What we know about hardcore and D2R + useful tips

Relativity

Oct 5, 2021
Useful info:
- store things in a shared stash tab (new D2R feature) so you don't lose them when you die
- D2R has been having some random freezes for some people, so build tanky and hit the reset button as soon as it freezes (untested)
- TPPK isn't a thing anymore and hasn't been for awhile (apparently)

Post your other useful tips or info here!

Reactions: Nokk and Rush
Do not ever play in the areas where the dolls are. Have a friend rush you/clear for you.
You can revisit this post in the future to acknowledge you should have followed my advice.

Save the game periodically in case the server drops and rolls back it will use the most current save to roll you back to. I do this after every act now or good Mf run and it seems to work good. I lost an insight early on when it rolled back but havent lost anything since then...

I used to play in the 1.09 era when MSLE was a big thing in hardcore, as those bulky lightening bolts could one shot kill. Also we used to be extra careful around fire enchanted boss as they corpse explode upon death and dealt massive damage, same things goes for Nilathak. Hell Ancients was reroll spree as we prayed for easier mods as some crazy combo like Amp curse + Fana aura could one shot kill.

Are these still a thing?

I'm playing single player hardcore in D2R now. What are some of the things that could "one shot kill" you in this era? could anyone please give me a heads up on what to be extra careful with?

Currently playing a fishymancer starting nightmere. Already screwed up 2 toons, now this is my 3rd... doing my best keeping Fire/Light resists at max, no block just more vita, tried keeping some FHR and damage reduction while keeping as much as MF as possible.

Asking for survival tips ... as this is my vain attempt to reduce surprises.. help..

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High