zon not to impressive

DirtyDthelumberjack

Oct 15, 2006
zon not to impressive

so I made a faith straifer zon her max damage is like 3200 w/o mercs 2 auras and 4500 with lvl 17 conc and whatever the lvl might is and her killing power isnt very impressive at all it takes like 3-6 hits to kill things in chaos and like 2-4 hits to kill things in pits and this is in a solo game she can barly kill things with other people in the game I thought it was gunna have alot more power than this did I do something really wrong or something? I have maxed straif and lvl 13 crit strike and lvl 13 pierce and lvl 20+ the thing that gives ar, and high lvl magic arrow to kill phys immunes and maxed valk. any tips I could get to help improve her killing power? her gear is
14/1/3 faith gmb
ap fort
raled andys
highlords
dungos
travs
raven
rare duel leech ring
crafted 20ias kb 3ml 20lr gloves
11/20 ztorch
19/14 anni
2 bow gcs
1 passive gc
and a few other randoms charms 1 20 lifer and 1 4max 34 ar lc or something like that

thanks in advance

lol, u are hitting 2 fpa? 4k +dmg is very good... you dont see many other chars dealing that amount of physical damage, THAT FAST, TO THAT MANY NUMBER OF ENEMIES,

which is what it all comes down to... that zon will have a much higher dmg over time etc which is what really accounts...

other than that dmg scs...

it just seems like it takes a long time to clear chaos and I dont think I could even solo it with more than 3 people in the game I was quite dissapointed with the bowzon

multi ftw

At least that's what I use when doing runs. My zon is pvp tho. Almost same equip, except I get 95 ias from gear for the breakpoint. I cannot say about multi player games, because I do solo runs, but she fares quite well in chaos and pvp.

-Dodo

My faith merc WF zon can do Chaos with like 6 people in it (never tried 8, since I didn't went to a game with that many ppl), and she wasn't really decked out (ie. You should be doing even more damage than I do). Just use multi at open areas and you will find that enemies die fast. The damage is deceptively large since you are doing a lot of damage to a lot of enemies. If you want more damage, drop the skillers and get +10 max/AR (or better) GC's. Of course, 1 thing about my zon that truely shines is that when a hammerdin is in the game, I become the fastest killer. :tongue:

Killing other people of course, is a different story and I have no experience in it.

14/1/3 faith gmb
ap fort
raled andys
highlords
dungos
travs
raven
rare duel leech ring
crafted 20ias kb 3ml 20lr gloves
11/20 ztorch
19/14 anni
2 bow gcs
1 passive gc
and a few other randoms charms 1 20 lifer and 1 4max 34 ar lc or something like that

You will only need 35IAS, with GmB lvl 14fana, to reach last strafe breakpoint. You have 60 atm.
Some pointers:
-Ditch Highlords for Atma Amulet. With strafe Amplify damage will trigger fast and you will be looking at alot more damage and physical immunitys will be broken.
-You also could try to replace the gloves with LoH. This gives 350% damage to demons, but you will then ofc not have KB. But its worth a try, you may not be missing the KB that much.
-Charms. Loose the bow and passive charms. Get charms with 10max/ar/frw-life, or 14max/ar. These are the charms that boost your damage, not bowskillers. Even low max damage charms is better than skillers.
-Belt. Verdungo is not needed. Almost all PvM bowamas should use Razortail, especially with strafe. This will give you 100%pierce. An you get some other mods like 10max(goood) and 15dex(goood).
-Boots. Its a debate on whats best between Wartravelers and Gores. Try gores also. When over lvl90 its better with gores imo. You will not see the damage on the screen, but you might find that the killspeed is increased with them.

Try this for a few runs, if this doesnt increase you killing speed, I will kill myself.

And ditch that fugly helm, use a nice 30 frw +x ama, +x dex with any other mods. I always use a cats eye amulet on my bowama's but i imagine that atmas would be a great help.

I see alot of ways to improve your amazon here. But in my opinion dumping strafe is the most important, go with multi. Strafe just is not as good in a game with 6-8 players against large packs of monsters to me. Believe me, I tried every concievable way to make it work, but it just does not cut it in 6-8 player hell games against large packs of monsters. Strafe shines agaist a single or a few monsters, but the large packs just spread the strafe damage out too much to be very affective to me. I love to see the stream of arrows so i use it for bosses and small packs and go with multi for large pack killing. Just my 2 cents.

*Shinkoro

Multi is fun I suggest it as well.. however.. Question.. Ne way to negate the crazy mana drain from it?

Mana leech? My zon is leeching more than enough with her WF. Also, don't max multi.

I found multi > strafe in chaos the hard way. When I put faith on my merc and tried out my 1 point multi (which only shoots like 7 arrows, but at 7 frame), it still kills way faster than my maxed strafe

multi doesnt NOT carry ctc procs
this would negate the effects of atmas and other useful stuff :rolleyes:, this is a massive disadvantage... as well all know amp is much sexier than multi...:azn:

in my oppinion...

knew that, but still the 2 centre arrows is almost nothing compared to the frequency of strafe

but every build should include both...
mostly because theyre 1 point wonders for the other...

strafe is a very weak skill to use in wide open areas with scattered enemies, definitely if you want to see some real power you need to use multishot in places such as cs
i would recommend 16-18 multi for cs, and mana should not be a problem as long as you got about 6% ml

forget atmas and amplify dmg thing, with multi it's not good at all because only small groups will be amplified so your speed won't go up considerably with it (still need to kill nonamped monsters), get a highlords instead for a really great boost

Can someone tell me why + dmg sc's (or just charms in general) are so coveted? I mean, it's just like what? +3 dmg on a large charm is lvl 60+ requirement...why is it so much for that little damage?

it's about the way the final damage is calculated with these charms

a +3 max dmg sc adds about 60 to your overall max dmg
now if you got 10 of these that's already 600 max dmg more

quite impressive no ?

erm tell me exactly
out of these which would u recommend for wide open areas?
-strafe
-multi
-fa

ill take strafe everytime...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High