Creative ways to get to act 4?

Nerigazh

Aug 15, 2006
Creative ways to get to act 4?

Well, I have an interesting issue. Having finally decided to suck it up on my wind druid and continue (I stopped when I got to act 3 Hell because I hate the jungle), I now get an unhandled exception and accompanying game crash when I click on Meph's red portal. This isn't a tech support forum; I'm just wondering if there's any other way to get to act 4 without actually having to click on the red portal (I assume that's causing the problem, not sure what else it would be) if I've completed the act 3 quests? Perhaps something involving multiplayer that my friends could help with?

:cry:

Are you using the nosound shortcut command? That can cause crashes when the movies try to load. (There are ways to stop the movies from loading, like playing in a window.)

From your description, it sounds like it's happened more than once. If it has only happened one time, you may just want to try again. I'm not sure MP would help, since you still have to make it through the portal to be in Act 4. You could try loading the character on a different computer if all else fails and see if you can go through the portal.

If nothing works, I'm sure people here would be happy to help you (there are many computers that don't crash)

yeah thats true, first, try again, second, put -w in teh shortcut, and third, give the char to a mate/one of us :)

I was emailing character files for so long when my old computer crashed after every dang act. Do it for now but fix it because it sux to constantly rely on emailing. Especially if no one you trust is around.. GL man I feel your pain :soapbox:

Sweet, it appeared to be the no sound thing that must have been causing the movie to crash.

It works now! :jig:

Thanks everyone :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High