What item(s) do you think is over or underpriced?

Wildhamster

Jun 26, 2006
What item(s) do you think is over or underpriced?

In whatever realm you play in of course.. just a discussion :)
Do you think high-end uniques are greatly underpriced in the current economy?

Stuff like nord's and azurewrath are very good and can easily be used to complete hell, and cost pgems. The fancy runewords generally aren't 50 times stronger, although they generally cost that much more.

I can think of only 1 item that is underpriced on my realm and that is the crown skin soj.
I don't know how they did it, but somehow, someone go the whole realm to believe these are duped. Now of course that is not so strange, i think they are duped myself. But why on earth would anyone believe the other sojs are any less duped :shocked:

For the rest, it's a market economy and all prices are right on the spot. Of course we could argue all sojs to be overpriced as these are just the currency we use and we barely even use them on our characters :smiley: But thats like saying dollars are overriced because its just paper :tongue:

overpriced --> 40hrs for legit soj on west.. haha
ppl are willing to pay 8hrs for a spider...thats more than ptorch...crazy crazy

underpriced...hmmph...normal titans are i reckon...the different between eth and non eth are not much...yet the price dif is just phenomenal....normal titans can get u thru hell easily.

but yer...high end uniques are pretty underpriced due to over powered rws...if it wasnt for faith...wf will be worth 10hrs? wws is damn under priced...but there are still stuff like fathoms and gg uniques are the just far too over priced and duped

Hm.. what about items like Windforce and The Grandfather?

While it is true that they most of them aren't as effective as some of the really power RWs out there, they are still immensely difficult to find.

Yet, prices for these very rare items generally hover around low levels.

Do you think perhaps that the widespread availability of runes, duped or otherwise, has undermined the value of such uniques?

This is how much runes *should* be worth. I imagine if this was on B.net the items which are being offered would be worth 100s of times the amount of the rune. There's also a 32020 in there as well.

undervalued..... HIGH RUNES MY GOD - they are SO rare but every guy and his dog has a mule account full of them.

of course if it wasnt for the dupers most of us would be stuck with crap gear and couldnt handle hell. increase rune drops i say!

Overpriced: Verdungo. I'm a crafting addict, and I prefer my blood belts.

Underpriced: A vipermagi with just under 35 res.

The devaluation of HRs and SOJs due to duping is expected I guess.. supply and demand. But when you think about it.. the demand for HRs are quite high as well, so why are their values so low?

Perhaps there are still more being dumped into the market everyday?

Also, there seems to be a great gulf in terms of price between elite items like Messerschmidts and maybe CoAs and Griffons. While the prices for the latter are more or less justified, it doesnt seem to be the case for the former as they usually go for a pittance (pardon the exaggeration) even though they seem to be almost as rare.

Also, there seems to be a great gulf in terms of price between elite items like Messerschmidts and maybe CoAs and Griffons. While the prices for the latter are more or less justified, it doesnt seem to be the case for the former as they usually go for a pittance (pardon the exaggeration) even though they seem to be almost as rare.

Why use a Messerschmidts when there is easy access to any number of uber runes and runewords? Its obvious why CoAs and Griffons are more expensive, as there are no runewords which can do a better job than them.

I agree with the Vipermagi post. That thing does so much better than any other runeword for a Sorceress. Spider is really expensive on west, but so are Ptorches. I see low Ptorches go for more than 10 hrs. Holy moley... a 3-20-20 in there? 30 Nagels and 10-10 torches are also overpriced.

El runes are way underpriced. With loads of el rune with some gems, el runes can be cubed to Zod rune. Other than that, Fortitude, breath of the dying require el rune, which you can't make the runeword without it. How godly is that el rune!

Why use a Messerschmidts when there is easy access to any number of uber runes and runewords? Its obvious why CoAs and Griffons are more expensive, as there are no runewords which can do a better job than them.

I know where you're coming from bro, and I do recognise that the reaver is trumped by some of the RWs and this lower demand for the it thus translates into a lower valuation.

But my question is this: Do you feel that its value is too low? Taking into account its rarity?

I know where you're coming from bro, and I do recognise that the reaver is trumped by some of the RWs and this lower demand for the it thus translates into a lower valuation.

But my question is this: Do you feel that its value is too low? Taking into account its rarity?

On SP the Messerschmidts trades for quite a high value as it is rare and people like them for their grails (collection of every set/unique in the game) whereas on Battle.net people in general don't collect items which they won't use.

It's value isn't too low as there are many Messerschmidts found but not many people want to use them. Even though an item is rare there are so many people playing there will always be a good supply of them.

I think Shako is underpriced. It's one of the best helmets out there, but everybody can afford one. If it dropped less often, I'm sure it would be worth much more.

Overpriced stuff: Arachnids and Dracs. People always seem to charge me 5+ HRs for one of these, even for ones with terrible stats.

Dracs rose to 5HR??? I got mine off for a pul near beginning of ladder. Maybe I should trade mine spare (which has +15, I think) away and get myself an enigma or something.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High