BvC Build

CdMagicFind

Sep 18, 2005
BvC Build

Hopefully my crappy knowledge of them won't be annoying if I don't try to say anything about them..?

Looking for a build, have no clue whatsoever.

Stats -
Str - Base?
Dex - Base?
Vita - All?

Would I hel or -15 Widow? Or is shael/15 ias necessary? Because I could use it with base if I do 2 raven/anni/torch/-15, I think.

Skills -
20 Axe (axe is beeter, right?)
20 WW
20 BO
x Leap (no clue)
x Shout (is that where all the extras go?)
x Natural Res (is that after?)
No clue what the 1-pters are either.

No idea whatsoever on gear. Help? :lipsrsealed:

Stats -
Str - Base?
Dex - Base?
Vita - All?

You can do this only if you plan to never use Fortitude, Duress or Widowmaker. If you do plan to use Widowmaker, using Fortitude or Duress is pretty much necessary, whereas using Fortitude or Duress can be done even if you do not use Widowmaker. For Widowmaker, 47 base dexterity with a perfect Torch and Annihilus is the best setup, for Fortitude/Duress, 63 base strength is the optimal for perfect Torch and Annihilus.

Would I hel or -15 Widow?

Hel is the optimal. The difference between the two is 8 statpoints, which is 32 life before bo and ~77 after bo.

Or is shael/15 ias necessary? Because I could use it with base if I do 2 raven/anni/torch/-15, I think.

Extra IAS is not necessary. Also, using Widowmaker with Ravenfrosts is quite foolish, since Widowmaker is best used versus Hammerdins and versus those, you want to have Angelics or Hsarus + Ravenfrosts.

Skills -
20 Axe (axe is beeter, right?)
20 WW
20 BO

Good.

x Leap (no clue)

14 or 20 base points.

x Shout (is that where all the extras go?)

You put points into Shout last, after all the rest. You should end up with around lvl 10 or 16 base Shout depending on your Leap.

x Natural Res (is that after?)

4-6 Natural Resistances.

You completedly forgot Increase Speed. 3-5 to Increased Speed is necessary to maintain fast triwhirls.

No clue what the 1-pters are either.

Battle Command, Berserk and that's it.

No idea whatsoever on gear. Help? :lipsrsealed:

Here you go

Olba said:
Pub Gear:

CoA 'BerBer'
Enigma
GriefZ 34/xxx
BeastZ xxx%/+>=36
Arachnid's Mesh
2x Ravenfrosts with 18-20 dex and 240-250 ar
Draculs with 15 str
Triple or double resistance boots with frw and str or dex. In case of double resistances, these resistances should be Fire and Lightning. With Triple Fire, Lightning and Cold.
Highlord's Wrath
2x Dooms

Stash gear:
Fortitude
Widowmaker 'Hel'
2x Angelic rings
1x Angelic amulet
2x fcr rings with >60 mana
Demonlimb
Kiras
Lightning Stack (4 ort armor, 19-20/1x's)
TGod's
Life Tap Wand
Treachery
Hotspurs
Trang Gloves
Arreat's 'ed/ias'

Things you want to achieve:
10k ar with the Pub Setup mentioned
>6000 life
20 fcr with pubsetup, 40% fcr available when needed
all res 75
40% frw from Inc speed
Enough lightning resistances to negate a foher when needed
48% fhr breakpoint hit

Charms:

Charms can either make or break the BvC. It means, if you have good charms, you can succeed, but without good charms you will not succeed. There are several different charm setups with their good and bad sides, and I will try to examine all of them by my best ability and knowledge.

The Classic setup:
33* max/ar/life small charms (SCs)
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This setup is the most common among all BvCs. It's also the oldest one. It's a decent setup as it reaches high amounts of damage (if the small charms all have +3 max damage, it will add total +108 average PvP damage), high AR and it will also hit teh 48% FHR breakpoint. However, the only places that it can get mana from would be the small charms, which is bad, as you will want to get resistances from your small charms. Also, this setup lacks any flexibility between battles, as it doesn't offer too much resistances. It's just a plain old damage setup. It works fine, but it's not the best or the worst setup.

