Frostydragons Whirlwind sin guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostydragon

Jul 10, 2007
Frostydragons Whirlwind sin guide

Most people think thats whirlwind sins are Martial arts but they arent they are Shadow Diciplines

Items:
Boots: Shadow dancers are good for whirlwind sins cuz they add +2 SD skills and 40% faster run/walk

Gloves: people use Trangs Oul's gloves for the 25% psn dmg enhance

Armor: Bramble or Fort or usally good, use Bramble for major dmg and fort for missle type people like bowas or sorcs

Amulet: Use some thing that adds deadly strike like highlords wrath or something that adds attack rating like angelics

Rings: Use something like raven forst and manald for pvm and x2 angelic rings to activate the Attack rating in ur angelic ammy

2nd weapon: use Call to arms for the bo and something like spirit that adds + to all skills

Helm: as most people know psn doesnt kill them it just lowers them to 1 Hp so if u have Dream helm it will do an auto kill once they reach 1 Hp because of the Holy Shock Aura

Belt: Most people use Verdungos for the addtional vita and the damage reduction

Extras: Its good to use Shadow Dicipline Grand charms Or Anni and Torch for addtional dmg with all this u should do around 10-12k psn damge

Weapons: the most inportent thing is a Chaos Claw in a suwayyah and a Fury Claw in a suwayyah it adds a good amount of Deadly strike and open wounds

More of an equipment selection than guide.

Give more gear options, skill distribution, stat distribution, merc section, strategies (pvp), maybe an intro and your own personal experiences with the build and then re-post, then you got a guide.

That does it! Im building this exact sin!
There are no questions left for me to ask

This guy needs a mod spot and a sticky.

Extras: Its good to use Shadow Dicipline Grand charms Or Anni and Torch for addtional dmg with all this u should do around 10-12k psn damge

Best. WWsin. Ever.

Ooh, with Suwayyahs you'll be trapping so fast! And moving so fast with Bramble! Oh wait, do we even use traps cause I don't see a skill setup.

And a Dream helm is SUCH a smart idea.

Oh. My. God.

Erm, maybe we should try and give some constructive critisism. I will say though, that I think it's kind of irresponsable to write up info like this under the heading "guide," some poor kid might see this and believe it actually contains useful information.

Suggestions for improvement: At least explain your choices (I honestly don't know how you arrived at a Dream helm, have you ever used Mind Blast?), include a skill and stat section since you need those to have a character, maybe spend some time to actually play and understand the build before you write a guide for it.

Oh. My. God.

Erm, maybe we should try and give some constructive critisism. I will say though, that I think it's kind of irresponsable to write up info like this under the heading "guide," some poor kid might see this and believe it actually contains useful information.

Suggestions for improvement: At least explain your choices (I honestly don't know how you arrived at a Dream helm, have you ever used Mind Blast?), include a skill and stat section since you need those to have a character, maybe spend some time to actually play and understand the build before you write a guide for it.
clearly you are just jealous. i know i wish i thought of it first. :scratch:

Most people think thats whirlwind sins are Martial arts but they arent they are Shadow Diciplines

Items:
Boots: Shadow dancers are good for whirlwind sins cuz they add +2 SD skills and 40% faster run/walk

Gloves: people use Trangs Oul's gloves for the 25% psn dmg enhance

Armor: Bramble or Fort or usally good, use Bramble for major dmg and fort for missle type people like bowas or sorcs

Amulet: Use some thing that adds deadly strike like highlords wrath or something that adds attack rating like angelics

Rings: Use something like raven forst and manald for pvm and x2 angelic rings to activate the Attack rating in ur angelic ammy

2nd weapon: use Call to arms for the bo and something like spirit that adds + to all skills

Helm: as most people know psn doesnt kill them it just lowers them to 1 Hp so if u have Dream helm it will do an auto kill once they reach 1 Hp because of the Holy Shock Aura

Belt: Most people use Verdungos for the addtional vita and the damage reduction

Weapons: the most inportent thing is a Chaos Claw in a suwayyah and a Fury Claw in a suwayyah it adds a good amount of Deadly strike and open wounds

Okay taking Ollie's (HappyAssassin) advice here.

