there is a D2 God!

TheOctane

Jun 7, 2007
there is a D2 God!

Yesterday...while questing through nm act 5, quest 2 in the fridgid highland a wonderous thing happend.

after strafing through a random pack of monsters...a ring droped.

After a double take to realize it was gold.

i had previously found a Raven frost in nm cows a day before so i thought my luck was gone for a while. But after about 4 years total of playing Diablo ii with a few years break in between a Stone Ring of Jordan finally graced my inventory.

A collecting cool feeling came over me, i freaked out in my chair and then reverted to a relaxed state. "i can die happy" i said to myself.

to all of you who havent found one yet, it will happen and it is awesome.

to all of you who have found multiple, well you suck cause this is my first one ever.

Woot zon luck! i only have about 100 mf with my Stealskull (ptopaz) and goldwrap as my only means of mf.

low mf bandit strikes again, i swear i have more luck with less mf.

congrats

I know exactly how you feel.

When my Titans Revenge Javs dropped I freaked out, too.

I must have run normal Baal about 800 times for those. When I hear of guys giving away their sets because the weren't ethereal (or because they 'drop all the time') or something like that it used to kinda erk me.

Good Job on the SoJ!!
:thumbsup:

Congrats! Funny isn't it? I've done many Pit runs with my bowazon who has a lot of mf and found little. I run with my paladin who has just like 100% mf, and last night a Ravenfrost, Dwarfstar, and Tearhaunch drop for me all in an hour in Act 1 hell as I'm killing the Countess. Not super-de-duper drops, but probably more than I found last ladder.

nice find =D

i still havn't find one yet =/

almost every gold ring i have seem are either mandel heal or nagel =,=''

hey maiku,
I'm curious what a mf bowazon wears, could you post your gear? I couldn't imagine replacing any of my gear (except travs for my gores) as i couldn't handle the slow killing speed.

Just for reference (and a little horn tooting, as its ladder and i'm proud of my gear), here's my gear:

Mav's head with 15 ias jewel
faith gmb
fort
LoH or 20 ias knockbacks
nos coil
raven/leecher
gores
cat's eye
gheeds

pretty much no mf, but things die... fast.

Thanks,
*reclinemusic W/SC/L

Congrats! Funny isn't it? I've done many Pit runs with my bowazon who has a lot of mf and found little. I run with my paladin who has just like 100% mf, and last night a Ravenfrost, Dwarfstar, and Tearhaunch drop for me all in an hour in Act 1 hell as I'm killing the Countess. Not super-de-duper drops, but probably more than I found last ladder.

Off the top of my head, she has...

Helm: Tarnhelm w/ Ptopaz for 65% mf (got this quite a while ago). I should change this to Stealskull. I was going to, but work really got me the last few days, and I haven't been able to carry out on some trades I was planning to.
Amulet: Cat's Eye
Armor: Treachery Dusk Shroud
Gloves: Cleglaw's, I know that sounds silly, but the slow + knockback are nice in hell difficulty. I ought to craft some nice gloves for her.
Rings: Rare ll w/ resists, Manald Heal
Belt: Goldwrap (this'll be changed back to Razortail if I get a Stealskull)
Weapon: Upgraded 166% WWS w/ 2 Shaels.
Inventory: Gheed's, something like 26 or 27%. Don't quote me on that, though. 4-6% mf scs. Rest are +life or +max damage scs.

She does about 4.4 - 4.6K damage when Amp and Deadly Strike kick in w/ Might merc.

I'm thinking of new zon for mf runs, probably a Mav-based Frostmaiden. I have full Mav's set which offers like 100% mf as a set bonus. Also, my Conviction Zealot kills quite a lot faster than my WWS girl does, so she's been in storage for a bit.

Very nice gear, Recline. For magic finding, I usually take my Paladin, because aside from Chaos Sanctuary, he can clear almost every area with ease, whether it's Pits, Hell Cows, or WSK & Baal. Have a harder time doing that with my bowie, even though I made her originally as a Pit runner. She sometimes does CS since it's insta-death for my Paladin.

Yeah, it takes a bit of luck to get anything good. For some reason or another, my characters tend to find really good things within a very short amount of time, then take forever to find anything again. I found my first legit SOJ on last ladder running Andy <3.

I'm trying to think... the only couple of things that I havn't found one of is like.. Metal Grid... and maybe the Grandfather? Oh, definitely not Tyraels or Shaefers...

