DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS @ BLIZZCON 2016 OVERVIEW:
It’s been 20 years since the original heroes of Sanctuary — the Warrior, Rogue, and Sorcerer — first descended into the labyrinth beneath Tristram’s Cathedral. At BlizzCon 2016, the legacy of Diablo lives on! In the coming year, we’ll be celebrating the series’ legacy by releasing a thrilling assortment of updates to the acclaimed action role-playing game.
Diablo III will pay homage to its roots with a special 20th Anniversary Dungeon that will transport players to the dark and gritty labyrinth from the original Diablo. Diablo III also welcomes its newest playable hero—the Necromancer!
DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS @ BLIZZCON 2016 FEATURES:
20th Anniversary Dungeon: The original Diablo labyrinth is back in Diablo III form.
- Nostalgia Can Be Deadly: Recreated the events, monsters, and levels from the original Diablo.
- Fresh(ened up) Meat: Original Diablo, The Butcher, Skeleton King, and Lazarus return as epic boss fights.
- Presented in Glorious RetroVision™: Special ‘90s-inspired audio and visual filters for that “classic” look.
- The Necromancer: Wield the power of the dead with Diablo III’s newest playable hero class.
Master of the Dark Arts: Her magic draws from the power of blood and bone.
- The Old Skills and the New: Command an Army of the Dead, control a mighty Blood Golem… and make all the corpses EXPLODE!
- Necromantic Sets and Legendaries: The Necromancer will be able to collect many rare treasures of unearthly power, including new Legendaries and Set items.
- Rise of the Necromancer Pack will include the character, an in-game pet, two character slots, two stash tabs, a portrait frame, pennant, banner and banner sigil. (Pricing TBD)
Explore Deadly New Zones: The foul stench of evil continues to spread across Sanctuary.
- Shrouded Moors: This harsh, inhospitable land has been abandoned for centuries. But something stirs within its perpetual fog—as though a dark presence has taken hold.
- Temple of the Firstborn: An ancient monument to the earliest nephalem. The temple is hidden beneath the surface of Sanctuary, where it has escaped the notice of most mortals.
Seasons Coming to Console: Console and PC Seasons will align in Season 10
- Console Seasons will include the Season Journey, Leaderboards, and all rewards and cosmetics.
For more details about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, visit http://www.diablo3.com/reaperofsouls.