• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Can I do it, and live?

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
Can I do it, and live?

Sooooo, finally got my Blizz sork up to 50 yesterday. Yes, I know, I'm a slow leveler. :p

Anywho, I decked her out with all the runewords I could. I was just curious if ya'll think I should run NM meph yet? This is her gear:

'Spirit' Crystal Sword
'Lore' Helm
'Stealth' Breastplate
'Ancients Pledge' Kite Shield
Nightsmoke belt
Sigons Gauntlets
Rare boots with resists
Rare rings with resists
Rare ammy with 10fcr and resists

Merk has Insight, some magical armor, and some magical helm.

450 life, max light resist and about 65 cold resist. About 30% blocking because of ancients pledge. :(

I reach the 63 fcr bp after switching to a stealth.

I have a pretty good computer, not much lag.

So, should I attempt it? Or should I run NM Andy until she drops a whitstans for blocking and get a few more levels for more life?

rettet181

May 28, 2004
Level 50 may be a bit early, but you could do it. If I were you, just NM Baal until 65 or so, then you should have an easy time with it. The equipment will work out fine, because the only hard part is getting there (use the moat trick on Meph).

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
Well, I'm only in Act 4, so no Baaling as of yet.

Secondly, I absolutely DESPISE the moat trick. Sure it's safe but it takes me forever to not lure the council and get meph right where I want him. I find it much easier to just run up to him, blizz, and run like hell.

A bit unorthodox and unsafe but meh, it works.

Aug 17, 2005
Valar-Wrath said:
450 life, max light resist and about 65 cold resist.

That is good res, but I think the life is a bit low. I think it would be safer to level a little bit more to try to get some extra life. However, I think that life is high enough that you could tele to meph and try to take him. If he takes your life down too fast you can leave and go level some. It's not like he'll 1 hit you.

Mn_Swe2

Jun 27, 2003
Sweden
www.diablo-guilds.com
I think you will have no problem what so ever with a few more lvl's under your belt, like lvl 65-70. For making it even easier you can try to get a Rhyme BS for more block. Max res I don't see as a neccessity to tele NM Meph.

For meph himself I tele right on top of him, give him a static or two then just pummel him with Blizzard - Ice blast - Ice blast - Blizzard - Ice blast - Ice blast... until he drops in like 10 secs.

Merc is doing fine too with some crap gear, never dies on me :)

/Magnus

Nilaripper

Aug 5, 2005
Vienna,Austria
Valar-Wrath said:
So, should I attempt it? Or should I run NM Andy until she drops a whitstans for blocking and get a few more levels for more life?

If u have 10pts(at least) in TK and 1 in ES i'd say go..and fill ur stash with life charms or life/mana.

Oct 11, 2004
Eh i have a question and i might as well just ask here. I find (in nightmare) that when i use pdiamond over ancs pledge my res is horrible and i end up having to use ancs pledge so i lose max block. How can i make up for the lost res on ancs pledge?

wangboBW

Nov 18, 2003
Ya I have a quick question, if you use your merc (insight/protection) to teleport, can you still do the moat trick? This is b/c everytime I try, Meph attacks my merc instead and kills him everytime.
Help me lol!

Greex

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Warrensburg,Missouri
Memph used to kill my merc every time as well but he doesn't anymore because as soon as he gets close to memph i tele and continually tele actually. I dont stop except to attack. That is when im not doing moat trick. When u do moat trick i tele back and run up to where i can see memph. Blizz,iceblast,blizz,iceblast,blizz u know the jist.

Tai.

Dec 12, 2004
Bilbao, Spain
Bah, if I didn't have to work 8 hours today I'd accompany you for safety with my 1700 life windy...

Curerently questing throuhg a3 nm so we could do first drop between us easy

*grumble, i hate you work*

Cheers
-Tai

STINGER

Jun 23, 2003
Dead Center, Hell
www.clanteb.com
Valar-Wrath said:
Sooooo, finally got my Blizz sork up to 50 yesterday. Yes, I know, I'm a slow leveler. :p

Anywho, I decked her out with all the runewords I could. I was just curious if ya'll think I should run NM meph yet? This is her gear:

'Spirit' Crystal Sword
'Lore' Helm
'Stealth' Breastplate
'Ancients Pledge' Kite Shield
Nightsmoke belt
Sigons Gauntlets
Rare boots with resists
Rare rings with resists
Rare ammy with 10fcr and resists

Merk has Insight, some magical armor, and some magical helm.

450 life, max light resist and about 65 cold resist. About 30% blocking because of ancients pledge. :(

I reach the 63 fcr bp after switching to a stealth.

I have a pretty good computer, not much lag.

Sis glooves are doing nothing for you, you havent found Bloodfists? At least gamble some glooves.

450 at 50 is pretty bad how much you ahve in Dex and Energy?

(3) Diamonds is 57 Priz and beats Pledge.

Frankly I dont MF anywhere until I feel prepared wholeheartedly so IMO if you are asking then you arent ready and looking at 450 alone I say no.

I suggest you work on late NM charms and roll them for lifers, stick to ANdy, maybe Countess or other easy to get to uniques. Maybe even Flayer runs for mass killing and charm drops, skills drop there alot and can be used to trade for other stuff.

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
STINGER said:
Sis glooves are doing nothing for you, you havent found Bloodfists? At least gamble some glooves.

450 at 50 is pretty bad how much you ahve in Dex and Energy?

(3) Diamonds is 57 Priz and beats Pledge.

Frankly I dont MF anywhere until I feel prepared wholeheartedly so IMO if you are asking then you arent ready and looking at 450 alone I say no.

I suggest you work on late NM charms and roll them for lifers, stick to ANdy, maybe Countess or other easy to get to uniques. Maybe even Flayer runs for mass killing and charm drops, skills drop there alot and can be used to trade for other stuff.

No, I havn't found bloodfists, just recently found Sigs so I put them on.

Energy is at base of course and dex is about 80-90ish(hoping for a whitstans drop) Strength is around 80(gonna leave it at that forever unless I find something worth pumping strength for).

This sork is totally untwinked, I don't have 3 diamonds. :(

I don't have enough pgems to roll skillers.

Maybe I'll just level up in Act 4 or something to get more life. :scratch:

Oct 11, 2004
I found its great xp to clear durance :D But this is without dolls there, and not to mention even without dolls it can be very dangerous. So i just do meph. I found mosers so i got max res. Although i did meph q somewhere (dont recall doing it...) so now the drops are sucky.

Greex

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
Warrensburg,Missouri
Still-Xey-Lover said:
I found its great xp to clear durance :D But this is without dolls there, and not to mention even without dolls it can be very dangerous. So i just do meph. I found mosers so i got max res. Although i did meph q somewhere (dont recall doing it...) so now the drops are sucky.

You might not of done memph quest. If you were in town and your party killed memph then you would get the quest. You would still have to enter the red portal but you would have gotten quest.

Tai.

Dec 12, 2004
Bilbao, Spain
Two things, wait for me to get on, happening right now, and level with me a bit and Greex, there is no damn "m" in the middle of either Mephisto or Meph, your spelling causes me physical pain.

Cheers
-Tai