D2 What class will you play first?

Necromancer. If a skelly or a boner remains to be seen.

Reactions: Tragedy
I’ll end up playing everything eventually but starting with Barb for old time’s sake. Spin spin spin!

Im lvl 75 HC with my Fishyzon hell a1. Great char to start with, just got a Melody rw in a +2 Stag Bow, so (the few) light immunes problems are now history.

Haha I made my sorc - got to lvl 12 - and rolled a Necro and I just got to act 5 normal this morning....

Having solved nightmare (which was a bit problematic for my blizzard sorc because act 5 has a couple of cold immunes), I'm basically through with the "fun of the first experience" phase. I think the graphics are great and the gameplay is pretty close to what it was before, there are only a few minor issues.

Next: Nightmare Meph. I was lucky and rolled up a Durance 2 map with the stairs down around the corner at the second attempt. The moat trick is working as before BTW, you can stay at exactly the same spot without being attacked by Meph. I wil stay there until I have halfway decent items for hell Meph and Tunnels. Perhaps I will do a few cow runs in nightmare as well... a few ptopazes for cheap MF gear might be useful. I think 4 socket armor (like dusk shrouds etc.) can drop there, right?

My current gear is Lore, Stealth, Spirit (sword), Rhyme, Goldwrap, rare 25% MF boots and a few other rares, as well as Insight for the merc in a noneth partizan... what a relief not having to run back to town for mana potions every 5 minutes! BTW, my first unique item was Lenymo, quite useful for a low-level caster.

i don't think you can get a dusk shroud before hell, but there should be some 3 socket armors possible, i think i found myself a 3 os mage plate in nm chaos sanctuary, so cows can drop it too, if i am not mistaken. Been farming nm for a long time on my trap/kick sin for similar reasons as you described, needed gear.

I did however make it to hell and got lucky in pits with a monarch, so dual spirit now. Need to level up my merc so he can equip the non eth colossus Voulge Insight that i made. I know...i always make the mistake of making one of those and then realise the str req is very steep. So for that one it is more pit runs, and when i don't want to do that, i'll level my sorc a bit.

You can find one in nightmare, but only in the lowest level of Nihlathak's place, WSK and Throne Room and not in cows. The drop chance is less than 1 in 70000 in 1 player games, however. So yes, I might be satisfied with a 3 socket armor.

If your merc lacks strength to wear a CV, you could socket Griswold's armor with 3 pamethysts, for a +50 bonus to strength. It shouldn't be hard to find one at hell Mephisto... who might be worth visiting for some time before Pits, Tunnels or other L85 areas. He's the best supplier of bread and butter items.

You can find one in nightmare, but only in the lowest level of Nihlathak's place, WSK and Throne Room and not in cows. The drop chance is less than 1 in 70000 in 1 player games, however. So yes, I might be satisfied with a 3 socket armor.

If your merc lacks strength to wear a CV, you could socket Griswold's armor with 3 pamethysts, for a +50 bonus to strength. It shouldn't be hard to find one at hell Mephisto... who might be worth visiting for some time before Pits, Tunnels or other L85 areas. He's the best supplier of bread and butter items.
That is a good point about meph and the griswolds, thanks! My sorc is close to getting to hell so i might use that one to get some run of the mill items. and then go back to the sin once i get enough to farm chaos sanctuary on hell with the sin. Standard stuff, gore an guilloumes(or however you spell that) and throw in some countess runs.

I am liking the progression and steady upgrades this game provides. And the option to make a specialized character to do one thing and provide better items for other characters to do other things.

downside is, it takes some time and i don't really have a lot of that these days.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High