What the CRAP just happened????

Deathsentry

Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
What the CRAP just happened????

I play on ELHC and my friend made an Eternity today. After making it he put it on his lvl 90 Liberator, went outside and revived a bunch of corpses. then he noticed he was almost dead and he hadnt been attacked.

for some reason when ever he revived a monster it appeared to take 1/8 of his life orb away. we tested this on all difficultys and lots of chars and it ONLY happens on the pallys.

I am wondering if this is a bug or just a un noted effect that comes from a pally revi.(to evil maybe lol) and why its always 1/8 the life orb for all the pallys we tried it with(it's got lvl8 revive 88 charges)

no not yet imma play w/ it in the editor and post the results

also how could lvl 1 use the eternity? i will have to try some other things like harmony charges of revive

yeah, i made an eternity cadecous for my fiances level 81 zealer, and it does the same thing to her.

i remember it because she always uses the charges and complains about the life loss.

it must be a glitch.

It's not a glitch, it's a feature, and yes, it only happens to Paladins.

When any Paladin uses charges of Revive (from Eternity or Harmony), he will receive damage. It's a punishment for using evil skills. All other classes can use said charges with no penalty.

When any Paladin uses charges of Revive (from Eternity or Harmony), he will receive damage. It's a punishment for using evil skills. All other classes can use said charges with no penalty.

Hmm, I never heard of that so far, but I'm willing to learn :azn: . It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have any links which support your statement ?

Ha, I almost forgot what it meant to be a Paladin. It makes sense.

Hmm, I never heard of that so far, but I'm willing to learn :azn: . It's not that I don't believe you, but do you have any links which support your statement ?

AFAIK it's always been there, but only since 1.10 has a paladin been able to summon a revive. Same thing happens if he would summon a skeleton or skeleton mage.

None that I can provide without breaking the forum rules. I don't know if you trust me or not, but I'm 100% positive about this, if it makes any difference. You can test it out with Harmony on a Paladin, if you want to see for yourself.

Would casting an Iron Golem cause the same? Have to wait until tonight to test it with my Zealot's Metalgrid.

Probably not, but your zealot should seriously consider wearing Highlord's instead of Metalgrid and get resists from charms :azn:

Paladins apparantly have a credo against the undead, which is why they have incredible abilities against them (fighter clerics, if you want a D&D reference). I don't see anything in Blizzard's encyclopedia about using undead skills, like Raise/Revive, though. Makes sense, but no literature about the consequence of game mechanics? Sort of like not telling people Sacrifice takes part of your life then dying while attacking with it.

Talk to Gorny and ask him about whatever link/text you're talking of, I want to see this.

Probably not, but your zealot should seriously consider wearing Highlord's instead of Metalgrid and get resists from charms :azn:
Not only for resists, but AR mainly. I just happened to make him with what I have available.
BTW, Iron Golem did not cost him life.

Paladins apparantly have a credo against the undead, which is why they have incredible abilities against them (fighter clerics, if you want a D&D reference). I don't see anything in Blizzard's encyclopedia about using undead skills, like Raise/Revive, though. Makes sense, but no literature about the consequence of game mechanics? Sort of like not telling people Sacrifice takes part of your life then dying while attacking with it.

Talk to Gorny and ask him about whatever link/text you're talking of, I want to see this.
Hehe, if we wrote a book full of everything Blizzard *DIDN'T* tell us about the character skills, it'd be thicker than the game manual.

Hehe, if we wrote a book full of everything Blizzard *DIDN'T* tell us about the character skills, it'd be thicker than the game manual.
It'd be thicker than an encyclopedia. Trust me on this one. :shocked:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High