What is a caddy?

A Cadeceus (however you spell it) that is part of the Griswold Set. It can have up to four sockets. It is the ideal weapon for a wolfbarb because of its extremely high attack speeds [if 4 shael runes are placed into it]

Caduceus (Elite Scepter)
37-43 Dmg
70 Durability
Str Req: 97
Dex Req: 70
Item Level: 69
Clvl Req: 61 Sockets: 1-5
Range: 2
Dmg Bonus: 100 Str
150% Damage vs. Undead
Inv Size: 2x3 Weapon Speed: -1 0
Swing Speed:
Paladin: Very Fast

And yes, the weapon in the griz set is a caddy. The base weapon (non-set) can also be made into some nice runewords. It is often abreviated caddy because 1) nobody can spell "Caduceus" without looking it up, and 2) nobody knows how to pronounce "Caduceus" so we all think of it as "Caddy."

watching people spell some stuff makes me laugh. most often it's "caduceus" and "guillaume".

the caduceus is nothing but a "white" base elite weapon. there is a unique version of it (astreon's iron ward -- also often misspelled) as well as a set version, part of the griswold set. when someone refers to a "caddy" with no word before or after that, they are most likely referring to the set version, and almost definitely the 4-socket version. if there is something before that -- i.e. "hoj caddy" or "beast caddy" then it is referring to the runewords "hand of justice" and "beast" (respectively).

for the longest time, i believed the pronounciation was "cad - ooh - say - uss." apparently it's "cah - dOO - see - uss."

and its SUPER rare, i never seen a magical/rare/set/unique caduceus drop in my D2 life. But maybe its my 1337 luck :cheesy:
Although im looking for a sup caddy with +3 to zeal and 4 sockets for my new zealbarb. :clap:

-jordy :king:

[exile] said:
for the longest time, i believed the pronounciation was "cad - ooh - say - uss." apparently it's "cah - dOO - see - uss."
A caduceus is a herald's staff. So, if I had a staff, you should call it the caduceus of Doom :D. "KadooKeoos", if you want it pronounced in ancient Latin (that is, if I remember my Latin lessons ;))

HoD

jordy666 said:
and its SUPER rare, i never seen a magical/rare/set/unique caduceus drop in my D2 life. But maybe its my 1337 luck :cheesy:
Although im looking for a sup caddy with +3 to zeal and 4 sockets for my new zealbarb. :clap:
ahh. problem... skill bonuses on caddys are for paladins only.
you'd be pretty po'd if you paid big for one of these and found out it doesn't work, huh... lol

or am i missing something here? i AM remaking your zealbarb guide after all. does the skill bonus from the runeword negate the "paladin only" part? that just doesn't make sense.

[exile] said:
ahh. problem... skill bonuses on caddys are for paladins only.
you'd be pretty po'd if you paid big for one of these and found out it doesn't work, huh... lol

or am i missing something here? i AM remaking your zealbarb guide after all. does the skill bonus from the runeword negate the "paladin only" part? that just doesn't make sense.
a caddy with +3 to zeal with passion in it, will give even a non-pala +4 to zeal. :idea:

jordy666 said:
a caddy with +3 to zeal with passion in it, will give even a non-pala +4 to zeal. :idea:

yup, for some strange reason it does add :s
it shows up on weapon as +1 zeal & +3 zeal(paladin only) but u get +4 to zeal :D

|curses loudly|

and i just rolled a perfect 210% zerker like five minutes ago.

|sigh|

jordy666 said:

You are so unlucky, /me has passion caducues ^_^.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High