Its been close to 7 years, Need a refresher.

covaloch

Mar 9, 2007
Its been close to 7 years, Need a refresher.

Heya i havent touched d2 in years. at that point in time Baldur's gate 2 took precedance as i was a lil disappointed with d2. Anyway i recently decided to start playing again with my buddies. just got the LOD xpack too.

However i've got a couple of questions:

I'm making a frenzy barb first and foremost. its lvl 29 atm. Is it even possible to win in any duels with my buddies? so far i've lost to my friend who's a neco 3 levels BELOW me and an assasin who's one level above me.

I dont know what i'm not doing right. i just cast Battle orders, and turn on frenzy and start hitting away, but i always get owned, without even bringing the Sin down to 50% or the necro down to 30. Is there any strategies? do i go fter the Clone, or the skeletons? or golem first? or do i just go in and whack and pray? hahah.

Also, who drop's breath of the dying? i'm a dual wielding sword barb (i guess the DW part was pretty obvious as i'm frenzy). Anyone thinks taht i should focus on WW? currently i'm stilll a level away, but i intended on just putting a single point in WW and battle command. focusing more on frenzy and Battle orders.

I think my focus is more PVP. any strategies regarding the following classes are welcome: Assassin (please god.), Necro, Sorceress.

Thank you mates =)

By the way: I dont know if i'm going blind or nuts, but how does an assasin do WW? or a sorceress using Battle orders? somethign i'm missing? ^^

Things have changed my good man Call to arms=Battle Orders and Chaos=Ww, also a Neat thing Called WolfHowl. Make a Wolfbarb major fun in Pvp

hmm mine is patched to 11b but it stil seems taht WW and battle orders are used. might it be a mod of some sort?

Putting Fal + Ohm + Um in a claw makes a runeword that gives whirlwind as well as some other things, and Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist + Ohm in any 5 socket weapon gives battle orders. Another important one to look at is enigma armor, which gives teleport to anyone. A quick glance at this list should help you out http://battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml (breath of the dyeing is on that page also).

Also the main reason why you are loosing the duels is because you only have half of what you need to duel properly... putting stat points only goes so far, you need to have fancy gear to win.

Putting Fal + Ohm + Um in a claw makes a runeword that gives whirlwind as well as some other things, and Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist + Ohm in any 5 socket weapon gives battle orders. Another important one to look at is enigma armor, which gives teleport to anyone. A quick glance at this list should help you out http://battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml (breath of the dyeing is on that page also).

Also the main reason why you are loosing the duels is because you only have half of what you need to duel properly... putting stat points only goes so far, you need to have fancy gear to win.

Ahh so you're saying that it does get better? :) Hopefully i'll get good drops then. Thanks alot. By the way, do you think a WW barb is better or Frenzy barb for PVP? anyone has any thoughts?

If your buddies were playing before you, try to get some gear off them, if not then join some freebie games and take what you can get... and as a poor person myself collect perfect gems, enough of those can get you anything, and some cheap stuff that is useful can go for as little as 1-3 of them

Ahh so you're saying that it does get better? :) Hopefully i'll get good drops then. Thanks alot. By the way, do you think a WW barb is better or Frenzy barb for PVP? anyone has any thoughts?

WW barbarian is always better than a Frenzy one in PvP. This is because WW is an attack that moves while it hits, thus allowing huge damage over time compared to Frenzy. Frenzy is not that useful in PvP.

Also, in PvP, levels play little to determine the winner (except in LLD, MLD and whatnot and before the higher levels), but from like 90 on, it doesn't matter at all except you have more OW damage and more life and CtH.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High