The adapted versions of the Classic setup: The mana version and my own version:

The mana version:
3-5* life/mana small charms
28-30* max/ar/life small charms
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

Now, this setup is already a lot better than the Classic setup, as it offers you quite some mana depending from the amount of +mana on your charms. The additional mana will allow you to triwhirl people for longer and it will also help you last longer it duels due to needing less manapots over a certain period of time. This setup is not so common but some people actually use it. I would recommend this setup for the wealthy people as it's clearly better than the Classical setup. Let's compare:
+16 average PvP damage and 585 AR for this 203 mana. That's clearly worth it. 500 AR makes barely any difference in your chance to it and the added 16 average damage is useless in anything less than 10 hits. You will kill most of your opponents in less than 10 whirls anyways so it doesn't matter. The extra mana helps you use Trang Gloves with your pubsetup as you now can have 10k AR, 40% FCR, ~700 mana, all in 1 package. That's what I would call godly.

My own version of the Classic setup:
12* ar/life small charms
11* max/ar/life small charms
5* life/resistance small charms
5* life/mana small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This setup might look quite ugly at first look. It loses "lots" of damage and "lots" of AR for "little" resistances and mana. However, it's actually like the ugly duckling that ended up being a beatiful swan. The setup will give you high enough mana to play with your pubsetup versus any opponents (again, ~700 mana). But also, it will give you a bit of all resistances or lots to a single resistance. This is THE setup for dueling versus fohers or T/Vs or V/Ts, as it will allow you to have, for example, +110% to lightning resistance from the 10 SCs alone. Now if you got 4x fhr/11% lightning resistance scs, you will end up with a whopping +154% Lightning resistance. This will help your stacking by quite a lot. Also, in public games, this setup will make sure that you will not depend on the Anya quests for your resistances. Also, it will add approximately the same amount of AR as the Classical setup will. The only downside is the loss of a little bit of damage. To be honest, the amount of lost damage is ~72, which means nothing until you hit multiple times. This might be new to some people and old to some people. However, I've never seen people suggest this setup, so I will present it. I haven't had the time to experiment this setup on Open, but it should and most likely will work just as fine or even better than the other setups.

Now, let's get down to the setups for people who are on a budget. This is something I've never seen in any other guides. All the other guides simply list the Classic setup as your only choice, which is by far an incorrect assumption, and I'm a living proof of that.

The Poor version of the Classic setup:
33* Life small charms with ~20 AR on each
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This setup will give you just as much AR as the classic setup. However, you will not have +damage, unless of course you can have those. If you think about buying small charms, you should value them life>AR>damage. This way is the best possible as you will want to have as high AR as possible while retaining a good amount of AR for Grief to do it's massive damage. The +damage is not as necessary with Grief as it would be with Ethereal Breath of the Dying, as you already have a godly amount of damage. Remember that the +damage has to be +maximum and not +minimum. This charms setup is overall pretty fine, as it will give you lots of AR (you will be looking at ~10-11 000's of AR), high life (6200-6300), and you will also hit the necessary breakpoints.

The Grand Charm version of the Classic setup:
3* AR/life Gran Charms with ~130 AR and ~30 life each
24* life small charms with possible additional mods (mana>resistances)
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This is the setup that I use on my BvC. It works really great and he has exactly 9377 AR with his pubsetup. However, he has a few other charms with +AR (such as a 20/33 life/AR small charm, a 5/15 FHR/AR small charm, a 1/12/5 max/AR/FHR small charm). This setup let's the BvC have godly AR with a small sacrifice on their life. When buying the charms, remember to make sure that you have at least 6000 life on lvl 90. If you get 3* 132/40 Grand Charms (highly unlikely though), you can just do 3 more levels and have the same amount of life as a BvC with 33* 20life small charms would have on lvl 90. I plan to base my BvC on this assumption and try to get him 132/40 Grand Charms with a ~40/~50 life/mana Grand Charm to give me ~650 mana with Pubsetup.

If you have mana problems on either of the setups, replace three (3) small charms with a life/mana GC that's as close to 45/59 as possible. This will give you ~600 mana with your pubsetup. If you now decide to wear Trang-Oul's Gloves (which is for the best), you can use your pubsetup in TvTs and versus ANYTHING due to having enough FCR and mana to effectively chase Bonemancers and Sorceresses.

About Hellfire Torch, Annihilus and your Stats:

If you want the best effect on the BvC, you should go for +20 stats and +20% all resistances on both your Hellfire Torch and your Annihilus. However, if you cannot afford this, you should go with plain +20 stats on both. This is top priority. For example, if your BvC has +19 stats Hellfire Torch and +20 Annihilus, he will lose ~19 life. This might not look too bad, but when you multiply that by 10, it IS bad. So Stats>Resistances. Go for highest possible +stats and after that go after +resistances. For the flexibility setup, you should assign your stats as pointed in the start of this guide, where "- stats from Annihilus" and "- stats from Hellfire Torch" are the numbers of +stats you gain from them. For example, with +15 stats on your Torch and +20 stats on your Annihilus, you should have base stats of 68/62, assuming +20 Dexterity from 1 Ravenfrost. This setup has ~96 less life than a BvC with +20 stats from Hellfire Torch and +20 stats from Annihilus would have. This can turn into trouble, especially with the Poor charm setups.

