During the opening ceremony, the Rogue class was announced with a trailer and there are some new shots to enjoy too.
The What’s Next panel kicked off the Diablo 4 coverage.
Diablo 4 Rogue Points of Importance
- Rogues can use swords and daggers for melee.
- Bows and crossbows for ranged.
- Designed initially to look like the original Diablo 1 rogue with red armour.
- Shadowrealm, Exploit Weakness, and Combo points are the Rogues specialisations.
- Players will do class-specific quests for rogue factions such as Sisters of the Sightless Eye.
- The Rogue will have a real variety of playstyles.
- Weapons are connected to regions. Scimitar in Kejistan is also a Broadsword if adventuring in the North.
- Imbue weapons – Frost, Shadow etc.
- Chills build up to a full freeze which can sped up with Frost Imbue.
Features – Open World
- Open world helps players understand Sanctuary better through exploration.
- Rogue leaps off mounts and fires down a rain of arrows.
- Mounts cant get damaged but when attacked on mount you will be knocked off.
- Camps are “strongholds of evil”. Players will have reclaim these camps from the forces of evil.
- Players unlock these camps which can evolve into friendly locations with a blacksmith, quest givers, and more.
- Vertical play with climbing and leaping
- Area in the open world you can walk into. These are optional places
- Collect Shard of Hatred. They are unpurified and have to purified at an event to turn them into a currency for gear and trophies. Other PvP players can kill you and take those shards from you.
- Shards can be collected without partaking in PvP.
- PvP areas will have their own mounts and special items but they won’t be more powerful than items in the normal world.
- When you become a Vessel of Hatred on PvP – You need to survive as other players are alerted.
- Ears are only trophies currently.