• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best place to find socketed items

omgmir

Dec 19, 2003
Backwoods
Best place to find socketed items

Forgive me if this has already been asked a million times but the search function doesn't seem to be working.

I'm just leaving nightmare at level 75 and I have a couple runewords I want to make but the insane asking prices for the socketed items I need is driving me to find them myself.

What are the best areas to clear in NM and early hell for 4 socketed excep/elite armor and 4-6 socketed excep/elite weapons?

AnbuJake

Jun 19, 2005
Texas
Any place in Act 5 in NM should be good and Just about anywhere in hell where you seem to kill ecciefecntly should do you some justice. Try the Pits im Act 1 Hell. They are located in the Tamoe Highlands

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Aug 13, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
pits are better than cows since the monsters are weaker than cows, but cows come in larger numbers, so if you are capable of fast killing, cows would probably generate more.

Make sure you have low or no mf at all, if looking for socketed items!

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
I believe the place you are looking for is the pits: it's in A1 (i.e. early hell), and monsters there can drop every item.

Unfortunately I don't know a table with qlvls and stuff like that, so I can't tell you what other places can drop certain items. Pits are just a safe suggestion because they can drop everything :)

Painman

Jun 22, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
Mausoleum and Crypt in Blood Raven's area (Burial Grounds) are also drop-everything areas. You'll get to them earlier than The Pit, and they're somewhat less dangerous. They're very cramped, but everything in there is a slow moving skelly or zombie.

muzyk

Aug 13, 2005
Toronto Canada
do it anywhere you like after act 5 nm.....hell and nm cows are good...just try to take off as much mf as possible that way more whites and socketed items would drop rather then magical/unique/rare/sets also if you need the max amount of sockets you could always find the item and get it socketed by lazaruk