Discussion Welcome to PureDiablo - Returning from Diablo Retirement for Diablo IV (also now D2R)

Hey all,
glad to found this site. I am also planning to come back to the diablo series for IV. I was quite disappointed by III, mostly because there were no real builds and the overall simplification. I am so glad i read that they want to go another way now with DIV more oriented on DII.
I got hyped when i saw the rogue trailer and the comeback of pvp! I really hope they will implement this properly. For that reason i am looking for some people that are also interested in hardcore pvp to discuss and maybe form some alliance.

To myself, i started diablo with I back in the days (actually on playstation :D) but i was always playing it on casual level. Also DII I enjoyed very much but never played it excessively. With D3 and at the moment PoE i start to become more into these games and try to push myself a little bit further.

Looking forward to some nice conversations and speculations about DIV and of course, some great games whenever it will be published!

See you in hell guys!

Reactions: Rush
Gosh, i wondered where the old moderators went and now i see this opening post from 2020, alittle late haha

Better late than never.

Thank you for putting in the time to put up a new site and content for the Diablo Community. I played Diablo 1 in high School, then did a fairly long stretch in D2, and played D3 for about a year. I am excited to return to the Diablo World and new adventures in it. I'm currently playing through D2 Resurrected while I wait for D4 to come out.

Reactions: Rush and Elly
I am a 47 year old manchild. I am going to play my ballzinies off when this comes out. Lets here it for middle aged gamers! UNITE! Damn look at my post count and join date. I am the biggest lurker here!

Reactions: Rush and Elly
Cool to see this community starting back up. I miss the old red forums with the rejuv pots everywhere!!!

Reactions: coju
Not necessarily new, but pretty much newly active.

I was saint_of_killers on the dii.net forums. I actually got a PM on dii.net from Elly a few years back about things being migrated here. But I was a couple years late on reading it lol. Luckily I DID read it before dii.net shut down.

I still love the forum format. Discord isn't my thing for something like large community discussions. Reddit is okay. So I'm glad this exists and hope to be more active once D4 drops. Although as much as I love forums, I rarely use them for finding things out about games (I'll still talk about the game tho). Nowadays I usually just google stuff I want to know now. But if I have questions about the game, I'll try to ask here. :)

Not necessarily new, but pretty much newly active.

I was saint_of_killers on the dii.net forums. I actually got a PM on dii.net from Elly a few years back about things being migrated here. But I was a couple years late on reading it lol. Luckily I DID read it before dii.net shut down.

I still love the forum format. Discord isn't my thing for something like large community discussions. Reddit is okay. So I'm glad this exists and hope to be more active once D4 drops. Although as much as I love forums, I rarely use them for finding things out about games (I'll still talk about the game tho). Nowadays I usually just google stuff I want to know now. But if I have questions about the game, I'll try to ask here. :)
Welcome back @Dr. Cheesesteak! There are some advantages of forums for sure as dii.net proved, the sharing of knowledge that would never get lost and be helpful for other players. Not something you can really do easily on Reddit or Discord. I encourage people to use them as much as possible otherwise a lot of useful information gets lost. Plus, there's no trolling on here as it's not permitted :)

Reactions: Dr. Cheesesteak
Hi @Elly, @Gorny and @Rush,
it has really been a long, long, long time since our paths crossed in D2 and I really enjoyed exchanging everything Diablo 2 and the rest of life with you and all the other members. The time I moderated the sorceress forum was quite memorable to me :)

Now seeing that @Elly reimagined a similar space for D4 got me all excited as having a form of communicating with likeminded D4 players in a similar matter to D2 and NOT through reddit or watching youtube :sick: is really a nice change of pace.

I read a bit about some of your endeavours in Elly first post here. Nice to see how life goes along. Meanwhile married here with 2 boys. D3 was okay for a while. D4 had me upgrading my gaming hardware in now time, having me hooked in no time.

Do you have plans for class specific forums or do we just tag posts appropiately for class guides and class discussions?
As back in D2 I currently play Sorceress only and a bit Necro, as time permits.
By the way fabulous that the logins from back then still work!!!!!

I am really happy @Elly , that you decided to venture down the D4 road and created this space.

Cheers, hugs, Meli

• Wow
Reactions: Gorny and Elly
Hey melianor

It's so strange seeing old names reappear but in a nice way.