Thanks for the info maiku. Think I have close to a full mav's set, so I may give that a shot sometime. Last night on my zon I found a shako, 5 mobs later a shaftstop popped. And that's NEVER happened on my meteorb ._.

Congrats. I once found two of those in one week, but that was a year ago in the previous ladder. I haven't found any since (or before that).
For some reason, I seem to find a lot of Tal Armors. I think I've found six or seven so far.

Thats so unfair! i have played since early 1.08 and havent ever found a SoJ.
In 1.09 i did like 100 MF runs every day with about 1000 MF.
I havent done any MF since 1.10 started ( i had allot of 1.08 items i could trade and get everything i needed)

But since 1.10 i have done like 100000 Baal runs, i have a lvl 97 Druid a lvl 96 Necro and lots of lvl 94-92 chars and i have NEVER found a SoJ.

PS. i allso used pindlebot on 2 comps for about 1 year during 1.09 and that diddent find a SoJ either.

(shame on me for using Pindlebot)

wasnt there a time you could have one of each non soj unique ring in your stash and then when you gambled the first unique ring you gambled would be guaranteed to be an soj? i know it's no longer that way, but you've been around long enough...

By keeping a manald and nagelring in your inventory every unique ring you gambled would be an soj. It's why they used to be so worthless.

Thanks for the info maiku. Think I have close to a full mav's set, so I may give that a shot sometime. Last night on my zon I found a shako, 5 mobs later a shaftstop popped. And that's NEVER happened on my meteorb ._.

Thanks. If I can get my Mav girl up soon, I might write about her. Currently she's level 3. Still a wee babe in the making. I think drops all come down to a roll of the dice. A friend last night tried to tell me about how the gem in the chat screen affects drop... Oy. It's all in the numbers and some itty-bitty piece of code flying between you and the server. Whatever drops in the 1-2 hours I'm playing at night is what I get for the day. If it's a Ravenfrost, Magefist, or total piece of crap, that's my haul for better or worse. :grin:

I recall gettng a soj just from a random treasure chest in act 1. Very cool

Full mavs gives 100 mf and also 100 res all. Its quite good running around with a zon with maxed resists. :smiley:

Your gonna need that Soj for your mana troubles with FA. :wink3:

<nudge> Insight </nudge> :wink3:

With a decent mana pool from +mana charms, rings, etc., Insight's Meditation does wonders for my Mageazon in nm (one who is running both FA and fire skills except Immolation). I think I have an Insight with level 16 meditation my Mav Frostmaiden could use in time and I hope she'll do all right.

gratz on the SoJ.
I found some sojs, but i have other items i never found.
Like the Trangouls belt, found it once (think i posted it here somewhere) out of a statue in a3 :)

anyone have a clue on the value of a legit SOJ on east sc ladder? i know this is not the place to do it but i have already tried finding prices...im playing untwinked and things are going well but this SOJ just may be my ticket to getting rich enough to make her not just hell viable but hell dominating.

my best offer so far is
Pcomb - tradable ?
gores (low ones) - from my iso
raven frost - from my iso
frostburns - from my iso
monarch shield 4os - from my iso
4os CV with insight runes - from my iso

<nudge> Insight </nudge> :wink3:

With a decent mana pool from +mana charms, rings, etc., Insight's Meditation does wonders for my Mageazon in nm (one who is running both FA and fire skills except Immolation). I think I have an Insight with level 16 meditation my Mav Frostmaiden could use in time and I hope she'll do all right.

My merc has an insight. Im using full mav's on my frosty (loads of fun) but my mana pool is just too small. Even with insight i can empty my mana bulb in pretty quick time. Town visits to restock blue pots are just far too common.

I dont have any mana charms as im using + skill charms and loads of cold damage charms, i'll change one of the rings to soj to see if that helps, dunno if i can find any mana regen/mana boots, as thats about the only changeable slot atm. (no war travs yet...)

I have spent stat points on mana (ouch:cry: ) but she only get's 1 mana per point or something and is sorta a waste.

edit: the octane: http://www.purediablo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Try a few GCs with like +50 mana. Those are what I use for my sorcs and Frostmaiden/Mageazon builds. You could also try to find or craft some nice rare boots with +20-30 mana. I've run across a few rare ones that have decent mana on them. An SoJ or mana leech ring with +50-80ish mana would be excellent. I'm going to try dual Ravens on this Mav bowie, but I'll play around with equipment as need be.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High