D2R 2.4 - First Impressions

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for my question, but here it is:

I've noticed that my left- and right-click hotkeys get reset to normal attack every time I start a new game. Is there something that I need to do to keep those settings between games? I don't think this was a problem before 2.4.

Personally, I don't face such an issue.
Does it happen to all your chars?
I only have two characters in 2.4 so far, and it only happens to one of them. For my spearzon, I keep Jab on left-click and Fend on right-click, but they're both on normal attack when I load up the game. For my light sorc, the hot keys persist. I keep lightning on left-click and the right-click depends it's usually chain lightning or teleport. Whichever I set it to before S&E is what it is when I the game loads.

I haven't tried this with other characters since they're still in patch 2.3 for now.

Edit: the only difference I can think of is that the zon originated in 1.14d (to level with 1.09 RC) while the sorc started in D2R (to play the character self-found).

The only time I see my attacks get reset to default is when I take off my weapon for some reason. (And the attacks in question require a specific weapon type such as the javelin skills.)

Is she using str/dex from other gear to equip her weapon? I wonder if it's possible that the game briefly "unequips" the weapon when it loads up in certain cases. It's something to experiment with, at least.

The only time I see my attacks get reset to default is when I take off my weapon for some reason. (And the attacks in question require a specific weapon type such as the javelin skills.)

Is she using str/dex from other gear to equip her weapon? I wonder if it's possible that the game briefly "unequips" the weapon when it loads up in certain cases. It's something to experiment with, at least.
Yeah, she relies on items to have enough dex to wield her spear, so that could be it. Maybe I'll see if putting some dex charms in the inventory affects that.

I finally got D2R a couple weeks ago, just after the 2.4 patch came out. So all of my impressions aren't specific to the patch, but I'll try to stay focused.

My main play time has been a "resurrected" build that I lost at clvl 60 in A2 nightmare: a physical damage wearbear druid. I liked the idea of rebuilding this guy, because druids got a lot of boosts with this patch. The increased attack speed for maul and the synergy damage for shock wave are definitely nice.

This guy was also using an A3 mercenary. The first one had a lightning mercenary, which I fully intended to duplicate. But when I got to A3 and looked at the iron wolves, I decided to go for a fire guy. The extra attack rating from their new enchant skill seems like it will be a great addition. And using fire bolt and fire ball, instead of inferno, has proven to be a lot more effective. In general, the mercenary seems to be a lot more powerful than before. I'll see how he holds up in later acts and difficulties, but ~200 fire damage (from fire ball) at this stage in the game is nothing to be ashamed of.

I've also played my lvl 90 hydra/orb sorc. I'm still not fully sold on how they reworked skill cooldowns. I think it was necessary for some things (casting valkyrie should not prevent you from shooting an immolation arrow), but with the sorceress I think it makes them a lot more powerful. Now I can switch between hydra and orb with no casting delay; some may think it's a great idea, but I think it was one of the more balance-changing differences with this patch.

I missed this recent update!
Skills
  • +1% synergy bonus from Find Potion is now properly communicated on the Find Item skill tooltip

And I was preparing a unique Barb build for Pits! 😍

View attachment 80774

Kinda want to try out a frenzy barb now. I'm levelling an LK sorc, but I need to try this. I have the runes for Oath and (almost) Death, but no bases.

I've been playing a summoner druid, pure summoner rather than my usual hunter variant. The plan was largely to build around ravens/bear as my big hitters with the wolves as body blockers and crowd control. Ravens seem pretty sweet now. I'm thinking I might be able to moat trick with them.

I've been playing a summoner druid, pure summoner rather than my usual hunter variant. The plan was largely to build around ravens/bear as my big hitters with the wolves as body blockers and crowd control. Ravens seem pretty sweet now. I'm thinking I might be able to moat trick with them.
Moat trick with ravens…

Now that’s one sentence I wasn’t expecting to read today!

Reactions: PhineasB and Kitteh
Also, I'm spending a lot of time stopping to zoom in and admire things/monsters. This game is suddenly scary again.
I’m playing LoD on desktop and D2R on PS4

Next tv is going to be a lot bigger so I can enjoy those monster more… and not look like a complete zombie when I walk headfirst into walls looking for the doorway. That’s humiliating

I respecced my hammerdin into a Fohdin. He's not stronger, but I'm getting along better with FoH than with BH. I also think that he's more versatile. While BH doesn't affect any magic immune monsters (like Baal wave 2), only unbreakable lightning immune animals are immune to FoH altogether.

The key is to attack with FoH in a manner that as many holy bolts pass through as many opponents as possible. Apart from holy bolt damaging demons as well now (including those from FoH), they also pierce. His only nemesis are lightning immune animals that cannot be broken with maxed conviction. Also, you can leave the merc a bit behind by charging to everywhere, so he's not being killed that easily.

He also brings me luck, I've found a perfect Ravenfrost half an hour ago! I started with /p3 Pits, but /p3 CS is fine as well and it's more fun. I'm not sure what's more profitable, however, level 2 of the Pits or Diablo.

Regarding CS, de Seis seems to appear closer to the seal than before now. A few moments ago, he appeared right next to the seal, catching me totally unprepared and being amped, so she died, but that might have happened because I left a boss behind who might have been at the spot where de Seis ought to appear.

As soon as I get my hands on a Jah rune, I will probably make a Faith bow, let's see how much better physical bowazons are then, with strafe synergies. I guess she would be as strong with Skullder's as she was before while with Fortitude, i.e. good enough for CS and Throne Room, but with more MF.

I also have to respec my blizzard sorc, as she can cast frozen orb in parallel now (spells with a cast delay don't impose a delay on spells anymore that have a delay as well), but I'm lacking resources for effective Baal runs and I'm reluctant to spend a respec reward, respectively go to normal or nightmare with her and thus give up my pretty good map for Mephisto, Andariel, Tunnels and Lower Kurast.

Further things to try: Nova sorc, hydra sorc, fire druid, blade fury and trap assassin etc., but that has to wait until I have more resources.

This game seriously needs a move only button.
Do you mean something you can actually put on your left/right mouse click? In that case, yes, it would be nice. (Although they did at least restore the option to assign throw without a throwing weapon equipped as a work around for non-throwing characters.)

If you are instead talking about a force move keybind D3 style, that was added in (I think) the 2.3 patch. (When they added quick casting.)

Reactions: Kitteh
Do you mean something you can actually put on your left/right mouse click? In that case, yes, it would be nice. (Although they did at least restore the option to assign throw without a throwing weapon equipped as a work around for non-throwing characters.)

If you are instead talking about a force move keybind D3 style, that was added in (I think) the 2.3 patch. (When they added quick casting.)
Ah yes I noticed that, but yes I mean an actual move only button :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High