I don't think you're alone in not playing D3 for long, I was the same but I sometimes wonder if I gave it a fair crack or did I get caught up in the general feeling that it was a poor 3rd title. I liked it more than many but I still stopped playing fairly quickly. I dunno, I see screenshots sometimes and think "wow, that looks really good". Maybe it's a case of rose-tinted glasses.

So, married with 2 boys, is a lot of whole lot to fit "in between" then and now. Busy lass. 😊

The forums look a wee bit different than before, much quieter. I think so many people use the reddit forums or discord now and it's had a knock-on effect on communities like this one so I don't think we'll need dedicated class forums, so we put forum tags to id the posts better.

How are you getting on with the Sorc? I've gone Sorc first this time too.

Right now I'm all glass and not much cannon but I think it's my poor choice of gear. There seems to be so much faffing around with the different stats, so many combinations of them on items I lose the will to live when I get back to town with a backpack full of items and have to weigh them up.

Anyway, I'm so glad to see another familiar face has reappeared from the hectic world out there.

Hey melianor

It's so strange seeing old names reappear but in a nice way.

I don't think you're alone in not playing D3 for long, I was the same but I sometimes wonder if I gave it a fair crack or did I get caught up in the general feeling that it was a poor 3rd title. I liked it more than many but I still stopped playing fairly quickly. I dunno, I see screenshots sometimes and think "wow, that looks really good". Maybe it's a case of rose-tinted glasses.

So, married with 2 boys, is a lot of whole lot to fit "in between" then and now. Busy lass. 😊

The forums look a wee bit different than before, much quieter. I think so many people use the reddit forums or discord now and it's had a knock-on effect on communities like this one so I don't think we'll need dedicated class forums, so we put forum tags to id the posts better.

How are you getting on with the Sorc? I've gone Sorc first this time too.

Right now I'm all glass and not much cannon but I think it's my poor choice of gear. There seems to be so much faffing around with the different stats, so many combinations of them on items I lose the will to live when I get back to town with a backpack full of items and have to weigh them up.

Anyway, I'm so glad to see another familiar face has reappeared from the hectic world out there.
Yes, very strange *hugs*.
Kind of feel a bit younger suddenly with nightmares about getting to lvl99 on the D2 ladder with some members of the previous diabloii forums. Time flies!
First son 18 now, will probably move to Island in 2 years to study. Second 16, still in school, going down the IT road. All in all happy life! Looking back, never thought it would end up being a parent

D3, so colorful, not so dark, more action paced. I did enjoy it too, but D4 feels more addictive! D3 felt to me similar to what you wrote.

All this reddit nonesense :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! I drop in there from time to time but leave fast as its sometimes gibberish or toxic. I miss knowledge exchange a lot. Maybe I am to old for reddit the format. I have already popped to the purediablo discord. Discord - IRC on steroids, feels good!
Do you mind that the forum style, like this, is quieter then the new formats?

My Blizzard/Iceshards Sorceress is wrecking havoc!
Feels like Meteorb in D2.

Freeze, Bam!
What are all these shattered ice cubes?
Oh looks like a vampire or goat berserker.
*poors some whiskey over them* Skol!

Compared to D2 its also about your skill choices but much more focus on choosing the right aspects to your skills.
I find this makes all the difference! Also discovering and playing around with the mechanics of some aspects that might sound underwhelming has paid off.

There is this aspect "When you hit a crowd controlled enemy, there is x% chance that the crowd control effect will spear to nearby enemies."
First I was like, oh well, that sounds not so powerful. I played around, watched some videos and now like 90% my sorceress hits gets frozen, vulnerable and then dies in silence. It took some different aspect combinations and some uniques to make it really shine, but I was able to go through all the tiers with this Blizzard/Iceshards combination, even in the lower levels, since it offers good survivability and AOE power. With some points into paragon board there also a constant barrier.

I could go on, but I think I will reserve that for a detailed build guide from level 1-xx. Mana management is kind of important in this game. There's no ".. gulp-gulp of mana potions, TP to town to buy more ..." scenario anymore :(

What kind of sorc are you playing @Elly and at which level is the character currently?

Picking apart the stats you want feels terrible at times. My focus is CDR, Mana, Mana regneration, Damage to Frozen/Stunned/Chilled/Vulnerable and then some defensive stats. Feels like sorting out the items is one of the major tasks and not some much about magic finding the right gear, which I actually do like. You don't need uniques to shine. The uniques have the potential though to make your build perfect.

Same, same here. A welcome discovery from "ages" ago.
Fond memories of good past times feel amazing :love:

Reactions: Gorny
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High