Your new MF run counter?

0skros

Sep 30, 2020
GUI showcase: https://gfycat.com/highlevelcelebratedaquaticleech

Project + Download link: https://github.com/oskros/MF_counter_releases

Over the past year I have been developing the MF run counter as an alternative to the Silospen run counter that everyone is using, since it was not satisfactory to me:

Features:
  • Automode: Automatically starts+stops your runs when entering and leaving games, and works for runs longer than 5 minutes and in case you die, opposed to Silospens version (must be activated in options first) The simple automode works with any version of Diablo. The advanced automode currently works for 1.13c, 1.13d, 1.14b, 1.14c and 1.14d. Also works with D2SE.
  • Run counting: With average run length and fastest run length
  • XP tracking: Track your XP rate, see how long until next level
  • Drop logging: Add your found drops and they will automatically be added to your grail (it can be configured to sync with d2-holy-grail.herokuapp.com as well)
  • Grail overview: See your grail progress and browse through a checkbox UI similar to d2-holy-grail. You can also view your grail progress as a table that can be sorted by qLVL, TC, base item and more.
  • Hotkeys: All main controlling functions of the app has a hotkey assigned (which can be changed of course) that works system wide (you can control it while D2 is maximised), allowing you to operate it easily while playing
  • Run profiles: You can create separate profiles for each of the run types you are doing (Mephisto, Ancient Tunnels, Pits, etc.) such that statistics for each area is separated.
  • Exporting results: All of your run data can be exported as a .txt or .csv file allowing you to share your stats with friends/discord/reddit
  • Safety: All of your run data is saved automatically every 30 seconds, and when you close the app. When you reopen the app it will look exactly as it was when you closed it.

Please don't be afraid to create a github issue or send me feedback if you have suggestions for improvements.

To be tried! Nice work it seems, based upon the showcase.

One question: how does it work? Does it count runs when muling out using GoMule for example?

Every time you leave a game the current run is ended. Every time you join a new game, a new run is started.

This info is determined by memory reading bytes off of the Diablo2 Game.exe process (together with current XP; current MF and playersX)

Reactions: Rush and Babyhell
Looks great, I'll have to give it a try later on.

I've wondered if it is feasible to add some sort of unique monster kill counter through reading D2 memory? That would probably make it the ultimate MF counter for the folks over at the Single Player sub forum.

Reactions: Rush and Kinkara
Looks great, I'll have to give it a try later on.

I've wondered if it is feasible to add some sort of unique monster kill counter through reading D2 memory? That would probably make it the ultimate MF counter for the folks over at the Single Player sub forum.
That's a great idea. I'll add investigation of this to the backlog

Great work!

Something similar (kill counter) has been tried for 1.13d by @Fruit but it's not in development anymore as far as I know.

It would be really cool if we knew how many monsters of a given type we killed each run, i.e. Ghosts in an Arcane Sanctuary run (and then only those that didn't die over the void), Cows in a Cow run or Uniques as Nano said. Right now we have to make due with imprecise estimates.

The only thing you should never implement though is a counter of all the unique items we missed during a run :D

Great work!

Something similar (kill counter) has been tried for 1.13d by @Fruit but it's not in development anymore as far as I know.

It would be really cool if we knew how many monsters of a given type we killed each run, i.e. Ghosts in an Arcane Sanctuary run (and then only those that didn't die over the void), Cows in a Cow run or Uniques as Nano said. Right now we have to make due with imprecise estimates.

The only thing you should never implement though is a counter of all the unique items we missed during a run :D
Do you have a link for this project? Might be able to draw some inspiration

Reactions: Kinkara
There's no official release, just something he tested on his own. However you can find fruit in the purediablo discord, I'm sure he would share some info:

Will the kill counter work for version 1.14d?
Tested and works for both 1.13c, 1.13d and 1.14d - I have added support for 1.14b and 1.14c, but havent tested them yet

This is supported in version 1.4.0 which in currently in beta testing. You can participate if you want in the testing, and otherwise I will release it in a couple of days
Find the beta version here https://discord.gg/JhkTF2g in channel "#testing"

It is only a run counter and exists seperately from the D2 installation it is OK. Anything that modifies the game code or alters the in game appearance needs to be cleared first.

Sorry but videos deleted due to not allowed mods.

I hope to talk to Oskros a little more about it, and perhaps run the code by some friends who know more about it (@Albatross is this something in your wheelhouse?). It super nice it's open source and looks like great work! Seems to me it works by reading the memory processes to get its data, which should not modify the game in any way. Again I kinda want to discuss abit more and understand what's going on better, but I'm extremely excited. I think this will a useable application for us and will change the game for mf efficiency tracking.

Btw, in one of his comments on bug fixes: "seems like hydras (and potentially also other summons) will increment the counter". <- Sounds to me like hydras will suck up our boss packs as well as lightning sentry/death sentry @Albatross @J-Dog.

@0skros if this should become FAM under SPF rules, this could indeed be a potential game-changer. Great work.

A plain kill counter alone would be very nice for things such as cow running, where due to lack of precise methods there are always question marks, as @art_vandelay mentioned. I would immediately add a cow running category to the hall of records thread.

A boss counter for MF is super nice in its own right as well. For the craziest MF mad men among us:
  • Million dollar question: Is it technically possible to differentiate between champion and boss kills?
  • Billion dollar question: Is it technically possilbe to moreover count Find Item casts with Barb specifically on champion and boss corpses?

@ffs right now im watching a streamer run it and it counts individual champs and individual uniques so your first bullet point is a yes. The second one would be nice but seems unnecessary to me. Just concerned with whether you horked the boss or a minion?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High