WTF?? Borders??

Sokar Rostau

May 19, 2004
WTF?? Borders??

I just started up D2 only to find it had a 1 cm black border all the way around it. I have never seen something like this before, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

I did not touch any of my settings when I last played and it was fine then.

My computer (G3 iMac) has not had its settings changed in years.

I was playing Frozen Throne immediately beforehand on a new Blizzard released map, but I have done this frequently over the years and this has never happened.

This is really annoying so can anyone shed some light? :ponder:

EDIT: What's with these stupid smilies anyway? I can never get them to work properly...

Most probably your monitor is responsible for that - I guess it lost its Diablo screen settings for some reason. Start Diablo and adjust picture position and size at the monitor (and correct distortions as well... look for "pin-cushion", "trapez" etc.). Many monitors allow you to adjust all that at once via an auto-adjust function. It should not affect your standard setup because monitors can store multiple settings.

Merick said:
The :ponder: smiley contains ":p" which is the tongue sticking out smiley.

Glad I could help with your problem.

No **** sherlock. How do I get it to work?

krischan said:
Most probably your monitor is responsible for that - I guess it lost its Diablo screen settings for some reason. Start Diablo and adjust picture position and size at the monitor (and correct distortions as well... look for "pin-cushion", "trapez" etc.). Many monitors allow you to adjust all that at once via an auto-adjust function. It should not affect your standard setup because monitors can store multiple settings.

That was what I tried. I did the re-scan monitors thing at D2 startup but it had no effect. Strangely enough it was telling me that my hardware didn't support any of the 3 resolutions it suggested...even after telling me each was perfect then it gave me 640 x 480 anyway which is what it was at before.

What do you mean by "pin-cushion" and "trapez"? Re-reading what you wrote, how do I resize (aside from changing resolution) and adjust picture position or do you mean the knobs and dials on PC monitors (this is an iMac = no knobs and dials).

Sokar Rostau said:
No **** sherlock. How do I get it to work?
If you write a posting, you have a list of smileys to the right. If you klick on one, it will be inserted at the cursor position - something like .lol. appears (with the dots replaced by colons).

Sokar Rostau said:
What do you mean by "pin-cushion" and "trapez"? Re-reading what you wrote, how do I resize (aside from changing resolution) and adjust picture position or do you mean the knobs and dials on PC monitors (this is an iMac = no knobs and dials).
Yes, I mean the knobs at the monitor. There should have some geometry settings. The pin-cushion settings allow to change a (XX( picture to |XX| while the trapez settings change a /XX/ one to |XX|.

I'm not a mac expert. I guess if your monitor doesn't have these knobs, it's because you can't exchange the gfx card, so it makes sense to hard-wire the monitor settings to the display modes the gfx hardware provides and no changes would have to be made -at least that's how it's supposed to be. I can't help you in that case.

I have the exact same problem with windows xp.

D2 is run in 1024x724 or something and I get a black border around the screen :(

I don't know how it came to be this way.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High