Which final words do you like the most?

krischan

Aug 17, 2003
My favourite are the final words of Isaac Newton, the greatest man in science and pretty much at the top of the most influential men of all time: “I don’t know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then in finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”

Honorable mentions:

"It's finished." Guess who said it, but that should be an easy one.

Beethoven died during a thunder storm, now that's badass! His final words were something like "What a pity, too late." It seems he was still composing in his mind up to his last breath.

The final words of Albert Einstein remain unknown. When he said them, only his nurse was present and she didn't understand German.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."

Last edited:
Reactions: krischan and Dredd
"It's finished." Guess who said it, but that should be an easy one.

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke. It's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And... Always look on the bright side of life. [whistling]
Always look on the right side of life. [whistling]

I'll be damned....this is funny. - Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

Reactions: superdave
I like Neil Armstrong's (the first man to walk on the moon) last words: "We weren't the first . . ."

I like Neil Armstrong's (the first man to walk on the moon) last words: "We weren't the first . . ."
Going to need to see your citation for this one.

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke. It's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And... Always look on the bright side of life. [whistling]
Always look on the right side of life. [whistling]
OK, That counts as the correct answer.

Strange, that I came into the world with nothing, and now I am going away with this stupendous caravan of sin! Wherever I look, I see only God… I have sinned terribly, and I do not know what punishment awaits me.
Aurangzeb, the last Mughal Emperor, on his deathbed

I play too much empire total war.

Reactions: jmervyn
"My brothers will not have died in vain"

Wondering how many times I've heard that one...

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...."
General John Sedgwick, Battle of Spotsylvania

"I told you I was Ill"
Spike Milligan

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...."
General John Sedgwick, Battle of Spotsylvania
Not to be a smart arse or anything but its more like..

What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance…
John Sedgwick, US general, his last words before being killed by a sniper

Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

Reactions: jmervyn and Gorny
No... no, you can't get away. From Hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee!

Let all brave Prussians follow me!
Count von Sedgewick, Prussian general, his last words prior to being killed by a cannonball

Let all brave Prussians follow me!
Count von Sedgewick, Prussian general, his last words prior to being killed by a cannonball
Dude was in his 80's. King of Prussia called him a pussy so he jumped off his horse, grabbed an infantry standard and was shot with a bullet.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High