Welcome and what forums?

The terrible highlighting feature is very, very off-putting.

Hi, It's me again... I hope I am not sounding too negative or unappreciative for the hard work done so far on the forums. And I understand fine tuning is still probably in progress. However there are some things that just catches my eye and bothers me visually.

The green buttons. I understand why you make them so visible. So poeple find the controls. But do people need this much help using a forum in 2020? Imho they stand out too much from the colouring and the vibe of the rest of the forum. Another colour perhaps? Going a bit further: are they needed?

Will take a look at this.

New thread button at top
New thread is startable from a textfield "Thread name". Maybe "Start new thread" would be more guiding into the funtionality as it isn't a search bar for threads.#

Likely changable

Reply to thread button at top
You can reply at the bottom of a thread.

Scroll up, scroll down buttons at bottom
Home and End keys exist if there ever was a need for this. Scrolling on mobile gets you to top and end in no time.

These should not interfere with anything anyway

But that was just food for thought. Colouring would fix this "issue" if you deem it as such.

Another thing: I am getting subliminal messages telling me to ignore but the opposite is happening.

Ignore button
Isn't it enough you can ignore a thread by going into it and setting ignore there. I mean who goes to a forum and starts oh I'll ignore that and that and that and oh those have to go too. I would think that if you need to ignore :)somethin, it is an exception and thus the option for it does not need to be on a level of the forum where you have not even seen the content yet.

Ignore is there so you can do it from the thread list. I see you are on mobile, so perhaps that needs to be tweaked a bit for mobile view.

Reactions: SirName
Fixes/Changes....

1. HIghlight text working in text input
2. Changed Thread Title to "Start New Thread".
3. Button colours changed/

I'm still having issues with the highlight, though I can't exactly pinpoint where it's breaking. Highlight seems to work just fine when you are just freely composing or using the 'Reply' button, but pasting from another source sometimes causes the highlight to revert to black. Pasting one paragraph worked fine. Pasting two caused a black highlight. Pasting one entirely different paragraph caused it to revert to black. And obviously, pasting the entire post of multiple paragraphs made the highlight revert to black.

Edit: A few quick checks show that any text formatting will cause the highlight to revert to black (for the formatted text). I'm working around the issue by using the 'Toggle BB code' button.

Last edited:
It could be because the highlighted section is formatted such as italics. I will take a look and see if it's that.

Green buttons -> red. Loving this change. :)

Let me know if there are any more technical/display issues and I'll sort them right away. Priority is to get everything functioning as people expect :) I think everything has been dealt with but you just never know.

Erm.. The up & down buttons again. :) On desktop version of the site this time. I found the "hide buttons after one second after being still" -feature annoying. I would rather they be visible all the time or not at all. This is my normal flow:

-enter thread
-start reading, buttons disappear.
-finish reading content in view (or feel the need to scroll anyways), start scrolling, buttons appear
-continue reading, buttons disappear.
-finish reading content in view, buttons reappear

My scrolling frequency caused an annoying blinking in the lower right corner. This is more of a FYI as it wasn't something uBlock origin couldn't fix but maybe it is something to check out.

Erm.. The up & down buttons again. :) On desktop version of the site this time. I found the "hide buttons after one second after being still" -feature annoying. I would rather they be visible all the time or not at all. This is my normal flow:

-enter thread
-start reading, buttons disappear.
-finish reading content in view (or feel the need to scroll anyways), start scrolling, buttons appear
-continue reading, buttons disappear.
-finish reading content in view, buttons reappear

My scrolling frequency caused an annoying blinking in the lower right corner. This is more of a FYI as it wasn't something uBlock origin couldn't fix but maybe it is something to check out.

I get what you are saying about the buttons and I guess it also depends on what resolution you are viewing the forums on for them to be in the line of sight or not. I actually use these a lot on sites myself. I am not sure there is a middle ground that would satisfy everyone :(

I got another slight issue:

The base text color inside of spoiler tags is the same color used for hyperlinks, rendering them completely camouflaged.
Just here as an example

Edit: also, slightly less important, bolded text inside rich text code ([ code=rich ]) does not look bold at all.
Rich (BB code):
bold
not bold

Last edited by a moderator:
I got another slight issue:

The base text color inside of spoiler tags is the same color used for hyperlinks, rendering them completely camouflaged.
Just here as an example

Edit: also, slightly less important, bolded text inside rich text code ([ code=rich ]) does not look bold at all.
Rich (BB code):
bold
not bold

Thanks, will try and tackle these two today.

Rich (BB code):
Rich
code

Rich (BB code):
bold
not bold

Last edited:
@Vildecor , those should be fixed. As far as I can tell, the Rich code is working as intended after testing a few things out. Not sure how many folk actually use it but it seems OK.

Reactions: Vildecor
Hey @Rush I noticed this on one of my threads, and thought it was because I had copied tables over from the old site:
white
test
But, it looks as if it's the default table settings for the new forum skin? Table Header = white, Text = white

I can no longer change the forum skin/style in preferences like before, is this intentional?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High