I think that's all. o_O

Thanks.

Edit - Uh, for the strength, wouldn't it be better to go base strength and then use a non-AP fort?

Last edited:
Edit - Uh, for the strength, wouldn't it be better to go base strength and then use a non-AP fort?

The Strenght is not for Fortitude, but for CoA. You see, if you have 63 STR, with Torch, Annihilus and Dracul's, you reach 118, which is nice since it's enough for Grief and Beast with an additional 20 STR and it's enough for Arreat's. With 20 STR from any slot (ring, belt), you will have enough for your Beast, which in turn will let you use your CoA if you have 36 or more strength. And that is indeed the lowest value to do all that, unless you want to use a 30 str belt, but that would mean you are stuck with that belt versus V/Ts, which might be troublesome since then you will at best have 80% LR instead of 90% and the difference between the two is an effective 12.5% less damage. And no, the extra 4 you can get from Beast does not help it either, since it won't lower the requirement of 138 STR for Beast.

Being able to use an Archon Plate just comes as a side-effect, just as using Arreat's.

Ah, that makes more sense. And I'm guessing using a 40 str lower req Beast wouldn't be so great, either. With the body glitching and stuff. All right.

And what's all the things I've been hearing about Hsarus Belt/Boots? Is the AR they give effective in the pub set-up or as a switch?

i believe coa is more for melee & arreats is when u vs casters i think

That is true to some extent. However, for example, Windies deal physical damage.

so u r suggesting dracs instead of trangs for pub setup?

Overall, I find Trang-Oul's to be better in the pubsetup due to the added speed.

And what's all the things I've been hearing about Hsarus Belt/Boots? Is the AR they give effective in the pub set-up or as a switch?

Mcm, a person you could call the founder of the BvC of this age, uses Hsarus in his pubsetup, but personally, I wouldn't do that. Hsarus is useful versus encounters where the defense of the opponent does not surpass 20 000 but is still decently high (in the 10 000 region).

emm k a problem if i use trangs for pub set then i cant use 63/48 right? coz i wont have enough for coa?

emm k a problem if i use trangs for pub set then i cant use 63/48 right? coz i wont have enough for coa?

You would. The 63 is for times when you use Fortitude or Duress. Count a little bit and you will figure it out.

63 + 40 + 67 = 170. Yes, you won't be able to use dual Dooms, but you will be able to use CoA with Beast. The loss of dual Dooms is not that huge of a thing, but if it bothers you, level up some and you will catch up.

Ah, but what would I switch Arreat's for? At least, switch it for instead of Kira's? And what does it really give? CoA's max res is the same anyway..?

And why is Drac's in the pub set-up then? o_O I'm guessing it's a melee switch, too, right?

Ah, but what would I switch Arreat's for? At least, switch it for instead of Kira's? And what does it really give? CoA's max res is the same anyway..?

Arreat's is there for stuff like Sorcs, Necromancers, Hammerdins. All of those do non-physical damage and you do not need to stack resistances for them.

As for why, well, because of some of the things Arreat's gives: more AR, more skills (meaning more damage). But that's pretty much it. Also, Arreat's allows you to use Widowmaker (47 + 40 + 20 + 10 = 117)

And why is Drac's in the pub set-up then? o_O I'm guessing it's a melee switch, too, right?

Dracul's is the classic pub-setup glove. I just prefer the newer Trang-Ouls, but for example, morotsjos, the best BvC on Europe, uses Dracul's. The difference between the two is the slight difference in damage (ow and the str), and the speed (20 fcr vs. 40 fcr), but that's it, pretty much. So it comes off to little damage vs. speed, and I just prefer the speed because I think my damage is already sufficient.

Ah, so dex from boots aren't counted? Is there anything else like this that I should know before statting?

Why would that be foolish? The only time you would use Widow is against HDins, right? So it's not like you'd switch to Hotspurs..

Why would that be foolish? The only time you would use Widow is against HDins, right? So it's not like you'd switch to Hotspurs..

You want to have the OW from Goreriders at that time. Not to mention the DS.

It's not like Hotspurs are the only boots besides of triple resistance boots you're going to use.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High