Who will be playing D4?

Will you be playing D4?

• Total voters
I recognise it’s a job for many of these guys, but IMO that's not an excuse to give bad advice. :) To the contrary I'd hold them to higher standards than casual players.

Leveling guides are fine for the most part, it's the endgame stuff after reaching world tier 4 where all the YouTube traps come in. Partly because people may not even realize that what they're advocating isn't really viable for later content. There are many "end game guides" by people who apparently just got something of a workable build at lvl 60-70 or so, clearing that content easily. And they might believe that's gonna work for the rest of the game... but it won't. :) Every build scales differently vs the content. The further you progress later on, some become more powerful, but others become significantly less powerful.

So the one tip that sort of worked for me when looking for proper end game setups is to make sure the gameplay in the guide is with a high level character (90+ or thereabout) so that you follow something that will not lead to frustration with late game content.

The trouble is 90+% of them just copy eachother's content. So bad advice proliferates.

As a small non Diablo point, I'm a small content creator now myself. I mostly do Walkthroughs for FPS games, old ones. Some of it as a content creator is about finding your niche and growing an audience. It can be a rewarding experience if you are passionate and patient.

Every creator has to decide what they want to do, as well as finding out where your passions lay. If any of you are passionate about this, you could start a channel and share your thoughts?

Even if its sometimes shorter things, avoid my mistakes or do this to succeed etc.

Reactions: snickersnack
I really just wish that once a video had outdated info, they'd do something to mitigate propagating bad info. (They should edit and replace the video, but I'm sure that's not cost effective.) Especially the big creators. There is also just so much superficial info out there. Everytime I try to find some more technical info about something like an enchantment mechanic, 99% of my search hits lead to guides that just explain the same basics the in game tutorial does. (Although a lot of that is less on content creators and more on search engines becoming wastelands of SEO bots.)

I'm definitely enjoying D4. The world building is phenomenal. There's a lot more RPG to the game than previous releases. I'm just barely stepping into the end game (level 57) but I'm already feeling the urge to break out the spreadsheets, so that's probably a good sign. We'll see how much their handling of seasons pisses me off, though.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High