Is this a good fire magic find sorc build?

Lazer LXXVII

Nov 3, 2006
Is this a good fire magic find sorc build?

Max firebolt
Max fireball
Max meteor
+5 Thunderstorm
+1 Tele

What am i missing?

why thunderstorm, i do not believe that it's a synergy for a fire sorc..plus IMO it's a terrible skill even for a lite sorc.

In my view straight fire sorcs don't make a good MFer. You can always run the bosses with a single elemental sorc but there's always lots of immunes. Lightning sorcs can use infinity to break 95% of the immunes, cold sorcs can stick to the masoleaum or ancient tunnels (where there are no cold immunes). Fire sorcs can.... someone help me out here. I can't think of any place in hell that doesn't have at least some fire immunes. Fire sorcs can be good for PvP, but I just don't see them for PvM.

It looks like thunderstorm was an attempt to add in a 2nd element attack. You will want a 2nd element attack, but the above posters are correct that thunderstorm isn't a good choice. If you are set on lightning as a 2nd attack, I think the cheapest option would be Nova. 20 points there and 20 in light mastery will get you a viable 2nd skill. Still, 40 points isn't real cheap I suppose.

The standard 2nd skill for fire sorcs is Frozen orb. You don't need more than 1 point in cold mastery to make it effective (assuming you have a good amount of +skills gear). That will give you a viable 2nd skill for about 25 total points.

Don't forget one pt into fire mastery (at least, if you're going full fire you should max mastery), shiver armor, and static field

If you want to go dual element, try building a meteorb or blizzball:laugh: that's what i'm trying right now

Teleport's also nice to have, if you're not using Enigma.

But yeah... I would go with a mixture of cold/fire, or cold/lightning if you're looking for dual elements.

Well can you just make a build for me? I have a good bit of +skills, but its mostly stuff i have for magic find, i have +2 from a spirit shield, +1 from skullders, +2 from shako, +3 from occy, and +3 fire skills from the ammy.

Thats why i mainly picked fire, that and i have a trap assassin, a javazon, and a wind druid. So i covered lightning and cold, i figured i could do a fire character now.

But whatever you feel is the best for a pure mf build, i dont care about pvp in the least, i just want something that will efficiently mf at mephisto and countess, maybe pindleskin too. Whatever you feel is the most effective, i just need a good pure mf build.

What exactly do you mean "library"? I just registered to this site this morning, so far its great honestly. Glad to find a crew of Diablo players that arent little prepubescent jerkoffs just going around scamming everyone.

Alright awesome, thanks, you guys are damn helpful.

But im kind of leaning to a straight fire sorc, just because ill mainly be doing mephisto. Here is my gear, in case it helps deciding what kind i should do.

Shako
+3 Fire Skill Ammy
Upped Skullders
Spirit Shield
Oculus
Chance Guards
War Travellers
Goldwrap
2x Nagel Rings

Shako
+3 Fire Skill Ammy
Upped Skullders
Spirit Shield
Oculus
Chance Guards
War Travellers
Goldwrap
2x Nagel Rings

Umm... how do your resists look right now? Looks kind of low to me =(

Other than that, you should be pretty well set. Static + Meteor + Fireball should take care of Meph.

Im only 15, i just saved all of my stats and skills until i figure out what type of sorceress im looking to be.

I think i will do a fire sorceress. But what about those shields/armors, like chilling armor and energy shield? Should i put any into those?

In my view straight fire sorcs don't make a good MFer. You can always run the bosses with a single elemental sorc but there's always lots of immunes. Lightning sorcs can use infinity to break 95% of the immunes, cold sorcs can stick to the masoleaum or ancient tunnels (where there are no cold immunes). Fire sorcs can.... someone help me out here. I can't think of any place in hell that doesn't have at least some fire immunes. Fire sorcs can be good for PvP, but I just don't see them for PvM.
AFAIK there's no Fire immunes in mausouleum either. I use to run it with my Meteorber and never use Orb at all. You can always run Mephisto the same way as you would do with a pure Blizzard build. He just takes a little longer to die.
As for shields. Ignore ES for PvM IMO and put no more than 1 point in Frozen Armor(or get it from an Orb on switch if you have nothing better to equip your switch setup)

I pretty much disagree with pure fire sorcs not being good... I use one to mf, and my gear is completely turned to boosting my mf... im using a magical ammy and boots that only have mf... takes me 2-3 min to do meph hell
what im trying to say is that wats great about the fire sorc is u hardly need gear to kill... if ur merc can hold the monsters, ur done... ive got only +5 to all skills and meph is easy...

and why have points on armor buffs if u can carry a second staff?! mine gives +5 to chilling armor... i used most my extra points on es, so i dont die (due to poor gear)... works great... getting some good items to start a lite sorc for pvm

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High