What to put in Shako IN 1.07 ?

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
This is trivial for later patches since you can Hel+TP it anyway, but in 1.07 this doesn't work.

The options:

Perfect Topaz - this makes Shako to a better 3 PT helmet, I don't know if a Travibarb can use this to force sets/rares, because there is the physical pendant Steelskull and that should be way better for the job. And for running Andariel with a sorceress I THINK a plain 3 PT helmet or even Shako without any socket whatsoever is enough, would have to calculate that! Since magic find is broken in 1.07 that are the only two uses for a PT-Shako IMO.

Ist - simply out of question, 1% magic find more for a very rare rune is bonkers.

Perfect Ruby/Saphire - Ruby would probably make more sense to get more bang for the buck with the 40% life mod of Shako, but with double SoJ a Saphire could also make sense.

Um-rune/@all resistances Jool - now, if those resistances are needed, this seems like the best option for me.

What do you think, which option is the best if you got only one Shako in 1.07?
What DID you put in your .07 Shako?

I think I have PTopaz for boss running. Other than that, I’m not really using it (in this patch). I prefer Valkyrie Wing on a Sorc in 1.07.

You can also go for a ORT, especially if u have a Arcains (=50% fire)! I believe UM is just 10all = 40 with poison being neglectible!

It basically doens´t matter if u go Pruby or PSaph as u have to stat both life and ene.....

Oh is the Um-Rune not so good as in later patches?

My setup would be:

(Sorceress)
Shako open socket
Arcaines Valor open socket
Wizard Spike no socket
Unique Boneshield with PD
Mavinas Belt
Magefist/Trangouls(dependant on coldresi)
1 SoJ, 1 Fcr ring
Fcr amulett, later with +2 (or at least +2 cold)
Aldurs Boots for the FRW/50 life

No inventory except keys

This gives 105 fcr, lots of mana and a shitton of life

so wizard spike and Boneshield give ~115 @all, anyas quest gives 30, poison resi is not important at all because it will be a Cow/Eldrich sorc or even nilathak.

so i have ~145 resi on all, I guess Ort Shako and Thul Valor (only if magefist is chosen) would be good, if Um-rune is bad.

Now for Cows you might think resis are not important at all, but there are some normal uniques which can be lighting/cold enchanted, together with multishot this would hurt quite a lot.

Last edited:
There is NEVER MSLE in Cow, as Cows can´t shoot! There are very good Res Charms aswell, and no realistic perspectiv to reach "full" Skillers, which make the PRuby/PSaph not bad aswell! But yeah, u can go for the ORT/THUL! But check first that UM got buffed in later patches!

If in doubt put the ORT in the Valor and not the other way round!

Well Eldtrich and shenk can be MSLE but not cows....... Don´t ask me for logic, but 99% sure it´s how it works!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High