that I DON'T help random people on bnet. It's not because I'm apposed to doing things for others without profit. Quite the opposite, actually. What I am apposed to is helping people only to have them turn around a proverbially spit in my face. This I find insufferable and I don't play games to be enraged by socially retarded kids and manboys, I play to have fun. Which is sadly why I hardly play this game anymore.:cry:

Same as everyone else here - only if I feel that they deserve it. Some might find that a rather snobbish statement, but if you saw someone being robbed would you give the person that was robbing them money out of the goodness of your own heart? I sure wouldnt :D

I absolutely refuse to help people whose method of "playing" is to sit around and beg by spamming AOL leetspeek.

I absolutely refuse to help people whose method of "playing" is to sit around and beg by spamming AOL leetspeek.
I am so relieved to find people who know how to actually spell, I once gave a guy my first Arkaine's because he spelled "character" correctly.

I usually try to befriend newbs and give them low runes to make rhymes and such, and direct them to this site for help with their builds.

I really like this thread. It's nice to know that there are still cool people on CattleNet.

I used to go into normal games and help random people with quests and items. But I realized that I was too often helping the segment of the population who I hated the most--as I would be increasinly spammed with "can i get free gg?" and "omg teach me how to dupe" and "can you bug rush two more characters for me?" type messages after.

Nowadays I make sure the guy is decent before I help him. The way I do this is through nightmare rushes. When I'm bored I sometimes go make "Rush 4 Forge" games on nightmare so I can get some crafting runes and maybe even an odd pul or um. I like chatting with the rushee and watching his behavior during the rush. For example, if the rushee spams my screen with "TP TP TP TP" the moment I walk into Durance 3. Or if the level 13 rushee stands right next to Diablo in order to get drops before I can (and usually dies in the process). In these cases I just finish the rush and squelch the guy.

When the rushee seems cool, is polite, and is a halfway decent conversationalist, I'll usually go out of my way to help him. I've given out free dungos, spirits, etc. I've stayed after ancients to baal run the rushee 10 levels. A couple times I've even taken the rushee all the way to hell for free. Usually these rushees get added, and some of my best friends on my buddie list are these guys.

Btw. Spunky do you play on US West? I think you're the guy who just came in my normal questing game and dropped a whole bunch of sorc eqm in front of act 1 stash. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that pile--ormus and viscourant and the like. I was a low level sorc at that time and the level 80+ left before I could even thank them.

I believe in Karma, good deeds never go unnoticed. Help, give and advice, that makes the Bnet better place for everyone.

I once gave some random guy on bnet an enigma for free just because he needed one. He didn't even say thank you. I don't give items to random bnet people anymore.
Forum-folks is another thing though, they might still get their share, but that doesnt belong in this thread, right? :azn:

I help people with rushing, aceints, tombing, anything really, after i get bored of Mf'ing.

I will rush you anywhere if I like you and nowhere if I don't. If you turn out to be rude and bossy the rush is over.
I never rush people who promise to give me something because they take your time and always leave before the payoff.
I will give you things I think you might want if I don't need them and things I do want if you are a good friend.
I am much more likely to give help or items if you are well spoken and polite.
As someone said if you can say plz cause its shorter than please I can say no because it is shorter than yes.
I don't give anything, nothing, not an el rune not a wp to beggars.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High