Discussion What does D4 need to have for you to buy it?

Players who moved on to POE etc will be keeping an eye on how Blizzard supports the game too. If it's a one-off purchase with a couple of expansions it's not exactly enticing. With POE cranking out a few updates a year that expand the game, and unless Blizzard so something similar, it could struggle.
It's all going to come down how well the endgame for D4 is on top of the updates they provide. I'm not terribly optimistic that Blizzard will be providing free add-on content aside from the typical ladder rewards after every season. Unless, by some miracle, D4 becomes their new flagship game and they no longer need to depend on WoW to keep the lights on.

POE players will stay permanently if Blizzard manages to pull this off somehow. Here's to hoping though!

Reactions: Strider
In all honesty, character customization. Not much would stop me getting it (eventually...) but flat, railroaded designs might make me pass outright. Short of a Warcraft 3 Reforged release I intend to give it a play on principle even if it isn't for long. But again, I'm flexible about when I buy and at how much of a discount.

Dream wise I would like the atmosphere of the games of old, but while I think it will go partway I think recapturing true essence from the original is a pipe dream.

Reactions: Strider and Rush
For me Decard Cain needs to be revived somehow, maybe even as an evil.
A new evil has arisen, equal in power to the Lord of Terror. He is known far and wide as the Lord of Long Winded Explanations. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: d2lover
Diablo is my favorite game of all time... loved it. D4 should definitely make it more D2 than what they tried in D3 which is a failure. I played every single Diablo game, probably D2 the most. I used to play a lot of Diablo 2 as a kid.. spent big bucks to get d2 items from stores like itemnow.com or d2legit lewt etc...i play hammerdin the most, they need to bring that back in D4 for sure.. so as the annihilus haha

As for me it will be day 1 if i have the $$$ to do so. i've been day 1 since d2 and dont plan on changing that. even if im dissappointed in the game *cough d3 cough*

Reactions: Cara and Rush
so what is it? 40 $ or € and you install it via Battlenet agent?
I'd expect the price point to be around US$60-70, and the Collector's Edition around US$110, if I had to guess, and you can launch it from the client.

All it needs for me is a release date, I've been waiting for this game for years. Had fun with the demo at Blizzcon 19 (the last one???), and I thought the devs were taking a lot of inspiration from D2 to begin with, but the D2R hype could really help push them further in that direction.

We can hope.

I'd expect the price point to be around US$60-70, and the Collector's Edition around US$110, if I had to guess, and you can launch it from the client.
Sounds about right. I'd lean more toward $60 as the expected price, but the big publishers are all pushing for $70 for new games now. Though the digital collector's edition I'd peg more in the $80-90 range. $100+ tends to be the physical copies that come with all kinds of extra goodies.

Also, not much point in waiting for a sale or for the price to drop. Blizzard doesn't really do that. Takes them years to drop the price on their stuff and it only goes down to around $40.

I don't think I'll be a day one purchase though. Remember Cyberpunk? I'll wait and see what it looks like once it's launched and barring some fundamental issue that turns me away from it, I'll purchase after the major kinks are worked out.

Reactions: Crudesash
Day 1 physical CE for me. I think I’m done with WoW (never say never), so that might be my only CE for quite a while.

Fewer rainbows.

Reactions: Cara
I need to see a proper and robust PvP implemented. It was a huge disappointment when D3 failed to deliver on its PvP promise.

I actually played the Diablo 3 PvP 'Arena System' back in Blizzcon 2009. It was actully fun and I remember really looking forward to this. But it never came and PvP in Diablo 3 currently is so trash. Like Diablo 3 PvE was so mind-numbing gameplay, and Diablo 2 PvP is far from perfect (but decent enough compare to Diablo 3). So with that, I want to see robust PvP in Diablo 4 aswell. Like, don't make PvP overly unbalance because of crazy stats from PvE, but I want to see incentives for a lower level PvP sence that also benefits while progressing; while keeping competitive end game PvP on some type of ladder bored.

Last edited:
Let DIablo 4 be just another part of Diablo 2. I'd rather forget about D3. Really my requirements aren't that big and PoE was able to do it.
I need great music, interesting quests, some interesting item crating system. I would also like to be able to play with my friends, and maybe some PvP (but I know players don't like it at the moment). I would like there to be missions (singleplayer or PvP) where you can command someone evil

Honestly, the only real thing I'm looking for is good controller/gamepad controls. I'm a PC player, but still plan to play w/ a controller. I have seen D3 on console years ago and it looked like it played well.

When I think of isometric action games w/ good controller controls, I think of Hades, Lost Ark, etc. D2R's controller controls are FINE, but I a bit cumbersome, imo.

Also, good writing/story.

Im gonna need full stats customization, more character models, better stash space.. Im having a great time playing D2R - its how I thought it looked back in the day so I can keep playing this if D4 isnt great.. D3 was Ok - but killing Cain how they did , all the gooofy rainbows and unicorns, completely NO End game kinda ruined it for me. Im actually hoping they can make it at least as good as D2 was..

For me the story has to be good, but we don't know that before we play. So my main request is that there will be cross platform save.
Would love to play with full focus on pc, then switch to console and grind a bit from the couch.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High