Zon died....

Thank you everyone for the "pick me up" responses and the comments on my sorc. The more I play her the more I realize my goal of putting 0 hardpoints in to str and still being able to play her well, are slowly slipping. I think as it stands right now my gear is as follows :

1 P amethyst helm (one open socket still)
Leaf staff (decent skills I think)
Stealth hard leather armor
Night smoke belt
Sanders boots
+1 str gloves
2 x 10% FCR rings
10% FCR ammy, at 27 I am going to change to a +1 sorc skill +45 life ammy and if I go fire (which i'm still not sure of at the moment) at 30 I have a +2 fire skills ammy with + resistance and +life I think.

I don't have access to enough P amethyst at the moment to make the appropriate STR gear. And when I thought of my idea to go no hardpoints in STR. I really forgot about how it requierd me to get a rush from norm a1 to hell a5, and powerleveling until 75, which would then require me to equip godly gear such as enigma, shako, and so on. So I think now it is just a dream for the future, maybe when I get the said "godly" gear I can always remake and attempt, but at this point, it's really not going to happen lol.

I plan on playing tonight around 5:45 pm CST if anyone is interested in killing Diablo in normal, the ancients, and then doing norm baal runs. Also as far as getting a viper magi, wizzy, and mosers. I have a Jalas mane, ethereal homunc shield and that's about it as far as items of "value' but whenever I go in to the HC trade chan, no one is ever talking. So i'm probably going to have to use "crap" gear until i'm able to MF NM meph over and over and over and hope to get a decent drop. But everyone has to start somewhere :p

If you're building a MFer, use Orb/Tele/Tk (Cold). It'll put you off almost any other build because of how "cheap" and efficient it is. Read progression. NM Baal = relatively easy. Seriously.

I have ~15 wizardspikes lying around. Wanna put one on a mule so you don't die with it in stash? :\

That would be awesome. I don't think i'm ever going to keep an item on my character that it can't use, ever again.

The only thing that keeps me from dedicating my sorc to cold. Is I know that it's probably the safest but when I do the skill calc, fire out damages cold by ~10k. That's so insane. And I was told that cold mastery can no longer break cold immune monsters. When it comes down to it all i'm really doing is compairing 20k damage meteor to 4.5k damage bliz and 8k dmg fireball to 2.5k dmg ice blast. *shrug* Probably noob logic :p

Noob logic. Wonder why there are so few pure fire sorcs out there ?? Safety (slow) and piercing (-res) benefits of cold tend to make it more appealing.

Arbitrary numbers:

Pleasantly synergized fire damage vs Mephisto: 20000 x .25 = 5000

Orb damage is per shard; of which (depending on who you ask) 2 waves of 12-16 travel per orb. So be conservative, say you're landing 12 shards of 350 dmg per shard a hit and have -150 res cold mastery: 12x350= 4200 x mephres(-150 res + 75 res = -75% or multiplier of 1.75) 1.75 = 7350

..and you don't even need a synergy to do that damage.

SOLD....Cold it is :p

Facts > noob logic lol

I'm guessing that pure fire is a pure pvp spec? Those big numbers just looks so good. Maybe i'll go either meteorb or orbfirewall. Those both look pretty fun :)

Just go Orb/TK and go ballistic, save the hybrids for when you have the gear to make them work well as they usually call for no ES/TK thus you want high D and other stuff to make up for it. An MFer needs to be an indestructable MFin machine....teleport thru hell without BO and live....Max Orb/ES/TK/CM then add whatever and go nutz.

Many people make the mistake of making one Sorc and trying to do everything. Sorcs are a dime a dozen and dead simple to make thus very easy to have 2-3 of them to do different things. (1) dedicated MF is one key thing that helps many people laugh at character deaths as they know they can go get more gear right away! I usually always have (2) when I am playing in a dedicated matter, one for MF and one to tele Baals and have fun with in general. Now my MFer (blizz) can always go do other things if I want.

If you have gear to toss on a sorc making new ones is simple!!! Hell making almost anything is.....

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High