Zod Sept - Planning & Progress

I like the ballsy idea :D but thing is whether Fana lvl is 15 or 9 ultimately doesn't change the attack speed in this particular case. With lvl 15 Fana I need 20 IAS to reach last breakpoint, with lvl 9 Fana it's 35 IAS. That's super easy to reach of course, so I'd rather have the Might aura on top of that. Let's be realistic, his meleee prowess will leave much to be desired in any case, so I'll take every Merc support I can get my hands on. :)

Reactions: zemaj
For the record, Paladin done as well. Pat thread here.

Time to report on some Necro action! He's now lvl 81 and just got the Horadric Staff in A2.

Picture of the gang upon arrival in Hell AS:

Screenshot049.jpg

Very happy how this guy is turning out.

Life is 2.3k after BO, resists are fine, add 23% PDR from Enigma and SoE, and overall he can actually take a bit of a beating... not that much though :) given two S&Es in Amp+Might situations in the A1 underground areas that just seemed a bit too dicey.

Attack speed with Ribcracker feels good enough really, considering 14 meat shields. The 2-3.2k damage isn't super impressive, but it's definitely something. 50% CB from Ribby helps of course, and he can kill small groups of monsters on his own without any problems.

As for gameplay: Super fun, really enjoying playing a summoner who takes part in the action, not just casting CE and maybe tickling Baal a little with a Beast axe. :D

But I'm getting ahead of myself: Since the last update on him, we finished NM and gained a few levels from NM Baal so that he could equip the Ribby. Had to overcome some funky level requirement changes for that, as apparently the +7 rlvl modifier from upped uniques applies not only on top of the new item type, but rather also the highest level req used in the item. In this case that was the rune rlvl of 69, so we had to get to 76 before finally being able to use Ribby. But not nearly as annoying as e.g. the Arkaine's rlvl for the Sorc thank god... Getting to 76 was quickly done anyway. At that point he could requip all of his intended endgame gear except for Kira's.

Accordingly, at lvl 76 we respec'ed to the summon/melee build, got that extra level in A1 Hell to wear Kira's, and his gear has looked like this since:
  • Kira's (IAS/AR jewel)
  • Mara's
  • Enigma
  • eth Ribcracker (Zod)
  • LoH
  • SoE
  • Rare ring dual leech/11@/26 LR/life/AR
  • Raven
  • Natalya's boots
  • Switch: CtA/Lidless, which doubles nicely as MPK source when using CE.
  • Merc (Might): Infinity, Duriel's, Tal's
  • Inventory: Sharp GCs with life, some resist skillers.
Build is 20 Golem Mastery, 20 Skeleton Mastery, 20 Raise Skeleton, 12 CE, 6 AD, rest Bone Armor. I brought up CE and AD slowly, as I didn't want to regret the skill point distribution because of the Beast IG making a future respec painful. :D That CE/AD ratio felt nice for his purposes, so the rest will go to Bone Armor for some additional damage mitigation (however little, not a huge fan of that skill tbh ;)).

He used Graverobber GCs first but really no need, both IG and summons are doing fine enough without them so far. While Raven is not needed for CNBF, I'm still liking its other stats for now. I'll probably reshuffle a bit and in particular swap out the boots, latest after Anya quest in A5.

Oh yeah, and there was this Beast IG business after all... it was made out of this, mostly just to get a stylish semi-transparent IG. :)

Screenshot041.jpg

While the last couple of chars didn't find much of anything, he's got a few drops worth mentioning:

A nice surprise reward for rescuing Cain, that ring is not that bad:

Screenshot045.jpg

Screenshot033.jpg

Screenshot046.jpg

Screenshot039.jpg

So far we're still on P8, but him and the IG staying alive takes priority going forward. So, might go down a little bit later in Hell, should I feel the need.

Last edited:
Had to overcome some funky level requirement changes for that, as apparently the +7 rlvl modifier from upped uniques applies not only on top of the new item type, but rather also the highest level req used in the item. In this case that was the rune rlvl of 69, so we had to get to 76 before finally being able to use Ribby.
That’s really weird. My up’ed Ribby with Shael (which I use regularly for leveling/twinking) is clvl 56. Would eth modifier change that? Or the Zod? I figured that he’d have end game by A3 NM at latest. :unsure:

That’s really weird. My up’ed Ribby with Shael (which I use regularly for leveling/twinking) is clvl 56. Would eth modifier change that? Or the Zod? I figured that he’d have end game by A3 NM at latest. :unsure:
I had the same experience when I added an Ohm to my Ribcracker. Something hardcoded I guess.

So... Lesson here, upgrade before socketing with high clvl runes?

@PhineasB eth doesn't change lvl requirement, but the Zod did as it jumped from 56 to 76 (Zod's 69 plus upgrade modifier +7).
@saracen85 that's what I did :) don't think it can be avoided.
I mean it makes sense in a way. Just not that often that high level runes are spent on lower level, upgraded items, so it looks unusual in that regard.

My eth ribby is still in quarterstaff form. Good to know should the opportunity arises 😅

Build is 20 Golem Mastery, 20 Skeleton Mastery, 20 Raise Skeleton, 12 CE, 6 AD, rest Bone Armor. I brought up CE and AD slowly, as I didn't want to regret the skill point distribution because of the Beast IG making a future respec painful. :D That CE/AD ratio felt nice for his purposes, so the rest will go to Bone Armor for some additional damage mitigation (however little, not a huge fan of that skill tbh ;)).
Am I missing something, or are you not aware BA gets more from synergy with BW/BP than actually dumping points in the skill itself? Also gives you another CC skill, if you like.

@zemaj Nope you didn't miss anything, I just completely forgot about that... goes to show how much I've used and valued BA in the past. :D 3 skill points wasted, guess I'll have to respec and kill the IG. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: PhineasB and zemaj
Or just wear a Metalgrid while you respec, whichever ;)

(no idea if that would actually work, please don't try it based soley on me saying so)

Reactions: ffs
Necro is done. Not as powerful as Dream Sorc and Pally (duh), but quite fun as well!

So that concludes the sept... I'll miss it! :) Was great fun trying to make some interesting use of those runes and items. Updated the first post to reflect the final status.

Thanks everyone for following and helping along the way!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High