The pure Bramble wwsin has become outdated. Bramble is only used as a prebuff or as a situational equipment shift, and almost never as a standard equipment set. Mobility is vital in the teleport-happy, fast moving dueling environment, and Dragon Flight/Bramble builds will not have the success of the new build. This build is centered on Enigma's teleport, and reaching the 65 cast rate breakpoint, which allows for a high enough cast rate to keep up with other builds. In addition, laying traps at a rate of 9 frames is also important, because laying at a sluggish speed (which is unavoidable is using Suwayyahs and Fade) will destroy an Assassin's ability to stunlock, which is something that the Assassin character is built around, and the reason that many people decide to play them.

The core build for the Ghost (Enigma using WWsin), is as follows:

Helm: 3/20/2 Circlet or 2/20/Mods (socketed with 15 res/15ias)
Amulet: Mara's or Rare Skill/Stat/Res/Life/Mana/etc. or Skills/FCR/etc.
Weapon1: 'Fury' Greater/Feral Claw
Weapon2: 'Chaos' Greater/Runic Talon
Weapon3: Fool's Mod Greater Talon with 40% Ias
Armor: 'Enigma' Mage Plate/Breast Plate/Light Plate/etc.
Gloves: Trang-Oul's
Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
Ring1: Ravenfrost
Ring2: Ravenfrost OR Fcr/Attack Rating/Stat/Resist
Boots: Shadow Dancers or Tri Res Rares or Realm Dupes
Inventory: 9x Shadow GC, 10x Life/Res SC, Torch, Anni

This can vary depending on personal choice, but this set covers the major breakpoints that a Ghost strives for. 65 Cast (Arachnid/Trang-Oul/Circlet/Ring or Amulet) is attained, as well as 9 frame trapping (Feral Claw and Runic Talon average to -25 weapon speed, requiring 52% Ias to hit 9 frames, which is covered with the runeword Fury and the 15 ias Jewel placed in Circlet). As you can see the main difference from your build is the replacing of equipment that doesn't give Cast Rate with equipment that does.

Now the only reason I post this is because I personally feel that no competitive Assassin should be using a Pure Bramble set. If after reading this you feel that the bramble build is superior then that is your choice, but if others are going to read this topic I feel it is best they see this alternative build that I feel is superior.

And on a side note, if you do 10k-12k poison damage without charm stacking or something... then @@ I am amazed.

EDIT:

Skill Set on Ghost:

20 Fade
20 Mind Blast
20 Claw Mastery
20 Venom
~6 into Weapon Block (hit 60% block with all gear on, which is at skill level 26)
1 in each Shadow Discipline
1 in Wake of Fire
1 in Lightning Sentry
1 in Blade Shield

That's around 100 skills, which finishes the build at level 88 with all skill quests. Some people invest in Kicks, I don't think it's worth it. Some don't go all into Fade, but I think you should. By using Enigma (2), Circlet (2), Amulet (2), Arachnids (1), Shadow GCs (9), Torch (3), Anni (1), and 20 hards points in Fade, you end up with slvl 40. When switching to Cta/Spirit, you get an additional +3 to all Skills, giving you slvl 43. Since 1 point in Fade = 1% DR, casting Fade on the Spirit switch and wearing Enigma gives a nice way of reaching 50% Damage Reduce, and makes it so you don't need Fade on your claws. Lightning Sentry can cause a stun on overly defensive characters that stay away from your screen, and Blade Shield transfers your strong Venom. Overall Ghosts are rather loose with their points, so getting these 1 point wonders isn't very hard.

Stats:

Strength: Enough to equip gear.
Dexterity: Enough to equip gear. Weapon Block is your blocking, no dexterity points needed.
Vitality: All of it. You'll be over 500 in the end, I believe.
Energy: Don't need it. Mana pots are great inventions.

There my own mini guide. o.o

Last edited:
Tien's WWsin guide.

1. Equipment
claw: chaos

2. Strategies
vs sorcs: whirl stuff
vs druids: whirl more stuff, and kill the dogs
vs babas: run, but whirl if you feel lucky.
vs other: NINJA STYLE PEW PEW.

Tien's WWsin guide.

1. Equipment
claw: chaos

2. Strategies
vs sorcs: whirl stuff
vs druids: whirl more stuff, and kill the dogs
vs babas: run, but whirl if you feel lucky.
vs other: NINJA STYLE PEW PEW.

Ahh, thanks!
Diddent actually know that you had to use chaos, thought i could just have it in stash.

Oh. My. God.

i was going to but i ran outta room lol:)

This isn't going anywhere good so thread closed

Frostydragon please have a look at the other guides we have in the assassin forum. What you have wrote is just gear choices far from a guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High