Barbarian Whirlwinding Frenzy of Death Barbarian

Use this prefix for Barbarian posts.

Cinomed541

Mar 16, 2022
Never cared for Barbarians until this bad Larry. Gets max damage from Frenzy and WW, Best of both worlds. With some character builders and a little math, I realized the maximum you can hit with 'Frenzy' is 10 frames per 2 hits or (5 Hits per second).

With that in mind, I strayed away from maxing frenzy and only putting as many points as needed and all worked out. So minimum this build costs x2 vex x2 gul and a Lo, Not bad in my opinion compared to some builds. Starting out this is the minimal gear to be in full swing at lvl 80, x2 'Death' runewords in a Phase Blade ( HelElVexOrtGul), One non-eth fortitude ( ElSolDolLo), G.Face w/ 15% ias jewel, Dracs, Gore Riders, x2 Raven Frost, Nosferatus coil, and a Highlords ammy and x2 BO sticks (+3 Warcries ).

Inventory has a B Torch, an anni, 1 combat gc, one masteries gc, one 12% fhr gc, one sc with 11% fire, ice and psn res ( one of each ) and two 5% fhr scs. Merc is pretty open and optional, I went w/ Act 2 normal merc with blessed aim. I gave him a Reapers toll w/ 15%ias jewel, eth treachery and a G.Face w/ 15%ias jewel.

Skills - Warcries, 1 point taunt, 1 point howl, 1 point shout, MAX Battle Orders, 1 points Battle Command. Combat Masteries - MAX sword mastery, 1 point increase stamina, 1 point increase speed, 1 points iron skin, 7 points natural resistance ( Or as needed for max res, with gear posted above you'll have 73% everything but lightning. Lightning will be 80%.)

Combat Skills - 1 point Bash, 1 point Double Swing, 1 point Double Throw, 7 points Frenzy, 1 point Stun, 1 point Concentrate, 1 point Berserk, 1 point Leap, 1 point Leap Attack, MAX Whirlwind. And with that you now hit the maximum of 5 hits per second with Frenzy, Fully maxed out WW, Max Res, 5 Frame fhr breakpoint, 100% chance of crushing blow, 100% chance of critical strike etc.

You can literally walk through the game on Hell difficulty ( or run like a crackhead barbarian w/ Frenzy ) with little to no struggle on players 1-8. I still use this on my barb at lvl 90 except I traded the Nosferatus' Coil for Verdungos and Maxxed out Frenzy so I could hit the 5 hits per second mark without the 10% IAS from Nosferatus and I use an Eth Pride on my A2 merc with Blessed Aim.

Or if you have an extra Faith lying around or buy the cheapest one you can find a lvl 12 Fanaticism will reduce the amount of points into 'Frenzy' down to 1 to hit that sweet 5 hits per second mark so you can put more points into whatever you wish. I figured id try something out besides boring old x2 Griefs and found I enjoy this much more, maybe you will too.

Why make Death in a Phase Blade? It’s biggest advantage is the indestructible mod, for that you want an Ethereal base. Eth Berserker Axes or something.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High