A hypothetical "what if" Aura Stacking Question

Griphus

May 29, 2007
A hypothetical "what if" Aura Stacking Question

Hey all,

So it's Thursday at work and I was brainstorming instead of working, and I came up with an idea.

Can anyone tell me how this would work? It's kind of a modification of the dreamadin for PvM.

Paladin has:

20 Conviction
20 Res Fire
20 Res Lightning
20 Salv

He is wearing:

Dream Helm
Dream Shield

Dragon Armor
Hand of Justice Weapon

Get a Holy Freeze Merc wearing:

Dream Helm
Dragon Armor
Hand of Justice Weapon

How would those auras stack?

Would all of them work together?

Thanks!!

The items aura's do stack for each person wearing them, but not for both party members together. Your duel dreams+dragon+hoj will be level 30 holy shock and holy fire. Your merc will have holy freeze+lvl15 holy shock+lvl 30 holy fire. However you will not have lvl 60 holy fire and level 45 holy shock from your merc wearing the same items as you.

Cool, thanks.

So I will have fire, light, and conv auras active, and my merc will have a seperate (lower level) set of fire, light & freeze auras active.

How does the damage from my auras interact with the damage from his? Do the auras all "pulse" at the same time? If so, does the damage from my two auras just add to the damage from his three? Or will mine cancel his out or something strange like that?

Thanks again. :)

Your merc's auras and your auras don't effect eachother at all. His pulse auras will do their damage, and your's will do their damage. The only thing that will affect your merc's damage is your convic aura.

What Jaquiezz said. Basically, you and your merc will pulse at the same time and the damage will not cancel each other out.

If you like the idea of pulse death, use an act 3 merc insted and slap duel dream/hoj/dragon on him. It will deal more pulse damage then the act2 with holyfreeze+lvl30holyfire+lvl15dream.

With that setup, using conviction, you will wreck a lot of monsters.

I had an idea to use the duel dream+hoj+dragon setup on myself and my act3merc while using a teleport charge amulet and fcr rings/magegloves/amulet/spider to pulse people to death in pvp but I never got around to it. :p

If you like the idea of pulse death, use an act 3 merc insted and slap duel dream/hoj/dragon on him. It will deal more pulse damage then the act2 with holyfreeze+lvl30holyfire+lvl15dream

Good call - thanks. I was thinking of freeze more for the slowing than the damage, though.

Anyway, with the ladder reset this is a long way off, but it's something to shoot for - thanks again for your help guys. :)

-Griph

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High