• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

act 2 question

jonbon

Jul 2, 2005
illinois
act 2 question

not really a newb...but i'll probably sound like one
i'm in act 2 in the new ladder now, and even tho i don't have staff or ammy...i can never pick them up
it just shows that my quests are completed
i can get into arcane wp...does this mean i can only kill duriel in a team now?
this has never happened to me before..does anyone know how to fix this?

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
are you in the game where people already finished the quests? Because if you are, you cannot finish it. You have to create a new game yourself or join another one where the host has not finished the quest.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
What does the last quest say? Explore Tal Rasha's Tomb or something like that? If so, someone has probably opened the tomb. When you get to the out side of the chamber, it is probably open already. If it says something like talk to Jerhyn instead, then congrads, since you don't even have to do the quest! :lol:

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Act 2 has a number of blocking points.

First of all, if Duriel has been killed while you were partied (or more exactly, if someone talked to Tyrael while you were partied), you can advance to Act 3.

In order to get into Arcane you have to do the Claw Viper Quest (and talk to NPCs). This is independent of your ability to pickup the amulet (if one drops at all) --- there is the "smash the altar" quest and the "get the amulet" quest.

In order to get to Canyon of the Magi you have to kill the Summoner. Again, this is independent of whether or not you have already completed Act 2.

You cannot pickup the Staff or Amulet if you don't need them anymore.

It is also possible that the Tomb has been opened without completing the Duriel quest; in that case you still can't pickup Amulet/Staff, but you still have to do the Claw Viper/Summoner quests to be able to get to Duriel to kill him. In this case, the tomb will be open when you get there (this is the same as using a Duriel mule).

Check your quest window to see which quests are completed and which are not.

As a side note, if you didn't get the cube you'll get one from the Council in A3. No need to do Halls of the Dead just for that.